The Student Room Group

Someone help my hamster died today :'(

Hi can someone help! my hamster died this morning and I don't know how? she was 1 year and 5 months old when the average life expectancy is 2-3 years for a syrian hamster. Could this be a possibility.. I changed and cleaned her cage 2 days before she died, to stop her pee staining the plastic cage I put newspaper / shiny paper from a article down under her bedding/ hay I don't think ink I's toxic as I've did this before.. are am I being paranoid and it was just old :frown: someone give me a explanation that will make me feel better :frown::frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
RIP how you feel better op
Original post by twisted
RIP how you feel better op

I
Thankyou :frown:
Just your average random unexpected death. You definitely didn't poison your hamster to death with shiny paper :lol:
Do a post mortem thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by bethanyc4305
Hi can someone help! my hamster died this morning and I don't know how? she was 1 year and 5 months old when the average life expectancy is 2-3 years for a syrian hamster. Could this be a possibility.. I changed and cleaned her cage 2 days before she died, to stop her pee staining the plastic cage I put newspaper / shiny paper from a article down under her bedding/ hay I don't think ink I's toxic as I've did this before.. are am I being paranoid and it was just old :frown: someone give me a explanation that will make me feel better :frown::frown:

Don't worry you wont kill your future kids.
R.I.P to your hamster it must be so upsetting. Don't worry it isn't your fault that your hamster died, there could have been all sorts of things that caused it's death, and you've used that paper before. Pets don't always live to their life expectancy, it probably died of natural causes :smile:
It might have had a tumour.
It was just that hamster's time to go. :rip:

I've lost four pets in my lifetime, it's sad :sad:

I'll never forget my first rabbit, I loved him. He was a wee skinny thing though and died young :frown:
Aww :frown: this is so sad

Virtual hugs to you and hope you feel better soon :console:
Reply 10
What do you want them to do, bring it back from the dead?
So sorry to hear this :frown: I have lost 2 hamsters, a dog (on my 12th bday and it was the day I left primary school :frown: ) and recently, a cat. I know how painful it is to lose a pet. Don't beat yourself up over it, it really sucks but sometimes these things just happen :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by somemightsay888
Just your average random unexpected death. You definitely didn't poison your hamster to death with shiny paper :lol:

thats relieving !! thanks :redface:
Original post by Serano
What do you want them to do, bring it back from the dead?

No need to be harsh :moon:
Original post by Enoxial
Don't worry you wont kill your future kids.

i love sarcasm haha:cool:
Original post by VioletPhillippo
R.I.P to your hamster it must be so upsetting. Don't worry it isn't your fault that your hamster died, there could have been all sorts of things that caused it's death, and you've used that paper before. Pets don't always live to their life expectancy, it probably died of natural causes :smile:

Thankyou for the reeassurance! my last hamster lived for 2 and half years , thats why im abit shocked :s-smilie::confused:
Original post by Maid Marian
It was just that hamster's time to go. :rip:

I've lost four pets in my lifetime, it's sad :sad:

I'll never forget my first rabbit, I loved him. He was a wee skinny thing though and died young :frown:

oh :frown: so sad
Original post by bethanyc4305
oh :frown: so sad

I miss that bunny. :frown: He was my first pet. I was distraught on the inside when he died, but on the outside I tried to act like I wasn't that bothered. :erm:
Reply 18
I'm sorry to hear that.

Sometimes with small pets they do just pass away, and you never know why. I doubt it was the newspaper as it's a very common thing to use.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anunoriginaluser
Aww :frown: this is so sad

Virtual hugs to you and hope you feel better soon :console:

Aw thank you! virtual hugs back at ya!:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest