The Student Room Group

Reading & Leeds Festival 2015 - Metallica-Mumford & Sons-?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snowster
Hahaha..Most disappointing lineup for R&L in a long time.. Think they just helped Download to sell out!

Ugh, Slipknot, ugh, Muse...

Sonisphere 2014 was the best.
Download 2014 was awful...
reading and leeds line up last year was great imo, but I can't go this year either so if the Libertines are headlining I'm gonna be so annoyed:frown::frown: only good acts atm though are catb, jamie t, years and years, wolf alice and royal blood and i've already seen 3 of them live :L
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by молодой гений
Ugh, Slipknot, ugh, Muse...

Sonisphere 2014 was the best.
Download 2014 was awful...

Sonisphere 2014 was mostly a repeat of the two previous Download years.

I am also pretty certain that Sonisphere will have tried to book Slipknot and Muse.
Original post by Devel
Sonisphere 2014 was mostly a repeat of the two previous Download years.

I am also pretty certain that Sonisphere will have tried to book Slipknot and Muse.

Maybe that's why they had to cancel for 2015 :tongue:
Reply 24
Maybe that's why they had to cancel for 2015 :tongue:

It probably played a big part along with Metallica being unavailable.

By all accounts the last acts they were going after before they cancelled this year were AC/DC and Tool. AC/DC only do festivals on rare occasions and I don't think Tool have been here for nearly 10 years now.
Original post by Devel
It probably played a big part along with Metallica being unavailable.

By all accounts the last acts they were going after before they cancelled this year were AC/DC and Tool. AC/DC only do festivals on rare occasions and I don't think Tool have been here for nearly 10 years now.

My dream lineup is kinda similar to Reading and Leeds' 2003 one.

Metallica, SOAD... some Megadeth and Accept... Scorpions and Nightwish :smile:

Throw in some Prodigy, Infected Mushroom and Red Hot Chili Peppers for variety's sake and damn, I'd wanna live there.
Reply 26

Metallica, SOAD... some Megadeth and Accept... Scorpions and Nightwish :smile:

Throw in some Prodigy, Infected Mushroom and Red Hot Chili Peppers for variety's sake and damn, I'd wanna live there.

Metallica, SOAD, Megadeth and Nightwish could all be at Download next year. None of them have played since 2011/2012. :thumbsup:

Unsure about Accept, Scorpions are unlikely to ever play.
Original post by Devel
Metallica, SOAD, Megadeth and Nightwish could all be at Download next year. None of them have played since 2011/2012. :thumbsup:

Unsure about Accept, Scorpions are unlikely to ever play.

Nah, Metallica are at Reading Fest, and SOAD are playing at Wembley in April. Nightwish are doing Hellfest, Megadeth had a world tour last summer. Plus the DL line-up has already been announced and it's a bit crap :frown:
Reply 28
Nah, Metallica are at Reading Fest, and SOAD are playing at Wembley in April. Nightwish are doing Hellfest, Megadeth had a world tour last summer. Plus the DL line-up has already been announced and it's a bit crap :frown:

I meant 2016. :thumbsup:
Reply 29
Final headliner on Tuesday.

Day tickets also go on sale and have been reduced in price to £59.50.
Reply 30
While She Sleeps will play before Refused.

Mastodon are headlining The Pit.

:love:
Reply 31

That was an excellent year.
Reply 32
Original post by Devel

Terrible lineup.
Original post by Devel
Final headliner on Tuesday.

Day tickets also go on sale and have been reduced in price to £59.50.

:O how do you know this?! Please let it be true...
Reply 34
:O how do you know this?! Please let it be true...

From the official website;

The third wave of acts is nearly here, including our final headliner…

Reading & Leeds Festival will soon add the next wave of acts to its explosive August Bank Holiday line-up on Tuesday 24th February, adding everything from rock, to dance, to hip-hop to the programme. The third world-renowned headliner will also be announced, joining Mumford & Sons and Metallica at the top of the bill.

Join Zane Lowe on BBC Radio 1 on Tuesday from 7pm for the big announcement - and a world exclusive interview with our mystery headliner.

To give you a little hint, here’s a quote from our new headline act. The name behind the quote will be revealed this Tuesday, but start your guessing using the hashtag #RandL15.

We’re also happy to announce that day tickets will soon be available for both Reading and Leeds festivals. Day tickets will cost £59.50 (plus booking fee and postage) and will be available from Tuesday from the official Reading & Leeds Festival websites.
Reply 35
Reply 36
Best major festival line-up this year by a massive amount.
Original post by Devel

:drool:
Original post by Devel
Best major festival line-up this year by a massive amount.

Who do you think for TBA on Fri?

I thought Vaccines were quite likely to be honest.
Reply 39
Original post by Endless Blue
Who do you think for TBA on Fri?

I thought Vaccines were quite likely to be honest.

Could be Vaccines or Alt-J.

Although I'm not sure why they'd put off announcing them which makes me think it could be someone bigger. Maybe Jack White or Noel Gallagher.

Quick Reply

Latest