SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
WHat carrer pathways could I go down with A-Levels in Biology, Chemistry and History, I Intend to go to Uni, Thanks
Incubator
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SCIENCE :D)
WHat carrer pathways could I go down with A-Levels in Biology, Chemistry and History, I Intend to go to Uni, Thanks

Loads and loads. Pick one and choose.
SCIENCE :D
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Incubator)
Loads and loads. Pick one and choose.
Any guidance haha??, thanks though
Incubator
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The thing is; there's literally thousands.
Incubator
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

History or Biology or Maths at Uni are the obvious ones
plasmaman
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Medicine
Dentistry
Pharmacy
Diagnostic Radiography
Radiotherapy
Nursing
Midwifery
Audiology
Optometry
Orthoptics
Podiatry
Teaching
Paramedic
Megan_90
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

There are lots of carriers, you can take a degree on any of these subjects, also you can study archaeology but let me give you some examples of careers you can do:
  • Museum Conservation- A small but interesting field for chemists is in the conservation and authentification of art and artifacts. This is particularly attractive to those with an interest and courses in art history, archaeology or related fields.
  • Pharmaceuticals - drug design using computational modeling, synthesis of new drugs, study of drug metabolism, quality control analysis.
  • Materials chemistry - semi-conductor and solid state materials and devices, nano-materials.
  • Biotechnology - biochemical and pharmacology studies.
  • Forensic chemistry
  • Environmental chemistry - environmental analysis, emission control and abatement, testing and regulatory agencies
  • Education- Secondary school teaching is a career that has interested some of our gradu­ates. Many others enter teaching in two or four year colleges and universities; almost all chemistry faculty positions at these schools require an advanced degree.
  • Biochemical Technicians

But make a perfect decision on what you want to do, I would advice you to do some research on different careers related to these subjects and think to yourself whether you would enjoy doing that career.
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The problem is, Biology and Chemistry blow open most science courses at uni, which makes it difficult to narrow down.

So, to narrow it down:
a) Which subject are you enjoying the most?
b) What topic are you enjoying the most, or did you enjoy a lot at AS?
c) Why do you like your favourite topic?
d) Do you have any plans, even vague ideas, as to what you want to do after uni?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (624)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (778)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.69%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.49%

Watched Threads