Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am wanting to do Information Communication Technology. I loved Huddersfield when i visited. I am still to visit Teesside.

ReputationRep:
    Teesside - canny buildings and ICT stuff - crap area.

If I dont feel safe walking around the area in the middle of the day and completely sober, I aint going there when I will be walking around at daft-o-clock after daft amounts of drink. The digs there are cheap for a reason - nobody would want to live in the area (plenty of council-curtains and burnt out cars).

Go to Huddersfield!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info.

I am visiting them next month so i might as well check them out anyway.

ReputationRep:
    how long did it take you guys to get your "conditional or unconditional" offers from hudds after you applied? like how many weeks/months etc...

i just cant wait to hear if i get in hehehe ^_^

matt.

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer 3 weeks after applying.

ReputationRep:
    Yea when I applied I got all my conditional offers and stuff within a couple of weeks. However i've heard some stuff has got delayed this year, but that might just be the financial stuff or somthing?

Pete

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application in on 23rd November (when it was sent to Hudds) and got one offer 15th December. Still waiting for another though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Huddersfield in September! I'll be doing Media and Print Journalism, my place is already confirmed 'cause I applied last year and deferred.

Just trying to narrow down my accommodation choice now, I'm not sure whether to go with Storthes Hall or Aspley Hall. Aspley's winning so far on the counts that it's right across the road from campus.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody else going! Yaaaaaay!

Do the first-year thing and go to Storthes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaskell)
    Somebody else going! Yaaaaaay!

Do the first-year thing and go to Storthes
    I've been having a good think and I may actually do that!

I actually can't wait, it's a bit sad really, hehe.

ReputationRep:
    woo! another storthes person! ^_^

im just waiting for my "yes or no" paper now... i got into aberystwith already, but i think id rather be here

caff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caff)
    woo! another storthes person! ^_^

im just waiting for my "yes or no" paper now... i got into aberystwith already, but i think id rather be here

caff.
    Yeahh!
    My boyfriend has also applied to Huddersfield [cue cheesy 'awww' haha] so we're gonna be staying in the same halls. Storthes it is!

The waiting part is horrible. My UCAS form went off after all of my friends and they got replies and intervies, I had nothing until February/March time! Verrry nervewracking. [I applied last year, but defferred until this year]

What're you gonna be studying up there?

ReputationRep:
    I've just sent an email to the Engineering people at Huddersfield asking about the status of my application for Mechanical Engineering. I already have an offer for Automotive Technology from there (220 points and C at GCSE Maths) and that came through in December.

Got unconditional offers for Teesside and Wolverhampton unis and a conditional for Sunderland (all Mechanical Engineering) and Teesside is pretty much going nuts wanting me to go there - getting stuff every week from them.

I definately want to get to Hudds rather than Sunderland or Teesside. I have had nearly 19 years of living in the north east between the two Unis (got Sunderland 10 miles north, Teesside 20 miles south and Durham 10 miles west) and I want to get away for a bit - "broaden my horizons".

Not saying anything about loads more martial arts in the Huddersfield area (including a brilliant Fillipino Martial Artist) that I want to try out like

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Sunderland too :cool: But then when it came to visiting for the open day, we were faced with either an extorionate amount of money per person to fly up or drive up in the car, which would've taken 2 days.

Somehow, the 4 1/2 hour car journey to Hudds seemed more appealing!

I'm really really excited about going! Haha.

ReputationRep:
    Its 2 hours by train to Huddersfield from me (if the bus is on time, like it wasnt when I went to the applicants open day), so dad would probably be able to do it in just over an hour. Only £40 on the train like, and I managed to get some Physics revision done for the exam I had the next day. I wouldnt have been able to do that in the car.

Most of my mates in Engineering went to Sunderland just because its local (25 minutes on a bus, 15 in the car or 10 on a motorbike ) and I have had mixed opinions of the place. For me though, that place is too close. I have worked there a few times with my secondary school and they are always around thanks to us being a "feeder college".

Uni is a chance to get away from home, not an excuse to stay here for another 3 or 4 years!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Huddersfield, originally for Creative Music Tech.

But I got a letter from them on the 29th of Jan saying they didn't think my qualifications weren't good enough, but that they've offered me a place on the Music Technology and Popular Music course.

So as soon as that offer appears on my UCAS track, it'll be my firm.

ReputationRep:
    Alreet Tzara

They did something like that with me - I applied for Automotive Engineering but they are putting me on Automotive Technology instead (less Maths). Its on track, but I am waiting for Mechanical Engineering to come back from Hudds before I choose

ReputationRep:
    IM SO HAPPY!

Ok so i wake up this morning and what's in the post waiting for me... A welcome pack from huddersfield uni!

Basically back in the school days i didnt so so good on my GCSE's because of my wrist... Long time ago... Anyway, im retaking maths this year, and the letter said, even if i dont get the gcse grade (which i hope i do) i can still take a test to prove im good enough hehe ^_^. So yeah, ive been offered a conditional. Im really glad! Huddersfield is blatently my first choice .

So... i've been invited to an open day thing on March 29th to take the maths test and to have a look around. Is anyone else going on this day? may be good to meet up with some people im going to be spending the next four years with!

Matt.

ReputationRep:
    Nice one!

Dunno anything about the Maths test, but you have given me hope that I might get in with my GCSE Maths level too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caff)
    IM SO HAPPY!

Ok so i wake up this morning and what's in the post waiting for me... A welcome pack from huddersfield uni!

Basically back in the school days i didnt so so good on my GCSE's because of my wrist... Long time ago... Anyway, im retaking maths this year, and the letter said, even if i dont get the gcse grade (which i hope i do) i can still take a test to prove im good enough hehe ^_^. So yeah, ive been offered a conditional. Im really glad! Huddersfield is blatently my first choice .

So... i've been invited to an open day thing on March 29th to take the maths test and to have a look around. Is anyone else going on this day? may be good to meet up with some people im going to be spending the next four years with!

Matt.
    What's this welcome pack thing then? Is it only for people on your course or for everyone going this year?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 15, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.