The Student Room Group

youth and community work degree

am going to start my personal statement off today for a first draft for my tutor

I want to add in a small paragraph to why I want to study this degree at the start as on the ucas it mentions why you are excited....could I say some points how youth work is important and end it on a simple sentence then type up experiences, qualifications etc in separate paragraphs..?

please gie me your honest advice/opinions it will be appreciated

thank u :smile:

wasn't sure if I posted in the create forum
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sim12345
am going to start my personal statement off today for a first draft for my tutor

I want to add in a small paragraph to why I want to study this degree at the start as on the ucas it mentions why you are excited....could I say some points how youth work is important and end it on a simple sentence then type up experiences, qualifications etc in separate paragraphs..?

please gie me your honest advice/opinions it will be appreciated

thank u :smile:

wasn't sure if I posted in the create forum

Yes it's important to mention why you want to study the degree (what interests/excites you e.t.c) and what you think you'll gain from it so I would do a paragraph on that. :smile:
Original post by Shostakovish
With any personal statement you have the basic trend. This is what I did for mine, each point is a separate paragraph -
Explain what interests you in the degree
Link this to your A Level/College choices
Link this to your work experience
Link this to the skills you have, what makes you better than other candidates
Link this again back to why you want to do this degree

Youth and Community work degree, here are some questions to think about that might help you shape your personal statement -
How does your work experience link to this degree?
What do you want to do after your degree?
What characteristics do you show for this degree?
Why should we choose you over other candidates?
Why do you think this degree is necessary to society?

Writing a personal statement is not hard once you have your main ideas into your head, and you don't feel lazy.
Good luck writing it! It only took me a weekend.

a very detailed answer, thank u very much really inspiring :smile:
Original post by VioletPhillippo
Yes it's important to mention why you want to study the degree (what interests/excites you e.t.c) and what you think you'll gain from it so I would do a paragraph on that. :smile:

thank u very much for your answer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest