The Student Room Group

How to avoid awkwardness after getting with someone?

I always find that after getting with someone on a night out it becomes really awkward around them. I know that if I don't act awkward then it wouldn't be awkward but I just can't help it. I think I worry too much about not looking awkward that I just make the whole thing more awkward. Any tips on how to stop this? Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
I always find that after getting with someone on a night out it becomes really awkward around them. I know that if I don't act awkward then it wouldn't be awkward but I just can't help it. I think I worry too much about not looking awkward that I just make the whole thing more awkward. Any tips on how to stop this? Thanks.

Pretend to be your (fictional) twin sibling. Admittedly this ruse requires a lot of maintenance, but it's the only possible solution.
Honestly to me it seems if seeing someone you got with makes you feel awkward then perhaps you shouldn't have gotten with them in the first place?

Every guy I have been romantically or sexually involved with (with exception of one ex boyfriend) I am completely content and okay to be around them, and I am close friends with a couple if them. I suppose you just have to be comfortable and confident in yourself and your sexuality (as in your enjoyment of sex and not feel ashamed or awkward for it).

My advice, don't get with people in the future if you think it'll end up being awkward.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending