The Student Room Group

Fracking

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I am pro-Fracking, and wouldn't mind too much if they started Fracking near to where I lived in the Weald of Kent. It brings down gas prices in the UK (which is a good thing!) and creates jobs and investment in less better-off areas.
Original post by DavidBurley
1. It will not lower energy prices. even the industry and the government now say that.
2. It will create jobs, but renewables create MORE jobs. So opting for racking is reducing the number of new jobs. Also many high-end fracking jobs will go to exports from USA. Cuadrilla and iGas have admitted so.
3. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (thousands of scientists from 38 countries - and accepted by governments) says we should leave 80% of currently recoverable fossil fuels in the ground. Therefore we should NOT extract new ones.
4. Evidence is emerging from USA about adverse environmental impacts of fracking.
5. No one is saying we should "jump straight to green energy". Having more solar, hydro, wind, wave, tidal energy etc and less fossil fuel IS a transition.

I do not have a chip on my shoulder against anyone - I simply look at the evidence.

You've made 5 points there and every single one of them has no basis in reality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending