Seals Watch

This discussion is closed.
loppy_lou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi All,

You may have heard the recent publicity surrounding the Canadian government's decision to start a three-year programme to slaughter over one million seals in a bid to protect fish stocks, the biggest cull for 50 years. The devastating cull involves seals being shot and clubbed by hunters, then skinned - possibly while still alive.

The RSPCA have organised a petition which they propose to put forward to the Canadian Commissioner, highlighting the cruelty of this decision and this is your opportunity to speak out on behalf of the creatures that cannot speak for themsleves!

Click on the link below and then forward this to whomever you feel will sign and spead the word!
htpp://www.rspca.org.uk/sealcull
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
******* seals. They screw up everything I try to do.

Go Canadians.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If this was given a descriptive thread title, it might get some more attention rather than being written off as another "I'm new, hello" thread.
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
(Original post by blissy)
If this was given a descriptive thread title, it might get some more attention rather than being written off as another "I'm new, hello" thread.

What are you talking about?
Who changed the name of my thread.
I wasnt bothered if people pay attention to my threads or not. Its really up 2 the person if they wanna read it.
LH
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by loppy_lou)
What are you talking about?
Who changed the name of my thread.
I wasnt bothered if people pay attention to my threads or not. Its really up 2 the person if they wanna read it.
But if they have no idea of the content then they may not read it, even if they were an avid seal fan.
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hi All,

You may have heard the recent publicity surrounding the Canadian government's decision to start a three-year programme to slaughter over one million seals in a bid to protect fish stocks, the biggest cull for 50 years. The devastating cull involves seals being shot and clubbed by hunters, then skinned - possibly while still alive.

The RSPCA have organised a petition which they propose to put forward to the Canadian Commissioner, highlighting the cruelty of this decision and this is your opportunity to speak out on behalf of the creatures that cannot speak for themsleves!

Click on the link below and then forward this to whomever you feel will sign and spead the word!
htpp://www.rspca.org.uk/sealcull
What about all the fish that will die out if seal numbers aren't controlled. Or are they not cute enough to bother saving?
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Well people have their opions and all is allowed to share if we want to.
Whats wrong with me sharing mine then?
I dont know why i bother with this site. I thou i would become a member cos it seemed like a nice forums. Wished i didnt bother now with the way people are being with every post ive put on here.
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dont know why i bother with this site. I thou i would become a member cos it seemed like a nice forums. Wished i didnt bother now with the way people are being with every post ive put on here.
Don't go. You probably just picked the wrong time to post this thread. Don't take it so personally. It's nice to have a different topic to discuss for a change! Chin up!!!
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amb1)
Don't go. You probably just picked the wrong time to post this thread. Don't take it so personally. It's nice to have a different topic to discuss for a change! Chin up!!!
What you mean by the wrong time?
LH
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No one's been horrible, it just that as the thread title was quite ambiguous some members may not have realised what the thread was about.
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What you mean by the wrong time?
The members that are logged in now are different to the mambers that log on later in the day/at night. They might agree with you??
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Plus it's coming up to exam time and everyone is a bit stressed and snipey atm....
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amb1)
The members that are logged in now are different to the mambers that log on later in the day/at night. They might agree with you??
i didnt realise that. Well i noticed the title has been changed now so it maybe easier for people to know what it is.
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i didnt realise that. Well i noticed the title has been changed now so it maybe easier for people to know what it is.
yeah.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (497)
91.19%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (48)
8.81%

Watched Threads