ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I keep losing my wi-fi connection today on Windows 8.1. This was not happening yesterday, it was all fine but today every 10 minutes I have to reconnect to my wi-fi. The hub for wi-fi works fine, my ipad has the wi-fi either.

What could be the problem and how to fix it?
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ForgetMe)
I keep losing my wi-fi connection today on Windows 8.1. This was not happening yesterday, it was all fine but today every 10 minutes I have to reconnect to my wi-fi. The hub for wi-fi works fine, my ipad has the wi-fi either.

This is on a laptop or desktop I'm assuming? Have you used your tablet in the same location?
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chlorophile)
This is on a laptop or desktop I'm assuming? Have you used your tablet in the same location?
Laptop. The ipad is in the same room and same location and works just fine.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Laptop. The ipad is in the same room and same location and works just fine.
I'm guessing you've tried restarting your computer and physically turning the wifi switch on the laptop off and on again?
Kool_Panda
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Always happens to me on 8.1. Just switch it off and back on again and it should be fine.
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
I'm guessing you've tried restarting your computer and physically turning the wifi switch on the laptop off and on again?
You mean in the panel or there is some button on the exterior of the laptop that I do not know about? :unsure:

(Original post by Kool_Panda)
Always happens to me on 8.1. Just switch it off and back on again and it should be fine.
But doesn't it come back again, I mean the problem?

It seems that after doing uncheck option in power management tab, haven't disconnected for now, I hope this will be a permanent Wrong, just disconnected again several times :erm: It's getting on my nerves
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
I've tried many solutions but seems that none working. I'm going to try the last one and if it won't help, I'm taking my laptop back tomorrow to PC World and they will have to fix it
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You mean in the panel or there is some button on the exterior of the laptop that I do not know about? :unsure:
A lot of laptops have a wifi switch or button, have a look to see if you can see anything with a symbol like this
Attached files
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
A lot of laptops have a wifi switch or button, have a look to see if you can see anything with a symbol like this
Oh yeah I did switch that button on and then off, but the issue still remained. I'm thinking of taking the laptop for repairs since it's still under guarantee as I only got it this Monday. I believe there's a fault with wifi driver or something because I've tried many solutions and none worked. Thank you anyways
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh yeah I did switch that button on and then off, but the issue still remained. I'm thinking of taking the laptop for repairs since it's still under guarantee as I only got it this Monday. I believe there's a fault with wifi driver or something because I've tried many solutions and none worked. Thank you anyways
Probably the best idea. If that doesn't work come back but they'll probably be able to be helpful!
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Probably the best idea. If that doesn't work come back but they'll probably be able to be helpful!
Well, they have to because I've paid a lot of money for this crap
Brother Quantum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What's your laptop's make and model?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (68)
15.38%
Uncertainty around my education (77)
17.42%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (41)
9.28%
Isolating with family (27)
6.11%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (18)
4.07%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (36)
8.14%
Loneliness (43)
9.73%
Financial worries (15)
3.39%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (43)
9.73%
Exposure to negative news/social media (31)
7.01%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (43)
9.73%

Watched Threads