The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Huddersfield Uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
electrofantastic-- welcome back! yes it was one crazy night! tiring though? how comes you feeling a bit worse for wear?

have you not even been to see strothes yet? i dont think theres any more tours!

where has this saying come from about the oldest buy the 1st drinks! (yes chewy i know it was u). But originally! i have never heard that before. ive heard the youngest do but never the oldest! must be a southern thing!
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 841
lol!

It's sods bloody law isn't it.

If you don't meet the requirements of your firm choice, UCAS automaticly appoints you into some kind of contract (even with out your signiture of authenticity) that you must go to your insurance. However, you can call your insurance to be released from their course and apply to Huds through clearing.

But, if Huddersfield automaticly put you onto a backup course if you didnt reach the higher grades, things should go smoothly. But a record of this must be under your UCAS conditions on the website or letters they send out.
Well i feel a bit pants today cause i was working til late, and then had a few too many drinks afterwards like the idiot i am.

No, i haven't seen storthes yet, i've only been to huddersfield once before, and that was for my interview! Maybe if i ask really nicely they will agree to give me a personal tour, cause i really want to see whre i will be living for the next year before move in weekend! Can anyone tell me who has sen it whether it is actually decent and clean? (yes, i'm a clean freak)

I've never heard anything about the oldest or youngest buying drinks first, and i've lived erm....east and west as opposed to north and south.... Usually i would say it was the duty of the richest to get involved and buy a round.
I'm 22, only just tho... my birthday was last week :wink:
Reply 844
in my opinion from what I have seen the rooms were rather clean.

Nah I just came up with the idea of the elders buying first so by the time us youngsters have to buy our rounds, everyone should be drunk enough not to notice we didnt pay for it.

Carly, check out www.campusdigs.com and if you have adobe acrobat reader:
http://www.velameme.com/download_center/index.php?/digs/DigsLiveAndLearn_Full.pdf

If you allow for it to load properly, you will be able to see some panaramic views of the village and inside the rooms.
Reply 845
Jay was wrong! I was actually up at 10:45 and was covered in oil by 11 thanks to dad needing a hand with the carburettor on the Mini.

Have to go sort out an appointment at Natwest to open a student bank account sometime today. Should be canny - mams mate is the one who does all of that kind of stuff at our branch :smile:

Jay - I saw your post in the "campaign" thread. Will probably get to start on the Wiki plan sometime today.

Somebody say Keane gig? The local place for gigs round here is the Metro Arena in Newcastle, and I have never wanted to try and get home from that place after a gig!
Reply 846
ive just got some thing through the post from ucas!

theyve sent me a clearing letter! why the hell would i want to use clearing when ive already accepted my unconditional offer!

electro-- i doubt strothes will give u a tour because theres no one actually there now.
i went and was pretty impressed! its like a little town of its own way out in the country side. its really quite. they have astroturf sports thing,gym,shopping place,tanning studio,dvd rental,takeaway,lounge,gym,bar/club! the place really is huge ive never seen anything like it. and the flats are pretty nice yea! the only thing i would say is that aspley halls have nicer kitchens! the flat is as clean as u keep it really.im really looking forward to going there now
here is there web page if you want to look at pics n stuff. u can also download a brochure on there aswell as a video.

www.campusdigs.com

i will buy the group a round. but only as the group stands! any more additions to it then that is seperate to someone elses round. comprhende
Reply 847
anth-- ah you reminded me. talking about cars. i need to go and put mine on the autotrader. its going to be no use to me at uni is it! :smile:
Reply 848
Jay
i will buy the group a round. but only as the group stands! any more additions to it then that is seperate to someone elses round. comprhende
Sounds good to me :biggrin:

Summat that may or may not interest you Jay - BBC Link saying that GNER have lost their battle against the other rail company heading from our way to York, Leeds and Brighouse (for Huddersfield). More trains, more competition, hopefully lower costs :smile:
I'm taking my car with me to uni... might be handy for shopping and going home and stuff, altho i dont think ill be using it THAT much
Reply 850
gner. Thats probably the train you catch to get hom is it from huddersfield. Mine is the trans penine express. (manchester airport train) its stops at northallerton before it goes on to middlesbrough.

How you getting down there on move in day? you driving down with your parents?

Wow, that presentation was very swish! It does actually look really nice doesn't it?! Except for the curtains in the rooms, they will give me panic attacks haha. Thanks for the link!

Jayjas, i know what you mean about it being like a little town, it does look like one. Damn it i wish that i got myself sorted and went on a tour of the place before! It just seemed like a waste of time driving down for a tour that lasted a couple of hours. Oh well, i'll just have to wait til moving weekend then.
Reply 852
electrofantastic-- my tour of strothes was included in my open day at the university. I think we spent longer on the bus getting to strothes then we actually did at the place lol. i think we were only there half hour max. but it was pretty good.
Reply 853
jayjas
gner. Thats probably the train you catch to get hom is it from huddersfield. Mine is the trans penine express. (manchester airport train) its stops at northallerton before it goes on to middlesbrough.

How you getting down there on move in day? you driving down with your parents?

Transpennine go to Durham too, but when I went for the first open day I realised I cant sit on a train for two hours straight. Next one I got a GNER to York, Transpennine to Hudds, Transpennine back to York then Virgin to Durham (them Virgin trains are swish like!). With that Grand Central company it gives me the choice of heading to Hartlepool and nicking a lift off mam on her way home from work :smile:

On moving day I am definately jumping in the car with mam/dad. Astra estate with roofbox, or we can borrow a Mitsu truck or Merc van if required :biggrin:

Going to get a huge bergen for carrying stuff home like. Easier to hoy that on me back than drag a holdall or case up the hill to the station in Hudds and down the hill at Durham.
Reply 854
GNER goes from London kings cross through where I live to Peterborough and i know it has other stops along the way but it goes all way to scotland.

Carly - no worries, look at the prices in the back, they are cheaper than the ones they have on the website lol.
Hmmm...i shall be enlisting the help of my mum and brother on moving day, seeming as though i can't drive myself. I just hope everything fits in the car. If not we will have to borrow my uncles monster pick up truck thing.

May i just say that this thread has got me all jazzed up and excited about moving weekend and going to huddersfield! I just better well get in now!
Reply 856
electro
May i just say that this thread has got me all jazzed up and excited about moving weekend and going to huddersfield! I just better well get in now!
I've been like that since I found this thread! :eek: :biggrin:
Reply 857
I am sure you will :p:

I just can't wait to get away from Huntingdon. Put it this way it was in the crap town books :wink: has nothing to do here at all apart from sodding football pitches. Last time I counted there was about 8 of them. Who the hell needs 8 full sized football pitches...

For the moving stuff, luckily I have a type 2 camper, stacks of room. On the note of taking stuff, I was in woolworths the other day and they had a decent sized George Foreman for £20. I'll probably grab one when I get back from scotland.
Reply 858
chew-- whos carly??

anth--yea i was going to take my stuff in my car but im gonna get rid of it now instead. i probs wouldnt get much into it anyway! u cant get much into a coupe lol

al have to drag my dad down in his 4 x 4. well meet you on the A1!lol

that trans penine one that u get off at at york.thats the one i stay on! lol!
Reply 859
yes! i 2 am feeling the affects of the thread! :smile:

Quick Reply