AlphaTango - Op Massive. Watch

AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Background
In the forces, currently on a long course so i've got access to an awesome gym 24 hours a day would be wrong to not make the most of it. The last year has been all press-ups, burpees and boot runs with kit on. I've been out of the weights game for at least 2 years because i've been running long distance. I'm in good shape but its time for Op Massive!

Unfortunately I do compulsory other phys too which will impact on how regular my workouts are.

Bodyweight: 75kg (21 Nov 14)

Workout A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 3x5
Dips 3x8

Workout B
Squat 3x5
Press 3x5
Row 3x5
Pullups 3x5

Food
0630 - Breakfast (Cereal/Fruit)
0900 - Snack (Toast/Fruit)
1200 - Lunch (Wrap/Omelette/Baguette + Rice/Pasta/Potatoes)
1430 - Snack (Nuts, Yoghurt, Fruit, Creatine)
1700 - Evening Meal (Bowl Of Soup + Bread, Meat & Carb, Yoghurt)
2000 - Snack (Cereal)
AlphaTango
Rep:
?
First weights workout in around 2 years, starting nice and low weights especially on deadlift/squat. I want to continually add weight and not get injured.

Friday 14 Nov 14 - A
Squat 3x5 60kg
Bench 3x5 60kg
Deadlift 3x5 80kg
Dips 3x8 BW

Bench was relatively easy but i've done a lot of press-ups, it was good getting back to squat/dead again though it felt heavy despite the low weight. My form is horrendous having to fully concentrate every rep to keep to good form until it becomes natural again. Smashed out the dips.
AlphaTango
Rep:
?
Tuesday 18 Nov 14 - B
Squat 3x5 62.5kg
Press 3x5 30kg
Row 3x5 20kg
Pull ups 3x5 (5, 4, 3, 3)

Squat form was better, press was relatively easy, pendlay row felt very strange after so long didn't feel hard just getting that form right again to engage the right muscles. Disappointed with not being able to do 3x5 Pull-ups straight off but i had done a full-body circuit the day before including pull-ups.
AlphaTango
Rep:
?
Thursday 20 Nov 14 - A
Squat 3x5 65kg
Bench 3x5 65kg
Deadlift 3x5 80kg
Dips 3x8 BW

Last set on bench was pretty tough only 10kg below my bodyweight on my second session though so pretty happy with that, stayed light with squat/deadlift form is getting there will build it slowly up until christmas to get used to the movement. Smashed dips again, going to add some weight next session.
illusionz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good luck brah. I imagine you'll be getting stronger pretty quick. Do you have limitations on how big you can sensibly get given you're in the forces.

You already know your squat and deadlifts are low compared to bench but if you want form advice feel free to take a video (side on is best) and post it here. You can make it unlisted on youtube.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (224)
72.73%
Jeremy Hunt (84)
27.27%

Watched Threads