The Student Room Group

I'm a virgin who turned down an easy lay last night

Its a bit of a read guys , sorry for the rambling .

Last night I was in the smoking area of a club in London having a brilliant chat with some people I met that night ( btw if a certain edinburgh student or her boyfriend from manchester are on this site for whatever reason , do let me know ! your cool ) .

I saw this really hot girl walk by and I called her over to have a chat , we start talking about random stuff for a good half an hour before the chat dissolved into talks about relationships , myself never having had any had little to say but she broke up with an ex who cheated on her with her best friend not too long ago , since then she's had a string of ONSs . As we cuddled I told her she was more then enough and deserved so much better , after sobbing on my shoulder for a good ten minutes she told me I was lovely and we started making out (it was amazing ) , she wanted to go all the way but I realized that having meaningless sex with an emotionally vunerable girl would be taking advantage and would not do anything for me . She didn't take it too well and was sad but I told her it was just me .

Anyway I take her inside to dance a bit for a while and she introduces me to her friends who are incredibly bitchy and try pulling her away from me , assuming i'm just a thirsty dude trying to get laid ( quite ironic given I just rejected her advances ) , this reallly pissed me off . I was dancing with her for a while and she kept on trying to get physical with me but I just wanted to take things slow , I went away for a bit to get a drink and come back to find her snogging another guys face off ?

So yeah , on the one hand I think I dodged a bullet because this girls got issues but I couldn't get her out of my head all day ? She texted me her number but I havent had my phone for a week now because its off for repairs but I might text her tommorow just saying im glad to have met you and I hope you learn to love yourself but maybe I should just get over her .

Its crazy because there have been times when i've wanted nothing more then to just get physical with a attractive girl and get my virginity out of the way but actually being in the situation made me feel like having a ONS is just soulless and not in my character at all.

Thoughts ?

Scroll to see replies

awww. i'm glad you pulled her away she was obviously in a vulnerable position and it wouldn't have been right of you to have taken advantage of that
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
If you feel like saving yourself for someone special then by all means keep waiting. But if you don't want that to be an awkward experience then I would go for the shag next time if I were you.
Obviously still a fresher. #fresherproblems
Reply 4
Original post by Safiya122
awww. i'm glad you pulled her away she was obviously in a vulnerable position and it wouldn't have been right of you to have taken advantage of that

I did think that myself , I'm not a whiteknight or anything but going throught with it would be selfish and quite cruel .

Original post by death gazer
Obviously still a fresher. #fresherproblems

I'm actually on a gap year but cool

Original post by Evening
If you feel like saving yourself for someone special then by all means keep waiting. But if you don't want that to be an awkward experience then I would go for the shag next time if I were you.

I think this experience has just affirmed my belief that sex is more then just a physical thing , when I think about it im quite a emotional guy and I don't think I could just cut my emotion off .
People always describe one night stands as "meaningless sex". But why does it always have to be meaningless? You sound like you connected with her and liked each other, does that not mean anything?
Original post by Dr Pesto
People always describe one night stands as "meaningless sex". But why does it always have to be meaningless? You sound like you connected with her and liked each other, does that not mean anything?

Exactly your dick would be moving in and out inside her :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I did think that myself , I'm not a whiteknight or anything but going throught with it would be selfish and quite cruel .

I'm actually on a gap year but cool

I think this experience has just affirmed my belief that sex is more then just a physical thing , when I think about it im quite a emotional guy and I don't think I could just cut my emotion off .

Explains a lot then...
Reply 8
Original post by Dr Pesto

I guess its just because you haven't really gotten to that stage of closeness and familarity that really secures friendships/relationships , where you like eachother so much and know each other inside out .

I kind of see ONS as just using someones body for your own means , you don't know eachother well enough to love each other.
Who the **** says "lay"?
You made a chivalrous decision, well done :h:
Original post by Maid Marian
You made a chivalrous decision, well done :h:

Funnily enough the conversation started with us talking about whether nice guys finish last or not .

I'm just wondering guys , do you think it would be stupid of me to text her ? She probably wont remember me and the fact that she got with another guy within 2 minutes of me leaving her suggests she was just using me as a shoulder to cry on ...:redface:
That's cool, I've been called a t**t in the past for saying this but I'll say it anyway, you should wait for that special person to come along, make it meaning full and not something you will regret. I admire you for not taking advantage of her.

Best of luck in the future :smile:
I went away for a bit to get a drink and come back to find her snogging another guys face off ?

This my friend is how the world works. Be as righteous and good moralled as you want but it means nothing. Your amazing show of discipline and thoughtfulness will not be rewarded, and will not be listened to.

This girl was not looking for a pep talk, or life advice, or a nice guy. She was looking for someone to keep her mind off things, nothing more nothing less.

I learned that you can help people (in this case women) as much as you like and make them better people, but it will come to nothing as they all have their own agenda.

A quote I like to remember is "you know there are things that won't be rewarded for the effort..."
(edited 9 years ago)

you are also a virgin
Original post by Metropolis
This my friend is how the world works. Be as righteous and good moralled as you want but it means nothing. Your amazing show of discipline and thoughtfulness will not be rewarded, and will not be listened to.

This girl was not looking for a pep talk, or life advice, or a nice guy. She was looking for someone to keep her mind off things, nothing more nothing less.

I learned that you can help people (in this case women) as much as you like and make them better people, but it will come to nothing as they all have their own agenda.

A quote I like to remember is "you know there are things that won't be rewarded for the effort..."

Thats actually so true and its probably why I don't do too well with girls , but I don't think I could ever change myself , i'm just going to have to keeping holding out for someone .

True about being a virgin too , but loads of people loose their virginity in a one night stand anyway , I don't really care about loosing it as such but if it was with someone who meant something to me it would be nice.

she wanted to go all the way but I realized that having meaningless sex with an emotionally vunerable girl would be taking advantage and would not do anything for me . She didn't take it too well and was sad but I told her it was just me .

You ought to be proud, that's a decent & very mature thing to do. Honestly, the world could do with more people with that attitude.

Anyway I take her inside to dance a bit for a while and she introduces me to her friends who are incredibly bitchy and try pulling her away from me , assuming i'm just a thirsty dude trying to get laid ( quite ironic given I just rejected her advances ) , this reallly pissed me off .

Girls do that, quite often out of jealousy that their friends are getting some/have found someone who likes them and they aren't.

I was dancing with her for a while and she kept on trying to get physical with me but I just wanted to take things slow , I went away for a bit to get a drink and come back to find her snogging another guys face off ?

So yeah , on the one hand I think I dodged a bullet because this girls got issues but I couldn't get her out of my head all day ? She texted me her number but I havent had my phone for a week now because its off for repairs but I might text her tommorow just saying im glad to have met you and I hope you learn to love yourself but maybe I should just get over her

Sounds like she's insecure and seeking validation to me.

Its crazy because there have been times when i've wanted nothing more then to just get physical with a attractive girl and get my virginity out of the way but actually being in the situation made me feel like having a ONS is just soulless and not in my character at all.

Nothing wrong with that view at all. More people than you think will share that view, they just won't admit it. For what it's worth, I think you sound like a decent guy with the right attitude :smile:
True about being a virgin too , but loads of people loose their virginity in a one night stand anyway , I don't really care about loosing it as such but if it was with someone who meant something to me it would be nice.

the point i was trying to get across wasn't to much the virginity aspect, but more like - once you've been with and experienced a bunch of different girls your view of girls/the world will be a lot different (for better or for worse - is up to you)

virginity isn't important, experiences are (and all you missed out on was an experience, not a virginity killer)
That was a positive decision you created OP.
You prohibited further advancements of the stages of coitus because you did not want to wreck a emotionally vulnerable girl who is, currently and unfortunately, facing issues which are affecting her decisions.
Well done OP.
I guess its just because you haven't really gotten to that stage of closeness and familarity that really secures friendships/relationships , where you like eachother so much and know each other inside out .

I kind of see ONS as just using someones body for your own means , you don't know eachother well enough to love each other.

You don't have to love each other to have good sex (although obviously it makes it easier)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending