The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee University 2015 Applicants

Hi all,

I have made this thread for applicants applying to the University of Dundee for the 2015 cycle.

Personally I am applying for Computer Science (UCAS Code: G400) and I am an IB Student.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dentistry 2015 Applicants, please see this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2973391
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Hey, thanks for making this thread!

I've applied for dentistry 2015 entry.

Hoping to hear back from Dundee soon as it is my first choice. Any other dental applicants here???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by arbucks
Hey, thanks for making this thread!

I've applied for dentistry 2015 entry.

Hoping to hear back from Dundee soon as it is my first choice. Any other dental applicants here???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck with your dentistry application :smile: Does remind me of something, I need to schedule an appointment with my orthodontist because I have not seen him for some time.

What are your other choices?
Reply 4
Original post by Akbar1
Good luck with your dentistry application :smile: Does remind me of something, I need to schedule an appointment with my orthodontist because I have not seen him for some time.

What are your other choices?

Hahahahaha,

I've also applied for Cardiff, Newcastle, Sheffield!

What about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by arbucks
Hahahahaha,

I've also applied for Cardiff, Newcastle, Sheffield!

What about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied to University of Glasgow, University of Aberdeen, Queen Mary (University of London) and University of Nottingham! All for Computer Science (G400)
I have applied for Psychology a bit over a week ago. Has anyone got an offer yet?
Reply 7
I am applying for history and politics and for direct entry into 2nd year. I'm also applying for York, Queens Belfast, St Andrews and Glasgow, and all History and Politics, and I'm hoping to send away next week. (My school had a school show this year so my teacher reference is not complete yet; thanks, school, I've only been ready to send for a month now.)
Guys as a first year Dundee student I speak from some experience, sort of. Dundee is awesome! Best choice ever to come here!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by bennebenne111
Guys as a first year Dundee student I speak from some experience, sort of. Dundee is awesome! Best choice ever to come here!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heard the university is really good for the sciences and this motivated me in making an application.

What is the social life in Dundee like? Do you ever feel isolated from the rest of the country given the city of Dundee is located some distance from other cities?
Original post by Akbar1
Heard the university is really good for the sciences and this motivated me in making an application.

What is the social life in Dundee like? Do you ever feel isolated from the rest of the country given the city of Dundee is located some distance from other cities?

I'm not too sure about the sciences part, but the social life in Dundee is AMAZING! The student union here is number 1 in Scotland and something like 4 in the UK so nights out are brilliant! You don't feel isolated much at all because your normally with friends and stuff but it's not difficult to get around. It's like 8 pounds to get to Edinburgh and takes about an hour or so :smile:
Reply 11
I'm not too sure about the sciences part, but the social life in Dundee is AMAZING! The student union here is number 1 in Scotland and something like 4 in the UK so nights out are brilliant! You don't feel isolated much at all because your normally with friends and stuff but it's not difficult to get around. It's like 8 pounds to get to Edinburgh and takes about an hour or so :smile:

That sounds good :smile: Looking forwards to study there if I get an offer.

What course are you studying out of interest?
Original post by Akbar1
That sounds good :smile: Looking forwards to study there if I get an offer.

What course are you studying out of interest?

I do mechanical engineering :smile: it's really good :smile: what are you looking to study?
Reply 13
I do mechanical engineering :smile: it's really good :smile: what are you looking to study?

Sounds interesting, I know a few lads in my school that aspire to study mechanical engineering in the US and the UK.

Hopefully Computer Science if I get an offer. Doing the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at school.
Original post by Akbar1
Sounds interesting, I know a few lads in my school that aspire to study mechanical engineering in the US and the UK.

Hopefully Computer Science if I get an offer. Doing the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at school.

Sounds good :smile: I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Swagalicious
Dundee, lol have fun never having a job that pays taxes! Or never even having a job at all!

Out of interest, why do you say that?
Reply 16
You're an IB student? Is it harder than A Levels, do you think? I've a friend who does IB (she lives in Pakistan now) but she thinks my A Levels are harder!
Reply 17
Original post by CescaD96
You're an IB student? Is it harder than A Levels, do you think? I've a friend who does IB (she lives in Pakistan now) but she thinks my A Levels are harder!

Like A Levels, doing IB requires commitment and a willingness to learn from your mistakes. If you have such traits along with good time management skills then you can cope with the IB.

However to address your question, the reason why people think IB is harder than A Levels is because to get the IB Diploma you have to take 6 subjects (including a foreign language, first language, mathematics, humanities subject, science and arts (elective)) plus the components of core which include Theory of Knowledge, CAS and Extended Essay.
Reply 18
Original post by Akbar1
Like A Levels, doing IB requires commitment and a willingness to learn from your mistakes. If you have such traits along with good time management skills then you can cope with the IB.

However to address your question, the reason why people think IB is harder than A Levels is because to get the IB Diploma you have to take 6 subjects (including a foreign language, first language, mathematics, humanities subject, science and arts (elective)) plus the components of core which include Theory of Knowledge, CAS and Extended Essay.

Oh dear. I'm now happy I do 4 A Levels. I wouldn't cope. I did 2 languages and Additional Maths at GCSE, and that nearly killed me. I also detest science. I'm only good at humanities subjects.
Original post by CescaD96
It might not be, but some of the courses have better modules to choose from than other unis. And you don't want to be stuck doing modules you hate, right?

That seems a fair point.

Quick Reply

Latest