gingeforlife
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So all of my applications came back unsuccessful for PGCE primary courses. What happens now? I really find that its difficult to get information for the UCAS site about this.

The track website gives me the option to 'substitute' choices. What does this mean? Can I input some new courses to be considered for?

Any help or advice is much appreciated as I am really struggling with what to do next!:eek:
Hollywood Hogan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Apply to UCL for a masters, and then teach in a private school.
Veggiechic6
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you received rejections within 7 days of submitting your application? If so, you can switch out your choices for other universities. If you read the main PGCE application 2015 thread, other people have done this. I believe you can substitute the course and the university; it's like getting more than the original 3 chances to get a place. You need to do it quickly though, as it can only be done in the first 7 days of applying.

If you've missed the 7 day window, the next stage is to wait until January, when 'Apply 2' begins in UCAS. This is like clearing, you apply to one university at a time who still is listing vacancies, and keep going until you get an offer.
gingeforlife
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Veggiechic6)
Have you received rejections within 7 days of submitting your application? If so, you can switch out your choices for other universities. If you read the main PGCE application 2015 thread, other people have done this. I believe you can substitute the course and the university; it's like getting more than the original 3 chances to get a place. You need to do it quickly though, as it can only be done in the first 7 days of applying.

If you've missed the 7 day window, the next stage is to wait until January, when 'Apply 2' begins in UCAS. This is like clearing, you apply to one university at a time who still is listing vacancies, and keep going until you get an offer.
Wow! I have read everywhere and I didn't see that. UCAS course search and the university prospectus had different information about course requirements for the uni I allied to. Which resulted in 2 choices being unsuccessful within a few days!

Life saver!
alhayatlanguages
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just keep concentrate on study. Don’t worry better luck next time. You may join study centre for better learning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (55)
28.95%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.89%
No I am happy with my choice (105)
55.26%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (15)
7.89%

Watched Threads