Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    electro = carly... I think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewy)
    I just can't wait to get away from Huntingdon. Put it this way it was in the crap town books .
    I think my 'merry' town of cleethorpes (adjoining with grim grimsby) must beat your place hands down. Seriously. I still walk the streets in this town with a look of pure horror on my face. Thank god i haven't lived here all my life.

I'm Carly!

ReputationRep:
    hey carly im jason.
    i think we should all get on 1st name terms!

it sounds like were not going to university to get a degree. it sounds like were all just running away from where we live lol!

ReputationRep:
    I can't find the list of crap towns on the net, but I believe Huntingdon was 28th

We have an Olympic gym here aswell and Oliver Cromwell was born here yet its a sh*thole. Oh oh oh and John Major lives here.

>> Mike/Michael or whatever you want really.

ReputationRep:
    At least you actually have stuff like an olympic gym! Here its just a bit desolate really, it's a concrete wasteland!

Yep, first name terms is a good plan batman.

Right i'm off to frolic in the sun now, cause it won't last for very long!

ReputationRep:
    wont last long, eh? they are saying that its going to get hotter in August?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Not in this neck of the woods!

ReputationRep:
    Everybody knows my name without me mentioning it - its me username here

Living in a town built for miners and their families, pretty much in the middle of the old Co. Durham mining area and so in the middle of the strikes (Billy Elliot was apparently set on and was filmed in Easington, a few minutes away with a mate of mine being on the Miners Union board at Easington pit during the strike featured) so loads of unemployment around here. Peterlee is a heck of a lot better than most of the area, but its still lacking. Heck, Peterlee was even on Jamies School Dinners in one of the doss-hole areas!

19 years in this place and I need to get away - I am sick of walking the same paths and through the same park most days (when I can be bothered to move from my desk). I'm booooooooooooooored of Peterlee!

Enjoy it in the sun Carly - I am waiting for the Airshow tomorrow for my yearly dose of bright light

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewy)
    wont last long, eh? they are saying that its going to get hotter in August?!?!
    If it gets hotter up here then I will have to find an extra two litre water bottle to fill for training and take another jacket with me!

Its not wise to do two hours of karate training in a school gym on the hottest day of the year - as I found out! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    anth-- lol no probs not the best idea! im going to the show on sunday. Wanted to go for the full weekend but its just not happening.

is it really meant to get hotter in august? i thought all this sunshine was coming to an end soon! mind you they tell you something diferent everyday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay)
    im going to the show on sunday. Wanted to go for the full weekend but its just not happening.
    I dont see the point in going for both days. Its just more cash to spend really. I am meeting someone from another forum there tomorrow if I can find him amongst the million or so people who show up!

(Original post by Jay)
    is it really meant to get hotter in august? i thought all this sunshine was coming to an end soon! mind you they tell you something diferent everyday!
    It better not be hotter!

ReputationRep:
    And things are now getting quiet in here

I just remembered, head to your local dentist and ask for a HC1 form. Fill this in as though you are at Storthes or other accom, dont put down you are with your parents.

This will make sure you still recieve free NHS support for dentist/hospital seeing as you are a student.

ReputationRep:
    kool!

if we get part time jobs. which i will be! we wont get taxed because where students right? how do we go about letting them know that?

ReputationRep:
    some employers give you a p60 form i think its a p60? not sure. if not when you get your first payslip take it down to inland revinue or whoever does your tax stuff and they will change your tax code etc for you. Sometimes is a bit of a pain in the arse. Although I like the fact that if they take a few months doing it, you get a nice treat when you get the cheque lol.

ReputationRep:
    Mike - aye, things are getting quiet now

I cant head to a dentist - because I didnt go for however long they took me off their books :rolleyes:

Jay - havent a clue, but I am guessing someone will either here on TSR or at the job shop thing at Hudds

I've been looking at the other Uni wikis and quite a few have loads of headings but no content. This is giving me an idea, and the wikis that do have content are adding more stuff to my plans in my head. Should have a mini plan sorted by the end of the day

ReputationRep:
    For Storthes, do we pay the rent when we are on our christmas and easter holidays?

ReputationRep:
    Havent a clue.

Reet, I'm off walkies to the town to see about this Natwest student account. Need to make an appointment to sort it all out.

But before I go - I've just realised its less than 3 weeks until results day! Eeeeeeep! :eek:

Back in around an hour (I hope)

ReputationRep:
    yes! we still have full access to our room and things over xmas and stuff! i think i might spend new year there! there defiantly wont be anything big going on where im from!

ReputationRep:
    the contract is from september 16th 06 right through to 29th june 2007. This is inclusive of all holidays i'e xmas and easter, and any other time spent away from the university

ReputationRep:
    Okay kool, just needed to know it for these NHS forms.

Anth, you don't need to make an appointment, just ask for the application and if they are not busy they will fill it in there and then.. print off the term times and all info on your course aswell as you need it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 15, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.