The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Huddersfield Uni?

Scroll to see replies

i didnt think there was one no info has been given about it!
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 321
Is every one ready? Just one more day at Home!!! YAY!!!! Im really looking foward to it. Im packed (except for shoes) it just needs to be put in the car now. Cant wait to meet you all.
how much is every1 taking?
Reply 323
going up on sunday so got a few days, but got loads of stuff still to do - had my jabs, hate needles :frown: still gotta get bag and shizzle lol

still thinking if i should take my suit though - i was confussed with that "hire suit" leaflet, yet there was nothing stating if there was a ball :confused:

Im far from packed either lol
Reply 324
im taking my dress, just incase, plus, might need it for other reasons! hehe. im going sunday too, well, maybe half way! lol. ahhhhhhhhhhh im nearly ready!
i might take a dress thats a really good idea. i cant wait not long now!!!
Reply 326
lol i think my suits are too big for me now - dont ask, shame, my hugo boss one made me look shexxxyyy hooo hum :frown:

I think im leaving things a bit too late.... nevermind :biggrin:
Reply 327
lol! its all good! i passed my test today, so my first real drive is to hudds lol. uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !
xxx
well done on passing the test!!!
Reply 329
Holy shizzle a ball with a suit requirement? First ive heard of this. Oh well sorry lads, but im gods gift in a suit :P j/k
Reply 330
what????!!! theres definately going to be a ball?? :confused:
Reply 331
tbh, IF there is a ball, i might hire a suit - would be a lot easier. Though can anyone comfirm if there is a freshers ball?
Reply 332
theres nothing about a ball anywhere so i'm guessing there isn't one, I do know theres a karaoke and quiz night thought...you could wear a suit to those if ye like :P

All packed waiting to set off 12:30 tomorrow, good luck all probs come back on the tread when t'internet is sorted in rooms!

Adam
Reply 333
I have lived in Huddersfield all my life, unfortunately i am moving down to Canterbury tomorrow so wont be back home until October, So just thought i would let you know about huddersfield. The town is quite small but shopping is good, its in close proximity to Meadowhall, WhiteRose centre and trafford centre aswell as Leeds & manchester, all are easily reached on the train services and bus routes.
Taxis use abdul huddersfield taxis they are the cheapest ones around £5 to get to town from storthes hall, although there are a few if ya cheeky enough will give you student discounts. Abduls is located opposite revolutions ( you'll find this easily enough as its by most of the bars and stuff!)
Nightlife, good enough depends what you are into, Tokyo bar seems to be quite popular at the minute, got an indie room downstairs, but plays oldschool too, bar in the middle dance/house stuff upstairs, Clubwise ethos/visage & livingstones. If youre looking for the gay scene Chads is the best place in huddersfield (bigging it up as i know all the djs) its a small place next to tescos, below the train station. but otherwise stick to manchester for this scene. You've got ya basic bars, cotton factory, lloyds,cherry tree. If ya wanting to go and have a quiet drink and watch the football match.rugby. or play pool go to warehouse best place for it :redface:
If ya wanting to expand ya nightlife go to Leeds, best place for dance/ metal nights out also the trains to and from huddersfield are very foten so thats good. Manchester is close enough but quite expensive. Wakefield is a good night out, Try going there on a monday though for student night, cheap beer etc and you avoid all the local kiddies trying to get into clubs on a saturday night (ashamedly i use to do this and got in when i was 13!!)

UCI cinemas are by the football grounds, easy enough to walk to from town, otherwise get the 301 bus service.

Transport: www.wymetro.com will tell you all bus and train timetables, just click on journey planner.
www.virtualhuddersfield.com gives a map and stuff of where things are in town!!
Think about investing in a buspass specifically for the uni, its worth getting it if you have no car and you are living at Storthes Hall and Ashenhurst :eek:

Also always ask for student discounts wherever ya go, youd be surprised where you will get them. Hair cuts etcetc always a bargain!!

Supermarkets- asda, 3 tescos and 2 sainsburys take ya pick, if you are a nightowl and want to go shopping at 3am go to asda open 24 hours, I worked at Tesco for 2 years so its always a good bargain!!wilkinsons too!

Apart from that enjoy yourselves!!! Us local people are all friendly, promise you that. if you want to know anything else just post message on here. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR FRESHERS WEEK!!!
imogen xxx
getting very close now. totally stopped keeping up with the threads, it's getting insane :-D

Talking to peeps on MSN is cool, you know who u are.
Seriously, is anyone planning on a meet up? Someone make a sign or something
Reply 335
Well This is prob the last post I'll be able to do now so I'll see u all there. Mite try and check my emails and here sumtime b4 monday?? very doubtful. have to meet sumhow tho!! lol! maybe we shud wait a few days or sumthin, get settled in our flats. U mite see me around. Ive got black ish hair (not brown and blonde yet...not for a while :frown: ) and...forget it.....theres prob a lot of people who will fit the description i give. cya soon guys!
Reply 336
Aye, im up tomorrow, so ill "holla dwags" when i get up :biggrin: gotta start my packing today lol

Hope to meet some of you lot, johnny - catch you in lectures mate :smile: - as for meet up, my door will be open, so just come knocking guys!

Dom
Whay Hey. Probably gonna be the last post. I'm heading off 2nite, so you'll see the car pull in monday morning. If anyones awake that early.
Feel free to shout from ur window :-)
This is gonna be cool.

See you all soon folks.
How everyone finding it?
Reply 339
hey! its going well so far :smile: getting easier to be away from home everyday! :smile: which is good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending