The Student Room Group

Girls please help- is she being flirty?...

...or is it just her personality?:

This girl is quite flirty with me. Stroking my hair, shoulder massage, high fives, punching, pinching my nose, sitting close to me with a lot of contact, resting her feet on me, calling me stuff like 'love', 'my dear', etc.

So after all that stuff, combined with some other stuff, I was under the impression that she liked me.

However:
Recently she's been flirting with another guy. She's a bit more playful and physical with him (like wrestling), and him vice versa.

All the time she's remained flirty with me though.
She doesn't seem to flirt with other guys, at least not on the same scale. So I suppose my question/s is:

1) Is this just her nature?
2) Does she like me, or him?
3) Maybe she's unsure herself and is deciding who she likes?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
All ofthe above thread ended.
Man up....what are you waiting around for?
If u like her, tell her if not ignore it or hint for her to stop
Reply 4
She is not flirting. It is normal behaviour
Reply 5
Original post by Sam Walters
Man up....what are you waiting around for?

Not in a massive rush to be honest. I'd like to take things slowly.
I'd rather get to know her better first.
Though obviously if the competition hits up, I'll speed up the process...
Reply 6
You are over analysing e v e r y t h i n g she does.
Like fam. You considered her high-fiving you as flirtatious?????????
Reply 7
Original post by Uw0tm8_

The way she does it.
Always looking for an exuse to do it, and often turns it into stroking my hand.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

Then you are going to lose out cos another guy will actually make a move on her.

Stop making excuses and if you like her then go for it and get to know her better, don't just wait around. If shes not interested then at least you know and can find another girl.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by az08
Then you are going to lose out cos another guy wont be as much of a pussy as you are and will actually make a move on her.

Stop making excuses and if you like her then go for it and get to know her better, dont just wait around. If shes not interested then at least you know and can find another girl.

I'm sorry, but your way is not the only way, and it 'worked' for the last two girls I've been with.
I'd rather get to know her a bit, then blindly go on a date with her and have some sort of short and meaningless fling.

I'll make a move on my own terms, when I feel it's right.
i knew two girls like this at my old schools; physical, seemingly flirtatious etc with about half a dozen boys each doing all the things you mentioned but nothing ever happened with one of them, I think some girls just like the attention even though they have no real intentions of ever getting serious
but i literally do everything you described with my close male friends, and in my head i mentally place them in the friend zone. "high fiving" "resting her foot on you" "calling you dear/love" yh Thats not what flirting is
Reply 12
Nope, pretty sure she hates you.
Original post by Lil08
Nope, pretty sure she hates you.

Cheers

It will be too late by then.

Just get on with it. Say it doesn't go anywhere...You're back where you are now. Worst case is you're no worse off. You have the potential for it to go well so why not give it a shot?

"Not in a massive rush to be honest" So you're not that bothered then? Yet you made a thread on this forum...?

Put your ego aside for a moment and go for what makes you happy.
Original post by Uw0tm8_

The "like fam" made me chuckle and the need for a new line you're truly a gangster.
Original post by Light_bulb
The "like fam" made me chuckle and the need for a new line you're truly a gangster.

As if my name didn't already give it away #ThatGangsterLife
As if my name didn't already give it away #ThatGangsterLife

You just replied anonymously to a post where I quoted your actual account the thuggish behaviour is too much teach me plez.
You're over analysing a bit OP, carry on talking to her and see where that gets you. Some girls (for whatever reason) are just like that, they're like that with everybody.
Reply 19
I'm sorry, but your way is not the only way, and it 'worked' for the last two girls I've been with.
I'd rather get to know her a bit, then blindly go on a date with her and have some sort of short and meaningless fling.

I'll make a move on my own terms, when I feel it's right.

So by going on a date with her, that means you are gonna have a meaningless fling?

You have a lot to learn and are clearly inexperienced, but sure do it your way, good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending