The Student Room Group

Alcohol in Reading/Leeds festival

I'm going to Reading/Leeds festival 2015, and i'm 17, what are my chances of getting alcohol on the premises? Also, tips about going etc?
Reply 1
If you are 17 but use someone elses ID you can buy alcohol there, although it may be expensive.

Otherwise, its simple to smuggle alcohol in, either get an 18 year old friend to take cans in for you (there's a quota of around 18-24 cans), or do the listerine bottle trick (put dyed vodka inside an empty listerine bottle)
your chances are pretty good to be fair
Reply 3
they dont really check in bags, put some cans in the bottom of ur bag and its super easy to get stuff into the campsite!
I've been for 3 years in a row and brought my own alcohol... they really do not check at the gates!

I'l be long gone 18 by the time of 2015 though :P so I guess I no longer have to worry about it anymore!
they don't care - mainly just checking for drugs
Reply 6
i was 17 in summer at leeds, and i walked in carrying beers with my friend who was 18 at the time and they didn't care, just make sure you don't have any glass bottles! they took our pasta sauce jars off us haha
Reply 7
My mate who was 17 took 2 crates into reading and no one said anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing like planning ahead for the summer, is there!!
Reply 9
HI!

BTW - If anyone would like to buy leeds fest tickets for 2015,just send me a message ^.^
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by chipmunk678
I'm going to Reading/Leeds festival 2015, and i'm 17, what are my chances of getting alcohol on the premises? Also, tips about going etc?

I dont know about reading because they're stricter, but I went to leeds and so long as you don't carry in ridiculous ammounts of alcohol per person (more than 2 obvious crates) you'll be fine, you can put anymore you have more in your bag :smile: - they only really search for drugs or if you look ridiculously underage and have like 4 crates for yourself :tongue: hahaaa

Just make sure you dont have ANY glass bottles, just pour things into water bottles or bigger coke/lemonade bottles. Also, my friend had an awesome idea of bringing a 5+ litre water container (empty at first) so that we could refill it every other day and share it between our group, so we dont have to walk all the way to the water pumps everytime we needed water :tongue:

(Btw you could always ask an over 18 year old whos camped near you - everyones really nice! although a can of beer or cider at leeds is £2 so its pretty steep :tongue: )
(edited 9 years ago)
I would also like tips as I’m 17 going this year
Reply 12
Yer trust. I have a fake but wondering whether i just try hide my bevs or risk the ID?

Quick Reply

Latest