Hugo118
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Which University is generally better Derby or Lincoln? especially in the aspects of nightlife, social, sport, History e.t.c I cant decide which one to pick as my option!
Bethrose13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm from Derby and to be completely honest it's ****. I mean it depends what you enjoy - nightlife is pretty crappy but a few good pubs (depends what kind of thing you like to be fair). As for clubs me and my friends usually go outside of Derby - usually Nottingham or Sheffield which are both easy to get to and have decent nightlife and live music. As for sport, not too sure since I'm not a sports person myself but I know a few people in sports clubs so I guess not too bad, idk. Socially not great, there's not a lot to do in the day and historically, yeah I guess we got some interesting history to an outsider. Although having lived here my whole life I can't wait to get out to be honest! I'm currently at college, applying to unis for 2015 and the best advice I can give you is to visit as many places as you can! I've had unis as my top choices from what I've read online, but when I've been to see them I've hated them and vice versa, so don't take my word for anything, just my opinion As for Lincoln, not a clue - been there a few years ago and it is a beautiful place but that's all I know about it to be honest. Hope I've been able to help and feel free to ask me if you want to know anything else
Greywind
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I come from Lincoln and I think it's pretty nice there. The nightlife is good, there's plenty of shops, restaurants, bars etc and its basically been built up due to the amount of students that are coming in. I don't know much about the sport. There's a tennis club and a few bits and pieces but most of the gyms are a little out the way. However, there's probably some sort of gym on campus. Lincoln's a pretty historical city (we've got a castle and a cathedral; and it used to be a Roman city) so there's quite a lot regarding history wise. I've never been to Derby so I can't say if its any good or not! :3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (105)
63.25%
I don't have everything I need (61)
36.75%

Watched Threads