The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Writting PS for Information Management for Business, and Mathematics and economics

Hi,
I live in Paris and am not very familiar with how to write the PS. From what I understand, I can only write one Personal Statement for every course I choose.
IMB being a unique course, I chose this one and Mathematics and Economics for my four other choices.
I am now stuck in my PS because I have to tell that mathematics are important even though there is no maths in IMB, and i also have to talk about IT, but there isn't any IT and mathematics and economics.
Is it okay to do so or should I find another solution?
Reply 1
As the course is unique, the uni knows you are applying for other courses elsewhere. Therefore, they won't be quite as fussy if you talk about "irrelevant" topics. However, you do seem to taking a slightly incorrect approach; you shouldn't be talking about why maths is important, but more why you want to study it. You could talk about more practical aspects - there is a lot of maths in business, for example.

I'm also concerned as to whether you have understood the IBM course. Personally, I wouldn't say that the most similar course at other unis is "mathematics and economics", It's fine if you genuinely want to study both degrees, but if you think they're going to have similar content I would disagree.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending