The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
iiikewldude
what college? i'm going to collingwood. I'd say there's some pretty fit birds there, some of them are total drunken whores too.

Yes mate. im collingwood aswell. there is some serious talent there, im lookin forward to getting stuck in.
Reply 41
If you want to meet girls you should join your uni Nightline - we are always after more male volunteers! :biggrin:
Reply 42
iiikewldude
what college? i'm going to collingwood. I'd say there's some pretty fit birds there, some of them are total drunken whores too.

total drunken whores...sounds good
im gona do aerospace eng or motorsport eng im gonna live in hall but im sooooo woried im nt gona make friends
Reply 44
I do pharmacy, and don't go clubbing or drinking. I've met some very good friends around uni and at lectures, and get on with most I've met. I've got friends with the people in my footie team too.
Reply 45
alocin
If you want to meet girls you should join your uni Nightline - we are always after more male volunteers! :biggrin:

Its not the meeting girls bit - if youve got some decent mates who are interested in things other than general relativity then its fine..
Reply 46
iiikewldude
i've serioulsy considered doing a degree in computer science or physics in the past.

One of the reasons i chose to go for something else (law) was the horrendus social life either of those degrees might entail. Admitadly alot of the potential law students i have seen at open days have been either nerds or success driven arseholes but atleast there will be some girls :wink:

i would disagree. lawyers (over here anyway) are the ones who spend their whole nights in the library writing essays, while the scientists have their evenings free.
Reply 47
imasillynarb
but is this actually a common occurance?!?

Definitely. I think most people make friends primarily with the people in their accomodation. I frequently leave my door open, whether I'm in my room or somewhere else in the block, and I'm renting a house next year with 2 girls on my corridor.
So:
1) On my corridor
2) On my course
3) Societies, etc.

You're coming to York, aren't you? I haven't met many people who are really annoying. There are people with definite quirks (sword collecting, unicycling... :rolleyes: ), but not in a bad way.
andy_b
Yes mate. im collingwood aswell. there is some serious talent there, im lookin forward to getting stuck in.

cool, i might have seen u at the open day then. I remember i met one guy who was going to do maths and computer science, he was fairly sound and they wanted AAA from him for it :eek:

Collingwood college is definitely the dogs bollocks. It doesn't have the prestige and oldness of Castle or Hatfield, but then again its not packed full of posh pricks who would drive you insane.
Reply 49
++Hex++
Definitely. I think most people make friends primarily with the people in their accomodation. I frequently leave my door open, whether I'm in my room or somewhere else in the block, and I'm renting a house next year with 2 girls on my corridor.
So:
1) On my corridor
2) On my course
3) Societies, etc.

You're coming to York, aren't you? I haven't met many people who are really annoying. There are people with definite quirks (sword collecting, unicycling... :rolleyes: ), but not in a bad way.

What college are you in again? If I got stuck on an all male floor at York I would actually cry - that would easily be my worst nightmare.
elpaw
i would disagree. lawyers (over here anyway) are the ones who spend their whole nights in the library writing essays, while the scientists have their evenings free.

with law u do ur work to your own timetable. That means some will work all evening, i intend not to.

what i meant is scientists have a reputation for being male and nerds. Then again some really cool people do science subjects. For example me - i do maths and physics at a level :biggrin:
Reply 51
iiikewldude
cool, i might have seen u at the open day then. I remember i met one guy who was going to do maths and computer science, he was fairly sound and they wanted AAA from him for it :eek:

Collingwood college is definitely the dogs bollocks. It doesn't have the prestige and oldness of Castle or Hatfield, but then again its not packed full of posh pricks who would drive you insane.

i only need BBB. collingwood is the best, people just seem more chilled out there. prestige is not much of a factor, when it comes down to it the calibre of people is the most important factor. i dont want to spend time hanging around with posh twats going on about how daddy bought them a bentley all day.
imasillynarb
What college are you in again? If I got stuck on an all male floor at York I would actually cry - that would easily be my worst nightmare.

yeah that would be properly shit. I think on a physics course you'll be fine as long as u get accomodation with some tidy birds :wink:.

If i were you and got put in all male accomodation i would move out.
Reply 53
Here it's definately science students who do all the work. I do Law and I can advise that for meeting girls as well, for the guys stuck in pretty much all-male subjects. In my seminar group there is only one guy to seven girls and females are very much the majority.
Reply 54
imasillynarb

Goodricke. Luckily not C block (Cell Block). I don't think you would get stuck, my floor is almost totally girls. We're on the top floor of the block. The bottom floor is almost, if not totally male - I heard that they tend to put guys on the lower floors for security reasons, but I'm not sure how definite a rule that is.

Edit: It would be funny if you got my room... :biggrin:
andy_b
i only need BBB. collingwood is the best, people just seem more chilled out there. prestige is not much of a factor, when it comes down to it the calibre of people is the most important factor. i dont want to spend time hanging around with posh twats going on about how daddy bought them a bentley all day.

yeah good accomodation too. Unfortunately the law course is full of 'posh twats'
Reply 56
alocin
Here it's definately science students who do all the work. I do Law and I can advise that for meeting girls as well, for the guys stuck in pretty much all-male subjects. In my seminar group there is only one guy to seven girls and females are very much the majority.

that doesnt make sense to me. what can you advise to people in all-male subjects ??
Reply 57
++Hex++
Goodricke. Luckily not C block (Cell Block). I don't think you would get stuck, my floor is almost totally girls. We're on the top floor of the block. The bottom floor is almost, if not totally male - I heard that they tend to put guys on the lower floors for security reasons, but I'm not sure how definite a rule that is.

Yeh they do, hahaha, something about potential rapists etc being able to break into the windows on the ground floor or something. I thought it was being a tad over protective personally...is goodricke any good? How many floors are there in your goodricke block? I was thinking of applying to like the shit colleges...(Goodricke Vanbrugh and that other one) as theyre bigger arent they?
Reply 58
andy_b
that doesnt make sense to me. what can you advise to people in all-male subjects ??

Umm... okay my typing wasn't following my thought processes there! How about advising them to hang around near the Law Library?
Reply 59
alocin
Umm... okay my typing wasn't following my thought processes there! How about advising them to hang around near the Law Library?

is the law library a hot spot for chicks then would you say >>?

Latest

Trending

Trending