The Student Room Group

A Level Choices - Are They Good?

Hello,

I'd like to make this quick. I would like a degree in business management/administration when I'm older, and I'm stuck at what A-Level I should choose. I am alright at maths, I can get an A (hopefully) at GCSE with the help of a tutor, but I'm not the best at it, so it probably wouldn't be the best option for me.

Economics, Geography and Biology

Are they good for getting into business at university and as a career? Considering I do business studies for GCSE at the moment

Thanks
Original post by mavlock
Hello,

I'd like to make this quick. I would like a degree in business management/administration when I'm older, and I'm stuck at what A-Level I should choose. I am alright at maths, I can get an A (hopefully) at GCSE with the help of a tutor, but I'm not the best at it, so it probably wouldn't be the best option for me.

Are they good for getting into business at university and as a career? Considering I do business studies for GCSE at the moment

Thanks

Definitely consider picking A level maths. It's a really solid A level to have and will help a lot when applying. Economics is definitely a really good A level for it and the others don't really matter too much... I think you can get into business management with most A levels. Does your school offer business studies? that might be helpful.
Reply 2
Original post by mavlock
Hello,

Thanks

I think its definitely worth taking something instead of biology or geography, they aren't too worthwhile for a business-based degree. I suggest maybe maths or business studies.
Reply 3
Hey guys,

The only business studies course offered is a BTEC, and so you think politics would be worthwhile. I can consider maths but my teacher wouldn't recommend it!

And Nano, I heard that Geography was an incredibly employable subject!

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm thinking Economics, Maths, biology, geography, core maths isn't too difficult and a A/B is achievable with hard work, also economics will be boosted with the extra maths work!
Reply 5
Forgot to mention, we only do 3 A-Levels
Original post by mavlock
Hello,

Thanks

Id look on unis websites to see if theres any subjects that they do or dont recommend.
Id definitely do economics. Geography is good, even if it isnt particularly relevant to business. Maths would be good, but if you arent 100% sure about it, and your teacher has advised you not to do it then i wouldnt do it. I tried doing it myself so know how hard a-level maths is. For your 3rd subjects id do something like business studies, history or something.
Original post by mavlock
Forgot to mention, we only do 3 A-Levels

How come?

Quick Reply

Latest