Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Music technology software development here
    I think I needed 240 to get in, and I only just got it! :eek: *phew*
    Im currently working this year, (being very bored) and looking foward to Huddersfield in september! WOOOO!!!!!

Cya all there!
    Pete

PS: Anyone want to start a power metal band when we get there? hehehe

ReputationRep:
    I hope Storthes is good! People on here say its great, so i'll trust em! Just from going through CampusDigs storthes looked alot better, and I think I like the idea of being in on a halls site with alot more people with a load of stuff to do there!
    I applied for Storthes (and went for the premium coz looks like a good deal!), so i'll see you guys there!

Pete

ReputationRep:
    Woo. I emailed admissions last week to check that I still have a place there because I hadn't heard anything and today they emailed back saying not to worry I do still have a place!

ReputationRep:
    Yay!

ReputationRep:

Your course sounds cool dangpie, I'll doing music tech too, though not the software development thing...

ReputationRep:
    Have applied for four courses here, but am likely to do either computer games programming or Internet Systems Development, not sure yet :P. Need 240 for the games course and 200 for internet.... been offered conditional places and i've got till may to decide which one i want . (No im not a geek ppl.... least i hope not :P)

ReputationRep:
    cool Tzara! might end up in some of the same lectures then!

See ya there!

ReputationRep:
    Spong - 4 courses???? So you really dont want to go to Hudds? :-P

ReputationRep:
    course i dont want to go, wot ever gave you that idea? :rolleyes: I gave bolton 2 choices as a backup, bolton must be that one i really want :P:. Lol i've been to the student bar in huddersfield and its what attracted me (that and its a better uni than bolton or manchester :p: least in my opinion). I picked 4 here in case i decide i hate a course or someat . STUDENT BAR HERE I COME!

ReputationRep:
    iv been offered early primary teaching QTS with 220 points
    only 20 places on the course and from over 350 applicants i got one lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeckiM)
    iv been offered early primary teaching QTS with 220 points
    only 20 places on the course and from over 350 applicants i got one lol!
    Well done! Will you be accepting or have you not decided yet?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, hudds is great, u will love it promise....just make sure u go out every night at start of the year, when u can!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by embelina)
    just make sure u go out every night at start of the year, when u can!!!
    Ill be going out everynight!

ReputationRep:
    :bawling: Aaargh all these stupid forms to fill out! Finance, bursaries, loans, grants.

Almost sorted them all out. Now just got the horribly long wait till end of august now :bawling: Too long a wait lol!

EDIT:
    Bugga! I just got a reply back from Huds saying if I have selected them as my firm etc, that they will contact me in July...

3 month wait :bawling: !! AaaAArrgh!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody.

I got a conditional from Huddersfield, for Media/Sports Journalism. I need to get a DMM. Which I should if I knuckle down.

Anyway, got some questions which would nice if answered.

1. I live in Rotherham ATM, should I commute to Uni and back to move and live in a hall? Im guessing its a pain to travel there and back, just thought Id ask.

2. What are the halls like? Im wanting a quiet hall, which one should I choose when I decide to get my accomodation forms?

3. Whats the Media/Sports Journalism course like if anyone's done it? Good facilities?

Anyway, thanks for anyone who answers my Q's!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    1. I live in Rotherham ATM, should I commute to Uni and back to move and live in a hall? Im guessing its a pain to travel there and back, just thought Id ask.

2. What are the halls like? Im wanting a quiet hall, which one should I choose when I decide to get my accomodation forms?
    Hi

I live in Doncaster and it is too far to commute from here, so Im going to stay in the halls. All the halls seemed quiet when I went to look around, although Ashenhurst (where I am hopefully staying) seems the quietest, and its not far from the uni, unlike Storthes. Go and have a look around Ashenhurst halls as well if you get the chance. I dont know anything about the course that you are doing sorry because I am doing psychology.

Hope that helps a bit!

nat

ReputationRep:
    Aky. a little bit of help with your halls question.
    Storthes is 50/50, you get what you sign up for. if you ask for quiet you will get put into either Lower Hartley, Jenkinson, or North Springs. One time when i was pissed i was wandering around and i came to Lower Hartley and it was eerishly quiet, then the other two in the order i put them in are a little louder as they are near the shop etc. If you sign up for lively, as i did you can expect alot of sleepless nights

Firth Point, Little aspley and aspley halls are quieter than Storthes from my experience, this is as there are less first years who live there and alot more mature students. Little Aspley is also flats of 4 people so less chance of being lots of people up at once.

Snow Island, i think theres a few regular parties at this place. but other than that its similar to Firth point, Aspley and Little aspley, i.e. more mature students.

Ashenhursts the only one i havent been to and i dont know anyone who lives there either. No one at Ashenhurst does drama hehe.

Hope that helps.

I recommend Storthes if you want quietness and more like minded people.

Oh yeah and as for commuting, some people i know who commute dont have many friends at uni due to never being there for nights out/in etc. They also dont have fantastic social lives at home as most of their mates are at uni aswell. Just something for you to consider.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

BTW, are there any en-suites and can you have broadband installtion in your room?

Im still undecided ATM, Hallam have got a Journalism course and I have to turn down offers to apply.

Whats Huddersfield like as a town? Will I encounter any problems?

ReputationRep:
    Ive just completed the online accomodation form, thank god thats out of the way!

Just checking, should i expect something through the post now thats been sent or will i not recieve anything until later in the year, closer to when we are due to start?

Hows everyones revision going for their exams in the summer?

ReputationRep:
    They have a University now?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 15, 2011

University open days

1. University of Huddersfield
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.