Applying as an individual or through sixth form? Watch

kaykibz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I dropped out of university in October as I wanted to take a gap year and attend a different university in 2015. I'm now going through the application process again and I started my application as an individual.
However, when I emailed my sixth form for my reference, my head of sixth form is told me to apply through the sixth form (not as an individual) so he can do my reference.
What should I do? Can I apply through my sixth form or do I have to do it as an individual?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kaykibz)
I dropped out of university in October as I wanted to take a gap year and attend a different university in 2015. I'm now going through the application process again and I started my application as an individual.
However, when I emailed my sixth form for my reference, my head of sixth form is told me to apply through the sixth form (not as an individual) so he can do my reference.
What should I do? Can I apply through my sixth form or do I have to do it as an individual?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Through your sixth form. It will be a simple matter for them to sort out your reference. There's no need to do it any other way.
kaykibz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
Through your sixth form. It will be a simple matter for them to sort out your reference. There's no need to do it any other way.
Okay thanks! I was just worried I wouldn't be able to do it that way as I'm not actually at sixth form anymore haha
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kaykibz)
Okay thanks! I was just worried I wouldn't be able to do it that way as I'm not actually at sixth form anymore haha
It's very, very common. At the school where I work we have a member of the sixth form tutor team who deals exclusively with gap year students and processes their forms. If your school have offered, take them up on it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?