Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mark1988)
    Just checking, should i expect something through the post now thats been sent or will i not recieve anything until later in the year, closer to when we are due to start?
    Hi

I asked DIGS and they said that the details are kept on file until end of May then they send all paperwork and stuff out to you.

Nat

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, thanks for letting me know Natalie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Thanks.

BTW, are there any en-suites and can you have broadband installtion in your room?

Whats Huddersfield like as a town? Will I encounter any problems?
    All rooms at Storthes hall are en suite, none of Ashenhurst are en suite. Snow island, Little Aspley and Aspley halls are en suite aswell. I can only speak from knowledge, but if you are at Storthes hall their basic internet package is aparently 512, but it fluctuates madly depending on how many people are online, its generally turd.

The town is awesome, nice and compact. Very very nice locals, ive never once been name called by little scally kids. Good clubs and looks nice.

ReputationRep:
    My accommodation form is all filled out and I'm booked in for the open day on June 21st

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Business Studies at Huds. Is the department decent? it looked alright, liked the uni 2. Anyone else applied to do any business course?

ReputationRep:
    Random Question - just thought of it - but is anyone planning on bringing a TV with them in Sept?

Plus i am correct in saying we need to purchase a TV lisence?

ReputationRep:
    Random Question - just thought of it - but is anyone planning on bringing a TV with them in Sept?

Im bringing a tv, and yes im sure we do need a tv licence

ReputationRep:

Yes and yes.

ReputationRep:
    I put Huddersfield as my firm sometime last week, yay!

But my mate has applied for a place at Ashenhurst, rather than Storthes Hall...I'm not where to go...Which would be better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzara)
    But my mate has applied for a place at Ashenhurst, rather than Storthes Hall...I'm not where to go...Which would be better?
    Im going to Ashenhurst as its cheaper and Ill have more money for beer, most 1st years do go to Storthes tho. Get more people to Ashenhurst with me!!!
    And its nearer to the town, no long journeys back after a night out

ReputationRep:
    I've just chose Hudds for Mech Eng as my firm choice with Teesside for the same as insurance (aye, Teesside is a dosshole but its close to home for things like laundry )

Dunno which to choose for digs like. Storthes has all the goodies, but Ashenhurst is cheaper. Probably do the freshers thing and go Storthes though

ReputationRep:
    Im going to Storthes, I got me application sorted out n stuff. Wooo!
    Im doing Music Technology Software Development and huddersfield.
    Anyone wanna form a sweet Power Metal band there?

Pete

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I accepted my place at huddersfield a couple of days ago, studying Popular Music Production.
    i'm gonna be staying at storthes hall, ive already filled in the application form but im thinking maybe i should have applied for the premium room rather than the standard room... but i dunno

ReputationRep:
    Hey! What's the business department like at Huds? (HUBS) I ve applied and got a conditional. Need to decide where to go very soon though!

ReputationRep:
    I am also put huds as my firm choice, did it a few weeks ago straight after the open day lol.

No matter what my grades are I know Ill be going because if i dont quite meet the grades I can do a foundation degree and then top it up or as the tutor ill be having said to me, if you fly through the course in the first year youll be asked if you want to get put into the full degree course.

I have sent off my application for accom at storthes. Might I jsut say the prices have lowered to £75.95 per week for single premium, leaving only a few £ difference between normal single and sinle premium.

Cant wait to get feedback from the uni and accom as september draws nearer. Just applying to all the trusts and grant ppl atm to get things I can't afford.

ReputationRep:
    Are there anyone who going to Huddersfield this year to study Architecture Technology,I going.

I was hoping I can meet some friend before I go?, Anyone wanna be friend. At least we have someone we know when we go there.
    I haven't though where to go yet? any ideal where?

ReputationRep:
    I'll br your friend bbb!

ReputationRep:
    People in need of mates?

Count me in

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a conditional offer from Hudders, Media/Sports Journalism and I need to get a DMM.

But ATM, Im probably on course for less. ATM, its MPP but what if I get MMM, is there a chance I could get in or are Huddersfield really strict on grades?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

When I was at the open day I remember the lecturer said that they would normally let people in if they had just missed the required grades. I'm not sure if that was just the course area I was there for, or for most courses, but I think Hudd isn't extremely strict about the requirements.

Hope thats helpful!

Pete

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 15, 2011

University open days

1. University of Huddersfield
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.