Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well said Snowy

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for that, Snowy

Well my UCAS form is being "processed", so I should hear soon if I will be joining you

By what you guys have been saying, Storthes is the place to go and so I will go (if the Uni likes me enough to offer me a place for Automotive Engineering or Mech Eng)

Cheers again,
    Anth

ReputationRep:
    Hey-am new! well to this site anyway-in my 3rd yr at hudds and gutted that its comin to the end of an era! anyone here at firth point? i was at storthes in 1st yr and didnt sleep for a yr, but everythings a bit quieter here :-(

Olivia

ReputationRep:
    OK, so whats Huddersfield uni actually like? My UCAS form will be sent off in the next couple of days, and I still have a couple of spaces left on it, and am considering putting Huddersfield down (I'm applying for English and Creative Writing), so is there anything I should know? Whats the social life like there? Is everything all in one place, or spread around? I really don't know much about it at all, so any help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Huddersfield uni is big and compact, same with the town. My mate does English with History i know its not the same course as you but she is enjoying both parts of it. Night life is better than you'd expect and if you go to Storthes you will definetly make friends easily, ace place to live/study

ReputationRep:
    any1 recieved offers for Business/Management BA @ Huddersfield?

ReputationRep:
    Ladies and Gents, I must warn you that I have been invited to an open day for Mechanical Engineering on 11th January

Is it strange that I could remember where the open day would be taking place after just a few hours wandering round a couple of months ago? :confused:

The letter I got from the Uni says that UCAS will tell me about the offer - have to wait for Track to be updated first :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!
    Im going to Huddersfield this year (2006) to do Music Technology Software Development! I took a year out this year to do some work, etc. Storthes looks great! Im defaintely going to apply for there ASAP.
    Anyone else going this year?

Cheers!
    Pete

ReputationRep:
    Pete - I am probably going for either Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering. I was at the applicants open day today (just got back around an hour ago) and Storthes looks brilliant.

I have been to Hudds twice now (open day in October time and today) and I am getting pretty good at finding my way round the place, so it must be canny

Hope to see you there

ReputationRep:
    Hey there!
    Great! I went to the open day last year, but I didnt get there in time to look around Storthes (long drive from here!), ive just seen it from the campusdigs website, but even from there it looks brilliant!

Hope to keep in contact mate, i'll message you my msn, and then i'll have someone on msn whos going to the same uni as me. Whey!!

Talk to ya soon mate
    Pete

ReputationRep:
    I didnt get to see Storthes when I went first time, but these people here and the campusdigs site convinced me it was canny. Had a mosy yesterday and I like the look of it (plenty of trees and open space to hide in and practice my martial-arty type things).

I added you to my MSN contacts

ReputationRep:
    anyone else going to huddersfield this comming year?

Pete

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, i think im going to be going to huddersfield starting this year (2006) too!

i've applied for software (dont worry, im not a geek) which should be pretty cool.

im from right down south so ive got to mission it up there. It seems people think that Storthes is the best choice so i guess i will be applying to live there.

i have a couple of questions if anyone could help me out...

does Storthes have a like "lights out" time, or a time you have to be in?

whats the deal with the internet in your room.. can you play online games and stuff on it or do they limit you lots?

cheers people, i hope to see you all later on this year!

Matt.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Matt

Looks like two southerners (yourself and Pete) and one northerner (me) heading to Hudds this year so far

Going to be pretty lonely if theres only three of us in the year like

ReputationRep:
    hehe yeah, im sure a few more people will pop ther heads in this thread soon

matt.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, give it time for people who have applied to get put it as firm when all of their offers are in.

Then we can start looking forward to the fun that is independance

ReputationRep:
    I've been made a conditional offer from Huddersfield and i have already attended an applicant open day which i was invited to.

I was very impressed when i went and its at the top of my list so far - there are still however a few universities that i have had conditional offers from that i need to visit - so i still am not 100% sure but for the moment i will be going to Huddersfield.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody else from the north applied! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Hope you choose to go there Mark

ReputationRep:
    Oh, cool, your from the North too.

What course will you be studying?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Automotive Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. Been offered Automotive Technology, but the Eng people say thay will have a talk about it

Having visited Teesside (a complete dosshole), having mates at Sunderland (with mixed reactions) and knowing I have no chance of getting into Durham or Newcastle, I am pleased to say that it is the best place for me. I said that after I was at Huddersfield before Chrimbo and after being there last week for an applicants open day I am saying the same

What course are you after like?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 15, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.