The Student Room Group

Thinking of Nepal

Hi,

Sorry if there is a sticky or some-such for this kind of thing but I failed to notice it if there was.

Anyway, being a cliche undergrad I was thinking of Inter-railing next year with friends, but then I started thinking of something further afield - Nepal. I have only just started looking into it but was really just putting this post up for general ideas/ anecdotes/ advice etc. on the idea of backpacking around Nepal - probably for a maximum of two weeks. http://www.himalayanrides.com/ essentially was what made me quite curious about Nepal.

Sorry if that was not very clear - Medicine and Rowing as dulled the mind a tad.

Muppet Science
Reply 1
Original post by Muppet Science
Hi,

Sorry if there is a sticky or some-such for this kind of thing but I failed to notice it if there was.

Anyway, being a cliche undergrad I was thinking of Inter-railing next year with friends, but then I started thinking of something further afield - Nepal. I have only just started looking into it but was really just putting this post up for general ideas/ anecdotes/ advice etc. on the idea of backpacking around Nepal - probably for a maximum of two weeks. http://www.himalayanrides.com/ essentially was what made me quite curious about Nepal.

Sorry if that was not very clear - Medicine and Rowing as dulled the mind a tad.

Muppet Science

I've never been to Nepal myself - but please give me a shout if you need any advice on backpacking etc. I've just got back from 4 months around the world, so might be able to help you with a few things :smile:

When are you thinking of going?

Hopefully if this thread is bumped a little, you'll get a more helpful response :biggrin:
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
I've never been to Nepal myself - but please give me a shout if you need any advice on backpacking etc. I've just got back from 4 months around the world, so might be able to help you with a few things :smile:

When are you thinking of going?

Hopefully if this thread is bumped a little, you'll get a more helpful response :biggrin:

Thanks, a friend and I were thinking sometime in the summer - probably August.

Any general advice would be much appreciated, it is the first time either of us would have done this sort of thing so we're really just flirting with the idea at the moment. :smile:
Reply 3
2 months might be closer to the mark, especially if you want to got up any of the iconic trekking routes.

It'll take a couple of days to get over the culture shock in touristy Thamel, which leaves you about ten days...which is, frankly, nothing. Bear in mind it takes a day to get anywhere in the 3rd world. Go somewhere closer to home if you have a fortnight. Eastern Europe? Or somewhere you can smash in 2 weeks of frenzied travel - Japan perhaps?
Original post by Muppet Science
Hi,

I think Nepal is a best choice for you. You should go there and enjoy its famous and beautiful places. If you are adventure lover then it is an ideal destination. Famous Himalayas are also located in this country. It is also well known all over the world due to its temples.
Play Far Cry 4 and you'll get a great impression of what it's like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZSHNZ
Play Far Cry 4 and you'll get a great impression of what it's like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Presumably I should definitely get comprehensive travel insurance then

Quick Reply

Latest