The Student Room Group

Has the pill broken women?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by geoking
There's far better avenues of research that look at turning of genes in the testes to prevent sperm production rather than changing hormone levels. NHS website isn't going to contain cutting edge information :wink:

Why on earth would I possibly think to go to the NHS for medicine advice :holmes:.

And why would I take some advice from some bloke who gets disgruntled by the promiscuity of modern women over the NHS? :beard:
Reply 41
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Why on earth would I possibly think to go to the NHS for medicine advice :holmes:.

And why would I take some advice from some bloke who gets disgruntled by the promiscuity of modern women over the NHS? :beard:

Women aren't meant to be promiscuous. Doing something unnatural ain't healthy, and hey, it's been proven that more partners = higher chance of being depressed. Why is no one talking about this but pretending its not happening?
To be honest I would be worried about hormone change and stuff. If I was a womanz that would be on my mind if I was on the pill.

We womminz have the non-hormonal coil :cool:

Lasts for 10 years, reversible at any time, no hormonal changes.

But yeah, I understand.
Original post by geoking
Women aren't meant to be promiscuous. Doing something unnatural ain't healthy

And why, pray tell, are women not allowed to sleep with whoever they wish in the way that men apparently can?

Seriously, I've never understood people like you.
Reply 44
Original post by Катя
And why, pray tell, are women not allowed to sleep with whoever they wish in the way that men apparently can?

Seriously, I've never understood people like you.

Who said men can? Odd assumption you have. But look up oxytocin.

Well I understand people like you - angry and insecure so you ignore reality and jump on the misandrist bandwagon.
Original post by geoking
Who said men can? Odd assumption you have. But look up oxytocin.

Well I understand people like you - angry and insecure so you ignore reality and jump on the misandrist bandwagon.

How am I 'angry', 'insecure', and 'jumping on the misandrist bandwagon' by pointing out that obsession with female fidelity is ****ing weird?
Original post by geoking
Women aren't meant to be promiscuous.

I'm sure that's part of the appeal. The naughtier it is the more fun it is :colone:
Reply 47
Original post by Катя
How am I 'angry', 'insecure', and 'jumping on the misandrist bandwagon' by pointing out that obsession with female fidelity is ****ing weird?

Well men aren't taking the pill so this thread can't be about them. Outside of that when has my argument ever been solely about women?

What's weird is your assumption that it's just about women. That is what makes you insecure because you're creating a sexist agenda where there is none.

I'm sure that's part of the appeal. The naughtier it is the more fun it is :colone:

And by the same logic, that's why 15 year olds smoke and get drunk, y'know, the really chavvy ones.

So all you've said is that if sleeping around appeals to you, you're immature. Yep, I agree.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by geoking

And by the same logic, that's why 15 year olds smoke and get drunk, y'know, the really chavvy ones.

So all you've said is that if sleeping around appeals to you, you're immature. Yep, I agree.

But you are clearly stuck in the past. Who cares what you think? That is the question.
Reply 49
But you are clearly stuck in the past. Who cares what you think? That is the question.

Yes because the past is why promiscuity is linked to many mental health conditions such as depression and BPD, and clearly only in the past did oxytocin exist.

You are little more than a bigot arguing a point you don't understand. So are the ways of liberals. Argue for everyone's freedom to do everything without ever looking at the personal or social cost of anything.
Original post by Катя

I heard that it was considered "unethical" to test it on males, though, because it gave them headaches / made them more emotionally volatile / caused severe stomachaches or something along those lines.

Might have been crap tbh but it's kind of charming nonetheless. Welcome to the plight of teh femalez :cool:

Doesn't the female pill reduce these symptoms, rather than induce them?

Doesn't sound the same, somehow...
Original post by geoking
Yes because the past is why promiscuity is linked to many mental health conditions such as depression and BPD, and clearly only in the past did oxytocin exist.

You are little more than a bigot arguing a point you don't understand. So are the ways of liberals. Argue for everyone's freedom to do everything without ever looking at the personal or social cost of anything.

How can I be both a bigot and a liberal?
Original post by TurboCretin
Doesn't the female pill reduce these symptoms, rather than induce them?

Doesn't sound the same, somehow...

It can cause them but they recommend you change Pill if it keeps occurring. Side effects are pretty much a lottery from woman to woman anyway.
Reply 53
How can I be both a bigot and a liberal?

Easy. You hold the liberal beliefs that people should be allowed to live their lives however they wish within the confines of the law, but you're not willing to hear anyone else's point of view, immediately dismissing them as wrong.
Reply 54
One look at the OP's "posted threads" list pretty much makes it obvious that they're just looking for attention, or out to find people who share the same fury about the "underclass", "slutty women", feminism, etc that they do, and wish we could all go back to the good old days when society was backward enough for their liking. You might want to try The Daily Express website, OP.
Reply 55
Original post by geoking
Whether you like it or not, a lot of young British women are showing signs of BPD. Why is that?

Hey, there's this new thing. It's called increased awareness and improved diagnosis techniques.

Also, since male sufferers of mental illness are stigmatised more than female sufferers, women are much more likely to see a doctor and get a diagnosis.
Original post by geoking
Easy. You hold the liberal beliefs that people should be allowed to live their lives however they wish within the confines of the law, but you're not willing to hear anyone else's point of view, immediately dismissing them as wrong.

Yes I am. I have listened to you. I am also allowed to say your view is stupid as you are in regards to my view. Not listening is not the same as not agreeing.
Tbh, I've started looking at the pill as more as a way to not have the pain of periods once a month. That's the reason why a few of my friends take it, not as a chance to be promiscious, these girls I know aren't like that. But im sure the other stuff helps
Reply 58
Original post by Blazar
Hey, there's this new thing. It's called increased awareness and improved diagnosis techniques.

Also, since male sufferers of mental illness are stigmatised more than female sufferers, women are much more likely to see a doctor and get a diagnosis.

Unfortunately that's answering a question that was never asked. I haven't said more women have been diagnosed with BPD, but why is it that so many are now showing signs of it? It doesn't make sense to say that such a large portion of the country has it when in the past it's only been linked to traumatic childhood experiences like sexual abuse, hence why my money is on the pill causing it.

Yes I am. I have listened to you. I am also allowed to say your view is stupid as you are in regards to my view. Not listening is not the same as not agreeing.

You listened and then instantly asserted that I was wrong without explaining how, presuming that your view is superior, which is precisely the actions of a bigot.

Original post by Soontobesuper
Tbh, I've started looking at the pill as more as a way to not have the pain of periods once a month. That's the reason why a few of my friends take it, not as a chance to be promiscious, these girls I know aren't like that. But im sure the other stuff helps

Oh I don't think people take it to allow them to be promiscuous, but I think it may simply be a side effect as the pill is known to have plenty of psychological side effects.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 59
And this is why psychology is done by professionals, rather than random guys on the internet who have noticed a similarity between a wild stereotype and a diagnosable disorder.

BPD is to being a bit impulsive what OCD is to liking things being clean. Making the jump from noticing a lot of women like drinking to claiming that they have a serious medically induced personality disorder is just downright retarded, you might as well say that "Marley and me" induces clinical depression because a lot of people seem sad after watching it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending