Please help, Career choices???Watch
There are lots of carriers, you can take a degree on any of these subjects, also you can study archaeology but let me give you some examples of careers you can do:
- Museum Conservation- A small but interesting field for chemists is in the conservation and authentification of art and artifacts. This is particularly attractive to those with an interest and courses in art history, archaeology or related fields.
- Pharmaceuticals - drug design using computational modeling, synthesis of new drugs, study of drug metabolism, quality control analysis.
- Materials chemistry - semi-conductor and solid state materials and devices, nano-materials.
- Biotechnology - biochemical and pharmacology studies.
- Forensic chemistry
- Environmental chemistry - environmental analysis, emission control and abatement, testing and regulatory agencies
- Education- Secondary school teaching is a career that has interested some of our graduates. Many others enter teaching in two or four year colleges and universities; almost all chemistry faculty positions at these schools require an advanced degree.
- Biochemical Technicians
But make a perfect decision on what you want to do, I would advice you to do some research on different careers related to these subjects and think to yourself whether you would enjoy doing that career.
So, to narrow it down:
a) Which subject are you enjoying the most?
b) What topic are you enjoying the most, or did you enjoy a lot at AS?
c) Why do you like your favourite topic?
d) Do you have any plans, even vague ideas, as to what you want to do after uni?