MUSLIM GIRLS: At what age do you start thinking about marriage?

Watch
Anonymous #19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ribbit1234)
Looooool at all these 17 yr olds ready to be engaged and married 😬
so wats ur problem? not all of them are money hungry like you
Ribbit1234
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So wanting to build a good stable career for myself and my future and concentrating on my education makes me 'money hungry' LOL k then
SummayahMaryam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So wanting to build a good stable career for myself and my future and concentrating on my education makes me 'money hungry' LOL k then
You don't have to finish your education and establish a career to be ready for marriage. Some of the best relationships and marriages are produced when the couple is able to go through that struggle together.
Ribbit1234
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fair point, well made. But it depends on what kind of a person you are as well, personally, my course is really intense and I would not be able to take on marital responsibilities on top of it. I wouldn't want my education putting a strain on my relationship. Also, I'm just not ready to commit to another person and have them by me and live with me etc the thought of it alone gives me anxiety and stress
(Original post by SummayahMaryam)
You don't have to finish your education and establish a career to be ready for marriage. Some of the best relationships and marriages are produced when the couple is able to go through that struggle together.
SummayahMaryam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fair point, well made. But it depends on what kind of a person you are as well, personally, my course is really intense and I would not be able to take on marital responsibilities on top of it. I wouldn't want my education putting a strain on my relationship. Also, I'm just not ready to commit to another person and have them by me and live with me etc the thought of it alone gives me anxiety and stress
I respect that. I think I can reasonably say that I'm pretty neutral on the subject of young marriage. It really does depend on the person. It just bugs me when we have people come up to the young men and women who wish to get married at the start of or even right before university just to tell them that they shouldn't be doing it, that they're not ready or immature, that they don't know what they're doing... You get me, right? But really though, its a personal thing. And everyone has a God-given right to make that choice when they think its time
IsYouGottaKnow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Be honest please, I think (Muslim) girls think about marriage before boys do as for a lot of Muslim girls the last chance to find their own partner is school/uni and then after that if they've failed to do so their parents would get them an arrange marriage.
That may be culturally darling but it is not islamically so don't push this as a general consensus for people who are unaware of the religion. I am Muslim and when I get married and to whom I get married is up to me unless I willingly told my parents to search for suitable partners from which I could choose and then get to know (although the latter would never be my type of thing and it isn't something my family is into either)

So learn to distinguish cultural norms form religious norms, it's a tedious habit of many individuals that grinds away at me.
IsYouGottaKnow
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just because she wants to be educated and establish herself economically, educationally and financially first before she searches for a partner she is suddenly money hungry- lord, that makes so much sense ( sarcasm alert)
Mtm2003
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im 16, and i've already thought about marriage. I've let my parents know, and they're super happy, so will get married by 19/20 inshallah.
Muslimahh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're 23 now,did you find anyone
Muslimahh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
childofthesun you're 22 now did you find anyone
Last edited by Muslimahh; 1 year ago
username5252878
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Muslimahh)
childofthesun you're 22 now did you find anyone
This thread is 5 years old. I doubt you’ll get an answer.
Anonymous #20
Report 7 months ago
From 19 onwards. Early twenties are so difficult, desire is so strong but have to consider whether I want to explore life yet but settling down
Anonymous #21
Report 2 months ago
Be honest please, I think (Muslim) girls think about marriage before boys do as for a lot of Muslim girls the last chance to find their own partner is school/uni and then after that if they've failed to do so their parents would get them an arrange marriage.
i think every girl dreams about marriage, but when they acc start thinking about it srusly and look to start settling down, they're in early 20's.

my culture basically looks down on girls who arent married by 30, and I'd want a love marriage - idm arranged but i want a cheesy love story - so id probably start thinking about it in University
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Wow, so many muslim and relationships threads being bumped this morn.
Anonymous #21
Report 2 months ago
lol yeah. I replied to like 10 today XD
Anonymous #22
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by rkhan57)
I got married at 17, me and my husband met in school and we thought why not. We have been married 3 years nearly. Ma sh Allah
mashallah are you guys still together your 23
Anonymous #22
Report 2 months ago
I'm as young as 16 (turned 16 at the END of August 😂) and quite rarely ponder on the topic of marriage. Nevertheless I do wonder what it is like to be married in a healthy muslim and Islamic way.
your 22
Anonymous #22
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Mtm2003)
Im 16, and i've already thought about marriage. I've let my parents know, and they're super happy, so will get married by 19/20 inshallah.
your 18 one more year left
Anonymous #23
Report 2 months ago
Ngl I think it’s stupid to even think abt marriage before going into ur second yr of uni... as if either person has enough maturity :rolleyes:
Anonymous #22
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by StyleIcon)
18! Now I'm 19! Idk I think it would be good to settle down and have a family!
your not 19 your 25 mashallahhh so did you setttle down
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.87%
Uncertainty around my education (80)
11.44%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (74)
10.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (90)
12.88%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (38)
5.44%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (40)
5.72%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (75)
10.73%
Financial worries (43)
6.15%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.43%
Exposure to negative news/social media (42)
6.01%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (23)
3.29%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (67)
9.59%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (55)
7.87%

Watched Threads