University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Huddersfield Uni?

Scroll to see replies

Anna-Mariax
1 WEEK TO GO - yay!!

Whay Hey!
It's gonna be great. Though I'm realising I can't bring everyone I want to over.
Was gonna bring my electric guitar and amp, but have settled for acoustic.
Gotta squeeze that tv in somehow tho.

Still haven't got my room number yet...
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 201
I think Im gonna have to cut down aswell. Grrrr. I havent had my room number either.
Reply 202
nope, no room number today either - only got that poxy medical letter (plus the usual junk from asda etc lol) :rolleyes:

how do you lot know when to go up as i thought it was based on room numbers?

ive still yet to pack nor sort out a student account, but im workless now so got a few days to do all those bits :smile: Anyone had their mups jabs and the likes?

Dom
xkiddyx
awwwww! thats sucky! how late after? u could blame traffic.....unless ur walking.....

We've got a new postman so he dont come till about 11 for some reason :-\ random! n i had 2 be at work for nine, its all gud tho cuz i didnt get ne thing in the post, otha than that doctors thing.
Reply 204
Ive got so much to do when I think about it. I need to sort out whether i need any more jabs. Hope not. im no where near finished packing either. pft, sux.
Reply 205
havnt spoken for ages.

But just to let you people know I emailed Storthes Hall about 2 weeks ago asking when we would find out they said sometime this week and that they would EMAIL your new address out to us all. Unless you dont have an email account then they write to you but god only knows when you will recieve it in the post.

Cant wait to move in. Although I know no-body doing the course Im doing (textile Design)

Louise
XX
Reply 206
I dont know anyone doin my course either (event management). hope they email us soon.
Reply 207
I guess that it will be when they go home. About 5.30 ish? Iv been up since 10 this morning and have been checking the internet every 20 minutes to find out if I know where Im living. There are a few blocks that I would prefer to live in but as long as its in storthes hall and there are only fitties around I dont care.
Reply 208
i don't have too much to do, been slowly doing it over the summer! hehe, just gotta sort out what im taking from my room....figure ill take my bass...i stopped playing about a year ago, time to learn again! stupid storthers hall.....im leaving at 5 in the morning sunday (at latest) ahhhhhh early mornings are bad!! :eek:
Reply 209
Good luck. Hope you have a room that you can arrive in the afternoon might make your journey a bit less rushed. I dont have that far to travel as its about 2 hours away. I dont really mind if I get there in the morning or afternoon suppose it gives more time to sort stuff out and get settled in if you get there in the morning. Any body have any ideas if anythings been organised to do things on sat/sun night?
don't think anythings organized tbh, cos its a settling in period where everyone has a wee cry cos their parents have left. But I recommend heading to the bar and meeting some people. I'm a bit pissed I don't arrive until monday. i'm gonna be super rushed to do the lot.
Reply 211
Yeah but at least you get there. And none of the real parties start until Monday. yeah right wee cry that the parents have left?? I doubt that some how. It will be the first time you can be your own real person. Unless you are not going to uni straight from school. Then Im sure you know whats going on. But most of us left school this year so it will be really good not to have to bother with Rents!!!!
Reply 212
Its a bit annoyin the whole emailin thing. Some people mite not check their emails coz they've had everythin else in the post. hmmm strange. I was hopin to move in on the saturday. oh well!
I bet we will get e-mailed like the day before we have to leave which is really anoying!
yeh its going to be great getting away from home - but i think im going to miss my rents and sisters, and dogs a bit! well its going to be strange being away from them and friends!!

Anna xxx
Reply 214
I had a party on Friday and had to say bye to my mates leaving for Hull which was a bit sad. I was wondering if anyone going to Hudds from outside the Hudds area actually knew anyone else going, because when people have asked me where im off to they are generally like "Huddersfield, where's that?" On my accomodation i put, Lively, Non smoking, Mixed, if anyone is in the same block as me ill have my door open and will be playing music. Until someone walks in and offers me their undying friendship. Ill probably be playing British Sea Power or Akira The Don if you do happen to walk past :yy:
Im from Nottingham and don't know anyone either - people say the same thing when i tell them im going to Huddersfield! i also asked for 'lively' 'non-smoking' and 'mixed' so i'll let everyone know my block and room number when i find out!!

Anna xxx
Reply 216
I get the same when i tell people im off to huddersfield - tbh, most people know roughly where it is, but for those that dont i just say near sheffield, leeds and manchester etc

yee, asked for the same rooms as you lot (lively, non-smoking <- dirty dirty habbit, and mixed <- obviously :wink: ) - btw, are they still do it odd numbers one day, even the next? or is everyone moving in on the same day?

but yes, my door will be open and a crate near it :wink: - what music will be playing will be another matter, probably the top gun soundtrack or some dance track :biggrin: lol
Reply 217
Top Gun sound track now you got my full attention!!!!! I asked for none smoking and have left the rest up for luck. Mind you I dont have a lot of it. My door of course will be wedged open in the hope of offering cups of Tea or coffee. I have had two letters full of equipment to buy for my course and letters about the first week (including a trip on the friday)!!!! but other than that and the doctors information Absolutly nothing. Here's to hoping we find out tommrow.

Louise
XX
Reply 218
its everyone on one day, the saturday...eg. odds in the morning evens in the aftenoon. Its got it all in the accomodation pack we recieved.

Not long to go now! Come on room number:biggrin:

Adam
Reply 219
Thats what I understood it to be as well Pringuk. Im glad you pointed out that they hadnt read it.

One week to go.... roll on 4 days........

Quick Reply