Was Hitler morally 'wrong?' Watch

This discussion is closed.
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Maskal|)
Am I missing something here? No of course there is nothing wrong about murdering 6 000 000 men, women and children [sarcasm]. FFS what an idiot.
this is exactly the kind of thing that i hate. Old, respected member starts a thread, new, unknown member comes in insulting. Good way to join
Cretin
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
this is exactly the kind of thing that i hate. Old, respected member starts a thread, new, unknown member comes in insulting. Good way to join
STFU

6 000 000

In fact the estimation is over 6 000 000.

6 000 000 (+) innocent men, women and children

I completely agree, with the statement you are responding to.

You are communcicating irrelevant *******s about something that you (or even myself) could not comprehend.

A respected member starts a thread? A new member comes in 'insulting'? Shut up you are an imbecile. Shut your ****ing mouth.
Powerline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Calm down! Theres nothing to get angry about!
txt_eva
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Welll...

Hitler stood up for what he believed him, thats a good thing.

But.

He hated Jew's and all relations of Jews... so I guess that includes his Grandmother- a jew so Hitler was one-quarter Jewish ( and his dad was illegitimate.)

He liked the strong blond haired blue eyed german... Hitler was a black haired, brown eyed Austrian.

He hated those with deformities of all kind, remember that the disablied were treated as the Jews, Gays, Blacks & Gypsys.

The Nazi's were against wearing lots of make up etc, yet Hitlers misstress, later his wife (If only for a day. The next day she committed suicide by swallowing poison, two minutes before Hitler took his own life.)... is described as "a glamorous blonde". Not the homely type so wanted for the Nazi's. (Her name was Eva Braun).

If he could truely say he stuck to his morals then maybe there was some justificatino... but he didn't even do that.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Morals are so subjective. I don't believe we should make judgements like this.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by starry)
Morals are so subjective. I don't believe we should make judgements like this.
A lot of people are offended by this thread, and I was intrigued to say the least when I saw the title. But after reading the actual thread I saw it was more of a socialogical question rather than "Was it good that Hitler slaughtered more than 6 million Jews?" I myself am Jewish, so I should be one to be offended, but am not. I do however feel it was slightly tactless to make this the main topic of the thread, along with a stand out title. It maybe would have been a better idea to make the topic something along the lines of "What defines our morals?", with the Holocaust as an example rather than as the focus. However, this is not the case, but maybe some people who have been offended should see it as being so, since it is effectively the question that is being asked.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Cretin)
STFU

6 000 000

In fact the estimation is over 6 000 000.

6 000 000 (+) innocent men, women and children

I completely agree, with the statement you are responding to.

You are communcicating irrelevant *******s about something that you (or even myself) could not comprehend.

A respected member starts a thread? A new member comes in 'insulting'? Shut up you are an imbecile. Shut your ****ing mouth.
first of all, i have no idea what you are talking about or why you are mad at me, in case u didn't notice, my comment had nothing to do with you. Second of all, insulting will get you no where, so f off.
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
first of all, i have no idea what you are talking about or why you are mad at me, in case u didn't notice, my comment had nothing to do with you. Second of all, insulting will get you no where, so f off.
just tell him you are jewish and he will shut up
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
just tell him you are jewish and he will shut up
he would just go on some long drawn out rant no doubt
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
A lot of people are offended by this thread, and I was intrigued to say the least when I saw the title. But after reading the actual thread I saw it was more of a socialogical question rather than "Was it good that Hitler slaughtered more than 6 million Jews?" I myself am Jewish, so I should be one to be offended, but am not. I do however feel it was slightly tactless to make this the main topic of the thread, along with a stand out title. It maybe would have been a better idea to make the topic something along the lines of "What defines our morals?", with the Holocaust as an example rather than as the focus. However, this is not the case, but maybe some people who have been offended should see it as being so, since it is effectively the question that is being asked.
As the thread starter (many many moons ago) I just want to say I'm sorry for any offense caused to you, or any one else for that matter. I don't condone any directions in which the thread has gone. The original point of the thread as I recall was more one about morality, than one against Hitler and the Jews. Maybe I should have chosen a less heated title for the thread... but it has generated a lot of interest.

Anyway.

Ed
roseonthegrave
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
Was Hitler wrong to kill the Jews? There is an argument that he wasn't which goes something like this.

What we determine to me morally 'right' or 'wrong' is more an indicator of public opinion at a given time rather than being anything objective. A few hundered years ago many people around the world accepted slavery as being morally ok. Fast forward a few hundered years and you reach a stage where it has suddenly become 'wrong'. Objectively though, nothing has changed. All that has changed is public opinion.

Now think of Hitler Germany. Hitler had the support of many Germans when he systematically exterminated the Jews. Don't get me wrong, I personally think what Hilter did was wrong and one of the worst eras of documented history I know of but that is subjective it is nothing more than an opinion. But objectively, morally, was Hitler wrong?

Gets you thinking. Or gets me thinking anyway...
It's like you said, morality is a concept induced by socity. It's the old "nothing is good or bad" argument. Things are what they are and it depends what perspective you look at them from.

I think.
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Petrozzi)
An Aryan is typically somebody that has Blonde hair and Blue eyes. Hitler considered these people possessing the strongest of the gene pools. But Hitler was also homosexuals and killed lots of homosexuals because he was in denial, so go figure.
Nope you are wrong. Aryans are and were a superrace that divided thousands of years ago and formed civilisations across europe and the middle east. Most of them are currently concentrated in germany, iran, italy and croatia.
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by zazy)
Nope you are wrong. Aryans are and were a superrace that divided thousands of years ago and formed civilisations across europe and the middle east. Most of them are currently concentrated in germany, iran, italy and croatia.
By the way i don't mean super race as higher and superior..I mean in quantity and the fact that they were pioneers where culture, language and civilisation due to their age.
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by zazy)
By the way i don't mean super race as higher and superior..I mean in quantity and the fact that they were pioneers where culture, language and civilisation due to their age.
Thats a pretty stupid post because the Chinese pioneered a lot of stuff to and how the hell can an aryan live in iran?
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
Thats a pretty stupid post because the Chinese pioneered a lot of stuff to and how the hell can an aryan live in iran?
Munie u just don't understand what you're talking about 80-90% of iran are aryans in roots :eek: and aryans go as far as 5-6000 yrs ago
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by zazy)
Munie u just don't understand what you're talking about 80-90% of iran are aryans in roots :eek: and aryans go as far as 5-6000 yrs ago
Im guessing you are Iranian and are probably a racist and don't want to accept the fact that you are not aryan but then again i could be wrong
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
Im guessing you are Iranian and are probably a racist and don't want to accept the fact that you are not aryan but then again i could be wrong
i'm mixed my mum is english and my dad is what he calls himself iranian(russian,italian,turkish ) but he's not an aryan.
i have studied the history of aryans though
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But i do understand that you are taking the factual meaning of the word to get the Iranians part but that is no longer in use, the meanings are explained below

Indo-Iranian. No longer in technical use.
A member of the people who spoke the parent language of the Indo-European languages. No longer in technical use.
A member of any people speaking an Indo-European language. No longer in technical use.
In Nazism and neo-Nazism, a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially one of Nordic type, supposed to be part of a master race.
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
But i do understand that you are taking the factual meaning of the word to get the Iranians part but that is no longer in use, the meanings are explained below

Indo-Iranian. No longer in technical use.
A member of the people who spoke the parent language of the Indo-European languages. No longer in technical use.
A member of any people speaking an Indo-European language. No longer in technical use.
In Nazism and neo-Nazism, a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially one of Nordic type, supposed to be part of a master race.
got some links here for you mate, both objective and subjective;
http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/ANCINDIA/ARYANS.HTM
[I]
http://www.tuhl.freeserve.co.uk/tuhl_myth_of_aryans_and_non_arya ns.htm
http://www.livius.org/ap-ark/arians/arians.html
Although i don't fully agree with the these resources here's some stuff!!
Maskal|
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by txt_eva)
He hated Jew's and all relations of Jews... so I guess that includes his Grandmother- a jew so Hitler was one-quarter Jewish ( and his dad was illegitimate.).
WRONG THERE IS NO EVIDENCE AND IT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY THAT HITLER HAD ANY JEWISH ANCESORY, THAT IS A WIDELY HELD MISCONCEPTION.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.28%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.52%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.84%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.36%

Watched Threads