The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmenahJama
Yes I did. But staying engaged would still consist of couple activities such as going out to eat, holidays etc. That's what I was referring too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But they're things people do with family and friends anyway, don't think it'd be more expensive than that
Reply 141
I have an older sister >:-D
Original post by Anonymous
Shooooo!

You silly child youre ruining your chance to get hitched :tongue:

I wish I was... I miss my jaan boohoohoohoo. See youve made me cry on my wedding day :facepalm: get lost kuthi.

LOL you talk like me :lol:

But like wha you on about? didn't read previous posts :tongue:
i remember posting here last week or abit before saying i'll think about marriage in 3rd year but HELL NO. I dont want to think about marriage until i've ATLEAST graduated (22). I want to discover who I am and improve my relationship with Allah first :smile: i want to improve my confidence and work on ME inshallah :biggrin:
Reply 144
Man wants to get married between 25-30 but before that man needs to be more confident. Man is too shy.
Original post by Badshah
Man wants to get married between 25-30 but before that man needs to be more confident. Man is too shy.

Mans probably has cousins back home waiting to marry you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 146
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
Mans probably has cousins back home waiting to marry you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah man don't like his cousins.
Original post by Badshah
Nah man don't like his cousins.

But your cousins like you 😏 they like the idea of coming to England even more 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmenahJama
I would think around 30 or early 30s, I would love to achieve a Degree, Masters and PH.d. God-willing... I would love to start a family 35+

- Muslim Female

Are you Somali lol? Its cos of your surname!I want to ask you something
Reply 149
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
But your cousins like you they like the idea of coming to England even more

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't care
looooooooooooool
... So you're going to go out with the guy without your parents/his knowing?

Some girls do marry behind their parents backs. This is my case right now. What we did was to face my parents and his the day after we did our "nikah" in the mosque. My parents were agreeing (im a girl btw) but his wasn't. They have the traditional way of thinking that the girl should come from Pakistan because she is like more suitable for boys in the Western world to get married to. But my boyfriend at the time told me that he would not let his parents decide who he is going to be with. When his parents found out that he did this, they were absolutely shocked. But eventually agreed. I am 19 and he is 20. I am doing my A levels (I took a gap year after GCSE and went to Pakistan) and he is in medical.

My parents were trying to ask me if I want to marry someone else because of all the issues we have faced with his parents, but I promised my parents that my boyfriend (at the time) would take my side and eventually marry me. That is what happened. Things do get better. This is not haram at all to marry behind parents back if the case is so severe that both sides or just boy's side is denying. In the end of the day, the couple are both Muslims and don't want to commit any further sins (relationships are sins especially if your parents don't know). I had been with the guy for 6 years since primary school (year 7) and decided that this was the best to do. May Allah be with you guys who are struggling to take your relationship further and making it halal is the best way forward. PS. Me and my husband now went through a lot of **** to make this love relationship marriage thing work. If you are going to try, then be prepared for a disaster in the beginning which slowly gets fixed with time :wink:
Original post by Jstanothagirl16
Hmm not really for me, I'm Pakistani and most ppl in my culture typically get engaged at this age and married in a few years, my friend who's 19 recently got married and she'd been engaged for a while

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg! That is really young!!! My parents prefer me to get an education first just because all my cousins are doctors, dentists, engineers etc. before they eventually turn to me and ask me if I would like to get married :biggrin:
LOL! I have a lot of freedom in this world though. A bit too much I would say compared to other girls. (Maybe?)
Original post by Badshah
I don't care

Lmfao. Most parents in the Pakistani culture are trying to avoid marrying off to cousins (I think). All these diseases and biological chances of abnormalities have increased just because people get married to cousins. Omg. I am completely against cousin marriages and distance marriages. Even if its someone in your family, I disagree. No point of arguing about such when it's not even gonna happen Lol! If you wanna do love marriage, you are free to do this! Or do whatever you like for Allah's sake. :smile:
Reply 154
Isn't 23 regarded late? I mean if you START thinking about marriage at that age then you'd be 25 when you're married (or around that age).

Haha really? Well I'm 23 and not married. Is there any hope?!! Hahaha
I'm 15 years old and I think of marriage most of the time (cant watch). And i Think I Would prefere an arranged marriage because then you only get to know eachother whereas if you knew the person before hand it would be so boring because you already know everything about eachother. Dont get me wrong I have absolutely nothing against love marriages. All of my family and friends, well most of them, got married to someone they fell inlove with. This is just my own opinion
I'm 17 and want to start looking for a spouse now. I plan to get married at 18. I'm currently going into my first year of university.
This is years ago but i will still answer. When i am completely happy with myself, when i'm ready and i feel like i can take care of another human being.
Ummm not really?? I'm 22 and haven't even started thinking of marriage. After my degree I want to work abroad for a couple of years. And no I don't look for 'potentials' at uni/school since my uni is 99% white English non-Muslims. we're not all basic bushras, constantly on the look out. I have better and More important things to do like concentrate on my education and career first. Finding a husband is not my priority rn
Looooool at all these 17 yr olds ready to be engaged and married 😬

Latest

Trending

Trending