Turn on thread page Beta

Was Hitler morally 'wrong?' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think he was wrong he was a hippocrit he wanted a perfect race and he was not perfect in his eyes he did not have blode hair and blue eyes. It could of been said already. Anyway we inventeed the gas chambers so we are partly to blame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ro_jay)
    I think he was wrong he was a hippocrit he wanted a perfect race and he was not perfect in his eyes he did not have blode hair and blue eyes. It could of been said already. Anyway we inventeed the gas chambers so we are partly to blame.
    You cannot blame the person who invented the gas chambers for Nazi genocide, is the person who invented the AK-47 responsible for all the deaths caused by that rifle?

ReputationRep:
    wasnt it a german company that made the gas chambers?

ReputationRep:
    We had the original idea of them but he took them too the exteame.

ReputationRep:
    We had the original idea of them but he took them too the exteame.
    SO how does that make us to blame. We never told him to use them and if we had not have inc=vented them then someone ele would of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    You cannot blame the person who invented the gas chambers for Nazi genocide, is the person who invented the AK-47 responsible for all the deaths caused by that rifle?
    fantastic weapon, far more reliable than the M16, although the reduced shell diameter on the AK-74 gives better flesh penetration and damage so ive been told.

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of Iraq:

Surely a major point is that, although Saddam was (and probably still is) an evil man who oppressed his people, the reason given for the war to both Americans and Brits was the there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Where are they? Isn't it morally wrong to mislead your citizens to get them to fight and die in a war? I'd have checked my facts a bit more if I were Bush or Blair.

Oh yeah, and having poked my nose into a couple of discussions recently where it doubtless wasn't wanted, I guess I ought to say hello properly at some point! So hi, I'm Nicky, nice to meet everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickyB)
    On the subject of Iraq:

Surely a major point is that, although Saddam was (and probably still is) an evil man who oppressed his people, the reason given for the war to both Americans and Brits was the there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Where are they? Isn't it morally wrong to mislead your citizens to get them to fight and die in a war? I'd have checked my facts a bit more if I were Bush or Blair.

Oh yeah, and having poked my nose into a couple of discussions recently where it doubtless wasn't wanted, I guess I ought to say hello properly at some point! So hi, I'm Nicky, nice to meet everyone
    hi.
    this has been discussed at length elsewhere, and while id like to give my factual account of the political events surrounding the Iraq issue, i dont want to enrage the vienna-is-talking-out-of-her-pro-Bush-inhumane-arse-obviously-its-all-for-the-oil-and-the-empire posters.
    sorry. if you'd like to discuss it privately or wait for someone else to start a new thread then be my guest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    hi.
    this has been discussed at length elsewhere, and while id like to give my factual account of the political events surrounding the Iraq issue, i dont want to enrage the vienna-is-talking-out-of-her-pro-Bush-inhumane-arse-obviously-its-all-for-the-oil-and-the-empire posters.
    sorry. if you'd like to discuss it privately or wait for someone else to start a new thread then be my guest.

OK!

ReputationRep:
    [Wot the hells stuck up ur a**e

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romiya)
    [Wot the hells stuck up ur a**e

D'you mean me? Nothing, thanks, you're alone with that problem! I suggest you go see a doctor. And maybe try being polite to new people who are only trying to get orientated? Just a suggestion.

Not meaning to be nasty or anything, I just don't appreciate being insulted when I'm only trying to say hello!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    fantastic weapon, far more reliable than the M16, although the reduced shell diameter on the AK-74 gives better flesh penetration and damage so ive been told.
    Yeah, but i'll always be a fan of the Uzi.

(Original post by Unregistered)
    I hate to look for any justification for Hitler's leadership, but I kind of see the eutopia he was after. A few hundred years down the line and all the human race would be perfect intelligent strong and the terribleness of what it took to get there would be remembered as only history.

However, his idea of perfect is not the same as mine; blond hair blue eyes, no Jews all that to me is complete rubbish.
    No, the ideas were fundementally flawed. They put way too much emphasis on inheriting qualities from the parents, and seemed to have a lamarkistic view point to retardation, and weakness.
    Jamie

i belive that that the world today has NO RIGHT to comment on Hitler, NO RIGHT to MANIPULATE HIS SPEECHES AND QUOTES, the world has no right to hide the truth no matter what the truth is!

Israel- country
    No OIL, No arrable Land, No economically strong neighburs, No nothing
    .. there is something strange because:
    there is WAR, israel has NUKES, israel has money?!?!?! israel has political influence ?!?!? population 3 mil people?!?!

I am free to ask why, WHY IS IT AS IT IS?
    I dont care if 6 mil. or 1666 mil. jews died in WWII, i want to know WHY DID HITLER SEE THEM AS A THREATH ? And i know he wasnt stupid, he has an EXCELLENT Politician, that is a fact of history that no one NO ONE CAN ERASE!!!!

i like him because of his strength not because of his war!
    i do not like Israel but i have nothing against the jews as people.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)

I some how believe you are biased, but then again i alsodon't like Israel,
    but the question i'd like to ask and please feel free to attack my claims as i have not resaerched this but Israel should'nt have been a country , was'nt it created becasue the Jews had no home, no country to call their own in some respect and becasue of the high displacement of the Jews, a country was made???? (don't get it)

Also how come israle is so rich, Millions put in by the Us for Aid but get spent on weapons.. hum real gr8

why aren;t there any boundaries for Palestian land and why is Israel occupying Palestian land, if i am correct most Islamic Fundermentalists come form the surrounding Arab nations

more conflict more death more Israeli deaths more Palestian Deaths
    ... equals infinity
    Reply please (sorry for bad grammar

ReputationRep:
    I think that is is wrong and that nobody should be killed because of their race, sex, or anyhting else that differs them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    With regards to Hitler being morally wrong - of course he was! Anti-semitism is sick, and Hitler was evil beyond repentance. However, he was a great leader and did many beneficial things for the German people (ie. the construction of autobahns). Don't think that I am in favour of what Hitler did - quite the opposite, my mother is jewish after all.

A lot of people seem to despise Hitler, yet overlook the suffering that Stalin caused as well. It is probable that Stalin killed twice as many people as Hitler - and he was just as predjudiced against jews. The gulaks (concentration camps) that he set up were the final resting place of many intellectuals, gypsies and other unfavoured social classes. The estimated amount of people that Stalin killed was around 17 million - quite significant in comparison to the 6 million or so Hitler was responsible for having killed.

P.S. Tednol, you are an Aryan *******.
    See I think of Francisco Franco now when Hitler gets mentioned. He hated Jews, he hated all faiths other than Roman Catholic, and he killed approx. one million people as well as turning Spain into a cultural wilderness for the best part of 30 years because he killed them if they argued with his way of governing. He also let Hitler bomb Guernica simply because it was in the Basque country and he wanted to teach the Basque population that he wasn't to be messed with. Of course these are morally wrong, but Franco also did a lot for Spain in terms of boosting their economy (Spain would still be a developing country if it wasn't for Franco) and getting them entered into the UN. Bombing Guernica also turned out to be a pretty good move because Hitler subsequently saw Spain as an allie and kept them out of the rest of WW2...possibly saving a greater number of lives.
    See there are upsides and downsides to everything here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Lory)
    See I think of Francisco Franco now when Hitler gets mentioned. He hated Jews, he hated all faiths other than Roman Catholic, and he killed approx. one million people as well as turning Spain into a cultural wilderness for the best part of 30 years because he killed them if they argued with his way of governing. He also let Hitler bomb Guernica simply because it was in the Basque country and he wanted to teach the Basque population that he wasn't to be messed with. Of course these are morally wrong, but Franco also did a lot for Spain in terms of boosting their economy (Spain would still be a developing country if it wasn't for Franco) and getting them entered into the UN. Bombing Guernica also turned out to be a pretty good move because Hitler subsequently saw Spain as an allie and kept them out of the rest of WW2...possibly saving a greater number of lives.
    See there are upsides and downsides to everything here...
    FRANCO ES UNA MIERDA. FACHO.
    Y HITLER TAMBIEN POR SUPUESTO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    FRANCO ES UNA MIERDA. FACHO.
    Y HITLER TAMBIEN POR SUPUESTO.
    Lo siento, mi español no es perfecto...soy de acuerdo con las cosas que dije pero Franco era fundamental en ayudado España. Hay UNAS cosas positivas sobre el regimen de Franco.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.