mavlock
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello,

I'd like to make this quick. I would like a degree in business management/administration when I'm older, and I'm stuck at what A-Level I should choose. I am alright at maths, I can get an A (hopefully) at GCSE with the help of a tutor, but I'm not the best at it, so it probably wouldn't be the best option for me.

Economics, Geography and Biology

Are they good for getting into business at university and as a career? Considering I do business studies for GCSE at the moment

Thanks
crayolaguy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mavlock)
Hello,

I'd like to make this quick. I would like a degree in business management/administration when I'm older, and I'm stuck at what A-Level I should choose. I am alright at maths, I can get an A (hopefully) at GCSE with the help of a tutor, but I'm not the best at it, so it probably wouldn't be the best option for me.

Are they good for getting into business at university and as a career? Considering I do business studies for GCSE at the moment

Thanks
Definitely consider picking A level maths. It's a really solid A level to have and will help a lot when applying. Economics is definitely a really good A level for it and the others don't really matter too much... I think you can get into business management with most A levels. Does your school offer business studies? that might be helpful.
NanoBot
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello,

Thanks
I think its definitely worth taking something instead of biology or geography, they aren't too worthwhile for a business-based degree. I suggest maybe maths or business studies.
mavlock
Rep:
?
Hey guys,

The only business studies course offered is a BTEC, and so you think politics would be worthwhile. I can consider maths but my teacher wouldn't recommend it!

And Nano, I heard that Geography was an incredibly employable subject!

Thanks
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm thinking Economics, Maths, biology, geography, core maths isn't too difficult and a A/B is achievable with hard work, also economics will be boosted with the extra maths work!
mavlock
Rep:
?
Forgot to mention, we only do 3 A-Levels
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello,

Thanks
Id look on unis websites to see if theres any subjects that they do or dont recommend.
Id definitely do economics. Geography is good, even if it isnt particularly relevant to business. Maths would be good, but if you arent 100% sure about it, and your teacher has advised you not to do it then i wouldnt do it. I tried doing it myself so know how hard a-level maths is. For your 3rd subjects id do something like business studies, history or something.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Forgot to mention, we only do 3 A-Levels
How come?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.67%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
15.9%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
16.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (29)
14.87%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (53)
27.18%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (36)
18.46%

Watched Threads