Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

MSc Nursing at The University of Huddersfield

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BlondieDJ13
Oh well that's good then cos I hate presentations! Is it worth starting my APL now then would you say? Just in case?
My degree is in psychology I got a 2:1 and graduated last year so I'm hoping they'll find it suitable.
That would be great if you can please? I really want to be prepared for it!! X

I hate them too, and i had never done one before that Interview haha!
You degree will be fine cos I'm currently writing an essay that is on psychological and sociological influences haha
You could start it yes I remember it taking me a while but I was being over the top with it cos i was scared of missing something out so haha
have you had to have done so many hours in a healthcare field aswell?
my email address is [email protected]
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
I did a few as part of my degree but they still made me jittery and panicky!
Yeah I'm hoping they will take it alongside my work experience as psychology can play a massive part in mental health. Is this your first assignment?
Do you think if I email them they will send me the template to get started or does that look over keen? :/
You have to do so many practical and theory hours as part of the APL don't you? Think it adds up to 880? I've been volunteering for over a year now and currently working in the setting.
Thank you I shall drop you a message now :smile: x
Hi, I also have an interview for the MSc nursing at Huddersfield coming up soon. I was wondering if anybody knew if the presentation is delivered in front of the other applicants or just in front of a small panel?
Reply 23
Original post by Keiron-Lou
Hi, I also have an interview for the MSc nursing at Huddersfield coming up soon. I was wondering if anybody knew if the presentation is delivered in front of the other applicants or just in front of a small panel?

Hi it's in front of a small panel and not the other applicants :smile: x
That calms my nerves abit, thank you!
Reply 25
Original post by lauren2592
Well I was classed as a late applicant because I had originally applied for the BSC course-not knowing about the masters and then they got in touch with my asking me if i was interested in the masters... so once I had done my interview etc i found out within about a week that I had a place.
Have you got to complete an APL Document?
In my interview we had to do a presentation, then had a group interview and then an individual one - it was a long day ha! I don't know if you will have the same process though...

Hi lauren, i am interested in the msc nursing too, please can you advise what the teaching timetable is like, i.e how many days a week, times. what sizes are the classes, i belive theres a lot fewer places than on the bsc.
Thank you
Reply 26

Hi kerion -lou' congrats on getting an interview. Have you had this yet? Good luck if not. What branch are you interest in?
Reply 27
Original post by Vcg
Hi lauren, i am interested in the msc nursing too, please can you advise what the teaching timetable is like, i.e how many days a week, times. what sizes are the classes, i belive theres a lot fewer places than on the bsc.
Thank you

Hey! I was in uni from jam to beginnings of March for only 8 hours a week split over 3 days :smile: then from March till August I'm on placement for 30 hours a week (tendstonwork out as 4 days a week unless you do long days) we have had a few reading weeks amongst all that tho. :smile:
On my course there is only 18 of us but I know for the next intake they are taking a few more! Lectures are nicer tho because it's just the 18 of us and then we are split off into our branches when we have our skills session. :smile: hope this helps!
Reply 28
Hey! I was in uni from jam to beginnings of March for only 8 hours a week split over 3 days :smile: then from March till August I'm on placement for 30 hours a week (tendstonwork out as 4 days a week unless you do long days) we have had a few reading weeks amongst all that tho. :smile:
On my course there is only 18 of us but I know for the next intake they are taking a few more! Lectures are nicer tho because it's just the 18 of us and then we are split off into our branches when we have our skills session. :smile: hope this helps!

Wow that interesting. I expected it to be much more intense with it being 2 years, like 9-5 5 days a week for teaching! 18 over the 4 branches isnt much, must be a very difficult and competative process. Are you able to manage a job alongside the course?
Reply 29
Original post by Vcg
Wow that interesting. I expected it to be much more intense with it being 2 years, like 9-5 5 days a week for teaching! 18 over the 4 branches isnt much, must be a very difficult and competative process. Are you able to manage a job alongside the course?

So did I but because it's masters level you have to do a lot of independent learning. So we have had to teach ourselves anatomy and physiology.
I've managed to do bank shifts yeah and I know some have kept there jobs on but they don't advise it. You will be fine working whilst in uni it's just when your on placement it's harder :smile: x
Reply 30
So did I but because it's masters level you have to do a lot of independent learning. So we have had to teach ourselves anatomy and physiology.
I've managed to do bank shifts yeah and I know some have kept there jobs on but they don't advise it. You will be fine working whilst in uni it's just when your on placement it's harder :smile: x

Thanks lauren youve been a great help. I have two youngs kids and a mortgage so its a scary thought going back to uni and being skint!! What you interested in going into when you qualify?
Just applied for this masters in mental health nursing... Any idea when interviews are held?
Reply 32
Original post by rachelkoeman
Just applied for this masters in mental health nursing... Any idea when interviews are held?

Hi i think some are being held this month but they may be holding them over thw next few month. Have u looked into other places too? X
Original post by Vcg
Hi i think some are being held this month but they may be holding them over thw next few month. Have u looked into other places too? X

yes i have! doing an interview for the university of nottingham tomorrow and have already done an interview in UCLAN.

You? x
Reply 34
Original post by rachelkoeman
yes i have! doing an interview for the university of nottingham tomorrow and have already done an interview in UCLAN.

You? x

Congrats to u on getting interviews. I was going to apply to salford but they said already filled the masters places a few month back!? Got to be bloody quick with these applications! I have kids, house etc so cant apply too far. Good luck with your interviews, let us know how u get on. X
Original post by Vcg
Hi kerion -lou' congrats on getting an interview. Have you had this yet? Good luck if not. What branch are you interest in?

Hiya, no I haven't had it yet, it's this week Thank you i'm very nervous! Im interested in Mental Health Nursing.
Reply 36
Hiya, no I haven't had it yet, it's this week Thank you i'm very nervous! Im interested in Mental Health Nursing.

Hey how are you? How did you get on with your interview!
Hey just wondering if anyone has heard back from Huddersfield yet?

How did the interview go at uclan? X
I have heard back, they have offered a conditional place based on the APL document (which seems so hard!)
Reply 39
I have heard back, they have offered a conditional place based on the APL document (which seems so hard!)

Congrats. How did u find the day, was it tough going? Did u say you currently work in healthcare, im sure you'll manage the apl fine. X

Quick Reply

Latest