Resolution 2014/11: Response to attacks in Nairobi Watch

Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Resolution 2014/11
Proposed by: New Zealand

Response to attacks in NairobiDeeply concerned by the execution of 28 innocent Christians travelling on a bus to Nairobi for Christmas. The Al-Shebab Islamic extremists need to be brought to justice.
Welcoming international political, military and aiding action in the most vulnerable African countries.
Fully believing the only way to halt the spread of extremism through Africa is not to sit on the fence giving a little bit of aid of providing a few arms to other extremist groups, but to conduct colonisation by consent forcing an industrial revolution, forcing political change, forcing extremist groups out of the country.

1. Asks the international community to contribute as much resources as possible. This will only work with help from across the globe.
2. Expresses its hope extremism will be crushed.

3. Notes that this strategy is not a military invasion of the countries with aim to control, but working with the national government to send our own military to help provide greater security along borders, in towns, and in cities. To strengthen the power of already established political institutions in standing up to extremism and incorporating the countries into the Western way of life. The operation will be similar to the British military intervention in Sierra Leone in 2001.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Netherlands believes this is a lose, lose situation. Either we intervene and get into a never ending war of martyrdom or we don't and had control of contries to extremist groups. A reworking of Islam from within is a more desireable solution.
Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"Colonisation by consent". Having history as a colony, the Uruguayan people are appalled by this statement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.64%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.21%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (94)
14.71%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (192)
30.05%

Watched Threads