The Official QPR Thread I

Watch
bigmac26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys,

no idea if this thread exists yet but oh well. Anyone here a ranger? Season ticket holder in ellerslie road R block myself
Lyrical Prodigy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Edit: Well that worked
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bigmac26)
Hey guys,

no idea if this thread exists yet but oh well. Anyone here a ranger? Season ticket holder in ellerslie road R block myself
QPR are basically my second team, went to school close to Loftus Road and used to go quite regularly with some mates(even went away a few times). This was back around 2006-2008 so when Paul Furlong, Rowlands, Camp, Stewart, Delaney were around :laugh: QPR were absolutely dreadful at the time but used to enjoy the atmosphere etc, used to sit in the Ellerslie Road as well actually.

Used to drink in the Springbok(from age 16 :laugh:), what a ****ing madhouse that was. Do remember Luton Town coming one rainy Tuesday night and absolutely making **** of Shepherd's Bush, never seen anything like it since. Have alot of time for QPR fans though even now. Was back for your win vs Villa last month and still enjoyed it even if prices etc have gone up. Still one of the best atmospheres in the PL.
bigmac26
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zürich)
QPR are basically my second team, went to school close to Loftus Road and used to go quite regularly with some mates(even went away a few times). This was back around 2006-2008 so when Paul Furlong, Rowlands, Camp, Stewart, Delaney were around :laugh: QPR were absolutely dreadful at the time but used to enjoy the atmosphere etc, used to sit in the Ellerslie Road as well actually.

Used to drink in the Springbok(from age 16 :laugh:), what a ****ing madhouse that was. Do remember Luton Town coming one rainy Tuesday night and absolutely making **** of Shepherd's Bush, never seen anything like it since. Have alot of time for QPR fans though even now. Was back for your win vs Villa last month and still enjoyed it even if prices etc have gone up. Still one of the best atmospheres in the PL.
Ah that's cool the team with cook, rowlands, ainsworth, camp etc were my team growing up, we had the same XI every week! I really hope we don't move away from loftus road, the atmosphere has been electric this season, as good as palace or stoke. Who's your team then?
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah that's cool the team with cook, rowlands, ainsworth, camp etc were my team growing up, we had the same XI every week! I really hope we don't move away from loftus road, the atmosphere has been electric this season, as good as palace or stoke. Who's your team then?
Gooner, everyone knew I was Arsenal at QPR but never got any grief, think QPR and Arsenal get on pretty well as it goes.

Loftus Road is such a tip of a stadium but I really like it, you can literally feel the place shaking on a good night New stadium is supposed to be down in Old Oak right? Not too far as such and could potentially put QPR onto bigger and better things. Never nice to leave an old ground though, new place never feels quite the same...
The Assassin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
mugs
TornadoGR4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Perhaps it's worth setting up a Premier League thread much like the Football League thread, for teams to discuss the Premier League, maybe excluding the Top 4/5 teams though as they have a large contingent following them?
James2810
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
QPR have been my 2nd/3rd team growing up. My Grandad is a QPR fan so whenever Arsenal play QPR and Arsenal beat them I always give him some stick.
bigmac26
Rep:
?
(Original post by James2810)
QPR have been my 2nd/3rd team growing up. My Grandad is a QPR fan so whenever Arsenal play QPR and Arsenal beat them I always give him some stick.
what about our 2-1 win at loftus road in 2012? kept us up
bigmac26
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zürich)
Gooner, everyone knew I was Arsenal at QPR but never got any grief, think QPR and Arsenal get on pretty well as it goes.

Loftus Road is such a tip of a stadium but I really like it, you can literally feel the place shaking on a good night New stadium is supposed to be down in Old Oak right? Not too far as such and could potentially put QPR onto bigger and better things. Never nice to leave an old ground though, new place never feels quite the same...
yeah, it's a complete hole but it's our home :/ not too bothered by arsenal really, although sagna, nasri and clichy got a ton of stick in the city game we're too busy hating chelsea, cardiff and mark hughes...
sevchenko
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah I have a very soft spot for QPR. When I was in year 5 a close mate of mine was the typical token supporter of a football league club amongst the rest of the boys who followed London based premier league clubs such as Arsenal, Chelsea and Fulham. He was a proper Football league supporter, his family always made a day out of the home games.

I've tracked OPR since then tbh I took extra interest after the take over with influx of money at the club and their return to the Prem. They're a proper London football club in my eyes, on par with West ham, Fulham, Charlton and Crystal Palace in providing passionate support, authentic atmosphere, good family vibe and generally a great footballing experience.
bigmac26
Rep:
?
(Original post by sevchenko)
Yeah I have a very soft spot for QPR. When I was in year 5 a close mate of mine was the typical token supporter of a football league club amongst the rest of the boys who followed London based premier league clubs such as Arsenal, Chelsea and Fulham. He was a proper Football league supporter, his family always made a day out of the home games.

I've tracked OPR since then tbh I took extra interest after the take over with influx of money at the club and their return to the Prem. They're a proper London football club in my eyes, on par with West ham, Fulham, Charlton and Crystal Palace in providing passionate support, authentic atmosphere, good family vibe and generally a great footballing experience.
Great to see the Arsenal fans here, roll on Boxing Day the club's image has really improved over the last few years, hopefully we can keep it going and stay up
sevchenko
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Great to see the Arsenal fans here, roll on Boxing Day the club's image has really improved over the last few years, hopefully we can keep it going and stay up
I'll probably be at that game on Boxing day. I reckon QPR have more than enough to stay up, the players need a bit cohesion and time to adjust to the Prem. They haven't played too bad so far, the league position paints a false picture imo, second half of the season you go hard I think. You'll turn over Leicester as well.

I really wanna see QPR become a stable Prem club and push for Europe in a couple of years. I'm not sure about the move 40,000 seat stadium not sure if you'd fill it consistently. Loftus Road is a proper ground tho, the place has a ton of charm. I love the closeness to the pitch and the atmosphere. It would be a big shame if you moved
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
Perhaps it's worth setting up a Premier League thread much like the Football League thread, for teams to discuss the Premier League, maybe excluding the Top 4/5 teams though as they have a large contingent following them?
We used to use the Ultimate Football Thread for that, it's not a bad idea though. I'm sure it would be popular.

(Original post by sevchenko)
I really wanna see QPR become a stable Prem club and push for Europe in a couple of years. I'm not sure about the move 40,000 seat stadium not sure if you'd fill it consistently. Loftus Road is a proper ground tho, the place has a ton of charm. I love the closeness to the pitch and the atmosphere. It would be a big shame if you moved
If they're in the Premier League they will fill it. There are loads of floating fans in London who'd go and see a Premier League game regardless of who was playing, and they can give a really generous away allocation. It worked for Fulham for 10 years.

The problem is what happens if they drop to a lower level, e.g Coventry City.
sevchenko
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
If they're in the Premier League they will fill it. There are loads of floating fans in London who'd go and see a Premier League game regardless of who was playing, and they can give a really generous away allocation. It worked for Fulham for 10 years.

The problem is what happens if they drop to a lower level, e.g Coventry City.
QPR now averaged around 17,000 attendance over the last 3 years. Finding 16,000 extra people will be difficult assuming they will give at least 4,000 for the away allocation because Premier League rules state that home clubs must make 3,000 tickets or 10 per cent of stadium capacity available to visiting clubs.

They're supporters already have a good access to home matches both in terms of availability of match day tickets and season tickets. I'm not sure how much scope QPR's fan base has to expand tbh just look at Man City I wouldn't say they're domestic support has boosted dramatically.

Fulham always did ticket promotions when they were in the Prem. Stuff like kids go for a quid, half price adult tickets and discounted concessions tickets. The same goes for West Ham tbh, I'm very interested to see how they do at the Olympic stadium and see how they fill it
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wanted to post a pic of the Wealdstone Raider after LP's post tbh.
Lyrical Prodigy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Wanted to post a pic of the Wealdstone Raider after LP's post tbh.
Lmfao "You want some?"
IceJJFish(II)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Assassin)
mugs
You mad SWP domed you a few years ago at the Bridge fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Assassin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by IceJJFish(II))
You mad SWP domed you a few years ago at the Bridge fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
that's only thing he did in that match, and it's the only ****ing goal he scored for QPR

probably the only significant thing he's done in his career rofl
IceJJFish(II)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Assassin)
that's only thing he did in that match, and it's the only ****ing goal he scored for QPR

probably the only significant thing he's done in his career rofl
I liked him for you lot, was a good squad player (not too dissimilar to Salah actually)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads