GCSE ICT mock exam help please! Watch

londoncricket
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all,

I have been told to make some notes on a Scenario sheet I have been given about two weeks before my mock exam. The Preparation guidelines on the sheet are as follows:

'To prepare for the examination you should research the use of ICT by online retailers and delivery organisations. Your research should include:

• how customer information is entered onto websites using forms
  • how customer information is stored and sued by organisations like Portland Games
  • the legal, moral and ethical implications for organisations like Portland Games of storing customer data and acting as a host for social networking activities
  • a range of automated data capture technologies that delivery organisations can use to track the location of packages, delivery vans and delivery drivers
  • how data can be transferred using wired and wireless methods and the security that is required to protect these methods
  • methods that colleagues working in different geographical locations could use to help them communicate and collaborate on projects'

(Portland Games is a scenario given to me: company selling hardware and software for computer games.)

Can anyone help me with what this all means? For bullet point 6, I was thinking collaborative working, Google Docs, etc.?

Bullet point 3: what would the legal, moral and ethical implications of the company storing customer data for a online gaming forum, where 'customers create an online profile and connect with other members of the community' be?

I am doing OCR Cambridge Nationals ICT.

Thank you!
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
edawg2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i'm doing this too i am stuck on bullet point 3 at the moment!
londoncricket
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by edawg2000)

Ah I did my exam before the Christmas break.
JB‏
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by edawg2000)
Look up the Data Protection Act and Computer Misuse Act. If you do enough research and revision on these topics and relate your findings back to the scenario in question, you should be fine.
princessmuneeba1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am doing a mock on this
I need help!
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (256)
32.24%
The paper was reasonable (388)
48.87%
Not feeling great about that exam... (89)
11.21%
It was TERRIBLE (61)
7.68%

Watched Threads