minaekei
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'll try to make this short and easy to understand.

I hate Business Studies. It's absolutely horrible and I have no idea what possessed me to choose the subject when I knew I no longer had interest in it. I wanted to take AS Law but all the spaces for the subject were full. I've looked at every other subject my college does but nothing is really gripping me.
I would rather get a W (withdrew) than a F (fail) or U (ungraded/not worthy of any grade) but I know that I will end up with the latter two if I continue on with this subject because I hate it so much.
I only take 3 subjects so If I can't find a subject I want to switch to and then fail BS along with it, they'll kick me out of the college.
Right now I'm doing really well in my Fashion and Sociology class, so I have no intention of changing those subjects. I just have no idea what I'm supposed to do with business studies because just thinking about going to a lesson makes me feel sick. Because of this subject my anxiety has come back, I'm not getting any sleep, and overall I'm becoming a really negative person.

I have no idea what to do so I would be really grateful is anyone could give me any sort of advice? :frown:
Kash24411
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by minaekei)
I'll try to make this short and easy to understand.

I hate Business Studies. It's absolutely horrible and I have no idea what possessed me to choose the subject when I knew I no longer had interest in it. I wanted to take AS Law but all the spaces for the subject were full. I've looked at every other subject my college does but nothing is really gripping me.
I would rather get a W (withdrew) than a F (fail) or U (ungraded/not worthy of any grade) but I know that I will end up with the latter two if I continue on with this subject because I hate it so much.
I only take 3 subjects so If I can't find a subject I want to switch to and then fail BS along with it, they'll kick me out of the college.
Right now I'm doing really well in my Fashion and Sociology class, so I have no intention of changing those subjects. I just have no idea what I'm supposed to do with business studies because just thinking about going to a lesson makes me feel sick. Because of this subject my anxiety has come back, I'm not getting any sleep, and overall I'm becoming a really negative person.

I have no idea what to do so I would be really grateful is anyone could give me any sort of advice? :frown:
Psychology maybe? It can go well with your current studies.

Maybe Geography or History?

Surely your college must have a large variety of courses to choose from so it can't be that difficult. If neither of the above what do you want to study at university?
minaekei
Rep:
?
Unfortunately, I'm extremely picky...

I don't like History, Geography, Any type of Science, and English bores the hell out of me.
I love Dance and Music but if I take those subjects for A-Level i'll end up hating it (as what happened with Art in GCSE)
That narrows my choices down to.... i don't know, nothing?

I have no idea what I want to study at uni...
Kash24411
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Unfortunately, I'm extremely picky...

I don't like History, Geography, Any type of Science, and English bores the hell out of me.
I love Dance and Music but if I take those subjects for A-Level i'll end up hating it (as what happened with Art in GCSE)
That narrows my choices down to.... i don't know, nothing?

I have no idea what I want to study at uni...
BTEC subjects? Coursework is easier than you think especially if you stay on top of it and this does apply for majority of the BTEC subjects...
minaekei
Rep:
?
Coursework isn't the problem for me.. I tried taking the Btec route but it was too easy for me that I ended up not liking it either.. I actually love studying, but I only like studying things I have an interest in. If I don't like something I won't put the effort in and when that happens I fail. I'm literally in a "no hope" scenario right now.

Thanks for trying to help though~
Cat97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Coursework isn't the problem for me.. I tried taking the Btec route but it was too easy for me that I ended up not liking it either.. I actually love studying, but I only like studying things I have an interest in. If I don't like something I won't put the effort in and when that happens I fail. I'm literally in a "no hope" scenario right now.

Thanks for trying to help though~
I have the same issue, only 3 months into AS Levels and I'm completely bored with 2/3 of them. I'd suggest an apprenticeship maybe? That way you won't be put off the subjects you enjoy due to exams/results because there isn't any - plus you get paid! You also mentioned you enjoy studying, which I think still must apply to apprenticeships, so you can get the best possible experience out of them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (140)
14.37%
I'm not sure (42)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (291)
29.88%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (476)
48.87%

Watched Threads