The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Huddersfield Uni?

Scroll to see replies

Hey all :smile:
I was just reading through and realised there's no-one (not that i noticed anyway) that are already at Huds. I'll be going into my second year in sept, and will be staying in Aspley (last year I was in Storthes). So if anyone needs to know anything, I will be happy to share my knowledge :wink:

Jo
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 981
Hey Jo, there are plenty of people who have posted and are already at Huds. Just us freshers have taken over the last 20 pages odd :p:
Reply 982
hey jo!!

So how was your 1st year at the uni? and just as important, how was your 1st year at strothes?

thats where all us lot are planning on staying in september. Although we got a aspley hall brochure through the other day from ucas and a couple of us started having second thoughts about strothes?

whats your view on this?
Reply 984
chewy-- thanx mate. but i think hes sussed it. hes using ms office 03.
the only problem hes having is:

" in "Form" i have "Note's" when i up date my note's how can i auto stamp date and time at the start of my update for notes and also at the mo i am unable to start a new paragraph by pressing return, this just tabs me to the next tab point. "

anywayz

chewy-- hows you today mate?

anyone else with us?
Reply 985
correction - ms office 03
Reply 986
oh ym god what the hell is wrong with me 2day! i meant access!! lol
Reply 987
Could you post me some screenshots?

It is hard to understand what you are trying to do.

If you want, you can give me a list of the tables and their attributes, the forms and reports you are after and I should have it done by tonight.

I am fine, just rather bored. Yourself?
Reply 988
my dads out at the mo at the airshow. im going tomoorow wahoo!
but when he comes bk ill ask him how hes doing with it!

Im rather bored my self!:mad:

might have a drive up to the cinema!
Reply 989
Going to the cinema on yourself?? okay...

I must find something to do, I swear im going to die of boredom
Reply 990
lol ill probs pick one my mates up! need to find one thats still worth spending time on 1st!
there seems to be a huge shortage of them at the moment!

go get yourself a job for a couple of weeks before uni? wont hurt!
Reply 991
Lol, I would only be able to work for 2 weeks max mate... there is no point.
Reply 992
course there would! itl get you outa the house. stop you going blind from staring at the screen all day. it will get u in the frame for working at uni because at some point you probably will have to. .And it would be a recent reference that you could provide!
and the bonus: youd probs be couple of hundred quid up, if not more!
Reply 993
holiday for 10 days starting this monday, week after I come back we get our results, remaining 4 weeks I am sorting out my driving and uni stuff :p:

no time at all for a job lol :biggrin:
Reply 994
lol! sounds like you got it all sussed?

what you mean sorting your driving stuff out?
Reply 995
I'm taking an intensive course after I get back from holiday. probably 2 weeks intensive. While on holiday im going to learn my theory again. I failed it by about 3 points on the hazzard test even though I ride a motorbike... its ****ing crap, its more to do with luck than anything.

But anyway yeah, I'll take the course and then when the instructor says I should be fine, I will phone up to find some times that people have dropped out which anth suggested a while ago.
Reply 996
theory is easy! well the 35 questions are! proud to say i got 100%!
but i just scraped through the hazard perception! you think youve done so well on it. but then it shows u ur mark and you like! "what the "

i think i passed hz by like 3% or something daft!
are you getting a car while your at uni or are you just getting a liscense so then you know u got it and its done and dusted with!
Reply 997
yeah the hazzard test sucks lol.

Uhm I am not really sure yet as a neighbour up the road is thinking of selling her mini (which is the car I want). Not the new ones, classic.

I am also going to VW fest in Malvern just before we move in at Storthes. I could get a camper hahaha.

by the way: Woooo 1000 posts!!!! 999 replies! lol.
Reply 998
1000 posts! wow! cant believe this is a thread lol!

yea you should get a camper van! they kool! as are minis! i prefer the cooper convertibles but the old ones are still good! just not fast enough for me!

I wish jo would hurry up back. i want to hear what she/he has to say about his/her 1st year at strothes?

you seen ppirates O C 2 yet. might go see that!
Reply 999
Jo has female symbol so I am guessing Jo is female :p:

Nah I haven't yet no.

I want a scooby doo mystery machine lol

Quick Reply