GCSE ICT mock exam help please!Watch
I have been told to make some notes on a Scenario sheet I have been given about two weeks before my mock exam. The Preparation guidelines on the sheet are as follows:
'To prepare for the examination you should research the use of ICT by online retailers and delivery organisations. Your research should include:
- how customer information is entered onto websites using forms
- how customer information is stored and sued by organisations like Portland Games
- the legal, moral and ethical implications for organisations like Portland Games of storing customer data and acting as a host for social networking activities
- a range of automated data capture technologies that delivery organisations can use to track the location of packages, delivery vans and delivery drivers
- how data can be transferred using wired and wireless methods and the security that is required to protect these methods
- methods that colleagues working in different geographical locations could use to help them communicate and collaborate on projects'
(Portland Games is a scenario given to me: company selling hardware and software for computer games.)
Can anyone help me with what this all means? For bullet point 6, I was thinking collaborative working, Google Docs, etc.?
Bullet point 3: what would the legal, moral and ethical implications of the company storing customer data for a online gaming forum, where 'customers create an online profile and connect with other members of the community' be?
I am doing OCR Cambridge Nationals ICT.
While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?
We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.
If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.
Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
I need help!