The Student Room Group

What does this mean?

I'm in my second year of college now, but last year there was this guy... I saw him around as my friends were his friends but we never really spoke. Then nearing the end of the year, he would look at me, try start conversation with me, but I always have one-worded or one sentence answers. And the last time we spoke, I walked away from him ( I was annoyed that day) and since then we haven't spoken.

So this year starts, and I see him around and smile at him, but he just stares at me. What does that mean?

I don't know... It seems like he's trying to get a reaction out of me, like this one time, I was walking with my friend, and he was there talking to some girl. He saw me coming and hugged the girl, and looked over her shoulder to see if I was looking. I just looked away as if I didn't care.

This other time me and my friends were in the college common room, and he comes in with a girl and sits on the opposite table. So I'm just talking to my friends, and I look over and he's looking at me, but he pretends to look around the room. Later on, he literally jumps out his seat and sits right next to the girl, getting all up close to her, then looks at me to see if I'm looking.

What does this mean? Does this mean he likes me?

Im trying to move on, but it annoys me when stuff like this happen

Scroll to see replies

Being a guy this aint rare.

I believe that he actually likes you, but i think you made it clear possibly without realizing that you don't like him. Through the whole one word sentence thing and then walking away not on purpose.

When you're talking about him hugging this girl , i think he is just trying to get your attention, not only that but also trying to make you jealous. I mean think about it. This year starts and he just starts randomly coming over hugging your friends WHILE looking at you to see if you will react.

He then goes to you + your friends in the common room he is already glaring at you while you catch him doing so. To not make it obvious that he is staring at you, he has to do something quick, thus pretend to look around the room. When he jumps out of his seat he is doing this for attention, specifically to get YOUR attention while he gets up close to the same girl (i presume?). Again he looks over to you not only to see if you're looking, but to check your reaction.

He likes you :P
If you go up to him and are totally honest about your poor first impressions, I'm sure you two could get along. There's definitely interest there. This just sounds like a case of miscommunication,
Reply 3
Original post by DanielBaranowski
Being a guy this aint rare.

I believe that he actually likes you, but i think you made it clear possibly without realizing that you don't like him. Through the whole one word sentence thing and then walking away not on purpose.

When you're talking about him hugging this girl , i think he is just trying to get your attention, not only that but also trying to make you jealous. I mean think about it. This year starts and he just starts randomly coming over hugging your friends WHILE looking at you to see if you will react.

He then goes to you + your friends in the common room he is already glaring at you while you catch him doing so. To not make it obvious that he is staring at you, he has to do something quick, thus pretend to look around the room. When he jumps out of his seat he is doing this for attention, specifically to get YOUR attention while he gets up close to the same girl (i presume?). Again he looks over to you not only to see if you're looking, but to check your reaction.

He likes you :P

See that the thing.... I didn't like him before but now I kind of do. This is kinda weird but when I like someone, I ignore them and become defensive,I don't know why... So maybe he took that the wrong way.

yh that's what I thought too, but I haven't spoken to him at all this year and he always does this, especially now, because whenever I do see him, he is always with this one, same girl all the time. I rarely see him with any of his guy friends. So I'm confused to what he's doing
Reply 4
Original post by Calpurnia
If you go up to him and are totally honest about your poor first impressions, I'm sure you two could get along. There's definitely interest there. This just sounds like a case of miscommunication,

I'm a shy person, so that not gonna happen... And If I do it would be sooo awkward
Reply 5
Original post by Foo.mp3
It means he needs to grow up, and you need to learn to flirt/build rapport

Yh I agree, or talk to me instead of doing this, but me flirting would go so wrong in so many ways. (I'm socially awkward)
Original post by Anonymous
See that the thing.... I didn't like him before but now I kind of do. This is kinda weird but when I like someone, I ignore them and become defensive,I don't know why... So maybe he took that the wrong way.

yh that's what I thought too, but I haven't spoken to him at all this year and he always does this, especially now, because whenever I do see him, he is always with this one, same girl all the time. I rarely see him with any of his guy friends. So I'm confused to what he's doing

Ah, i see.

Don't worry, loads of my friends that are girls always tell me this (they ask me for advice) so i guess its just a normal reaction for girls, sure there is nothing wrong with you :P

Story Time...

I used to be good friends with this girl. Always talked, had good banter and generally got on well. We had a massive argument and from then on we just didn't talk. We never engaged in anything. Even when the teacher told us to pair up for partner tasks all we did was just sit there.

I really didn't like this awkwardness and i went up to here when she was by herself and asked her can we just be friends and put this behind us? We hand shaked and now we are really good friends. Maybe you can do the same? This could work because once you are comfortable enough to talk to him then you can tell him the feelings you have for him.

But before you attempt this i would suggest asking that girl if there is anything going on between the both of them, you never know they could be dating or even in a good relationship. As for him rarely being with his guy friends i don't know. Maybe it has nothing to do with this and is a coincidence, or i think maybe it also could be him trying to spend as much time with this girl, because they are either in a relationship or just trying to get you really jealous which is kinda childish!
Reply 7
Ah, i see.

Don't worry, loads of my friends that are girls always tell me this (they ask me for advice) so i guess its just a normal reaction for girls, sure there is nothing wrong with you :P

Story Time...

I used to be good friends with this girl. Always talked, had good banter and generally got on well. We had a massive argument and from then on we just didn't talk. We never engaged in anything. Even when the teacher told us to pair up for partner tasks all we did was just sit there.

I really didn't like this awkwardness and i went up to here when she was by herself and asked her can we just be friends and put this behind us? We hand shaked and now we are really good friends. Maybe you can do the same? This could work because once you are comfortable enough to talk to him then you can tell him the feelings you have for him.

But before you attempt this i would suggest asking that girl if there is anything going on between the both of them, you never know they could be dating or even in a good relationship. As for him rarely being with his guy friends i don't know. Maybe it has nothing to do with this and is a coincidence, or i think maybe it also could be him trying to spend as much time with this girl, because they are either in a relationship or just trying to get you really jealous which is kinda childish!

The thing is I would, but it seems weird because the other day I smiled at him, just to see what he would do but he just stared at me and it was so awkward. Also because last year I smiled at him, and the next day we started talking. But this time he didn't, I thought that if he's not responding to a smile then what?

i could but I don't know her at all, I think she's new to the college, I think she might find me a bit, especially as she's in none of my classes
Reply 8
Original post by Foo.mp3
Ok, so dial it down and focus on IOIs

Whats IOI?:confused:
The thing is I would, but it seems weird because the other day I smiled at him, just to see what he would do but he just stared at me and it was so awkward. Also because last year I smiled at him, and the next day we started talking. But this time he didn't, I thought that if he's not responding to a smile then what?

i could but I don't know her at all, I think she's new to the college, I think she might find me a bit, especially as she's in none of my classes

Ok,

I think the amount of time that you havent spent talking + getting along with each other could have caused him to get over you. Just like when you dont talk to your ex for a long time, you eventually get over them. As for the girl, do you have any mutual friends with her?
Do you know if that guy and that girl and one of your friends are in any of the same classes? Because you can ask your friend to tell you how they act. If its differant from when you are there, then it could mean he just wants you to be jealous or he could still be in to you
Original post by Foo.mp3
Indicators of Interest :colondollar:

Ohhhhhh ok lol
Ok,

I think the amount of time that you havent spent talking + getting along with each other could have caused him to get over you. Just like when you dont talk to your ex for a long time, you eventually get over them. As for the girl, do you have any mutual friends with her?
Do you know if that guy and that girl and one of your friends are in any of the same classes? Because you can ask your friend to tell you how they act. If its differant from when you are there, then it could mean he just wants you to be jealous or he could still be in to you

Thats true... That's the thing, I don't want to start something's that not there or one-sided.

yh, i'll try to ask my friends tomorrow, without making it seem weird lol:smile:
You sound stuck up..
Reply 13
Some people will sound or look stuck up without even meaning to
Thats true... That's the thing, I don't want to start something's that not there or one-sided.

yh, i'll try to ask my friends tomorrow, without making it seem weird lol:smile:

Hey! how did it go? did you find out some useful info? :smile:
You sound stuck up..

Really? How? :s-smilie:
Hey! how did it go? did you find out some useful info? :smile:

Yh.... They're together now... Have been for a few weeks:redface:
Yh.... They're together now... Have been for a few weeks:redface:

Awwww man :frown: sorry to hear that, well atleast you didnt make a fool of yourself and asked him without knowing they were together :smile:
Awwww man :frown: sorry to hear that, well atleast you didnt make a fool of yourself and asked him without knowing they were together :smile:

yh exactly... That would've been embarrassing

Just got to move on now and study lool
yh exactly... That would've been embarrassing

Just got to move on now and study lool

ikr! well wish you all the best for exams and all

Plenty more fish in the sea :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending