This discussion is closed.
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Angel Lory)
Lo siento, mi español no es perfecto...soy de acuerdo con las cosas que dije pero Franco era fundamental en ayudado España. Hay UNAS cosas positivas sobre el regimen de Franco.
Si, que se haya acabado.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
mind you Franco managed to get the trains to run on time lol.... that was probably the one good thing he did
Angel Lory
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
mind you Franco managed to get the trains to run on time lol.... that was probably the one good thing he did
*bursts into laughter* maybe Labour could learn a thing or two from him hehe
CasperUK
Report 16 years ago
I take it that most of you do not look beyond Hitler and his genocide campaigns which i find really ignorant. The USA has these types of campaigns everywhere around the world. In Kosovo there are still ethnic clensing campaigns going on againt the Muslims by Serbs and just remember although Hitler killed 6 million Jews, Gypsies, Poles, Homosexuals, Communists etc etc, Stalin and the Communists killed over 60 million people , mainly farming communites, so let the Hitler thing drop as its been done to death - yes he was wrong, as is anyone who has these types of views, its just life, thank God we're not living in opressed regimes.
tommyg116
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i think hitler was just being prejiduce to people that did NOT have blonde hair and blue eyes. God made us just the way he wants us. What would the world be like if we all had the same description and appearance?
Toppa-Toppa
Report 16 years ago
Yesw
Toppa-Toppa
Report 16 years ago
Yes he was
Angel Lory
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd also like to know why he thought blonde, blue eyed people were superior, when in fact blue eyes are a mutation. Early man had dark skin and brown eyes, so that makes all blue eyed people mutants...mwhahahaha sorry...got a bit carried away lol
miss Spelled
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hitler was wrong, he was a jew him self. But there have been worse people then him like starlin. He was a russian dictator at the time and he offered to help hitler. He personaly orded the death by, fireing squade/ gass/ drowing/beating up/used for genetical expseincments of 60 million russians over a 30 year + peroid but no one talks about that nutter. Then a gay that was less a pain but still very stupid, how is currenlty in the EU for war crimes against humanity.

They are wrong, very very very wrong all life is scarid, and if you think that scary and girl killed her self at my college and her paren't new all about it before hand and they did nothing to stop it!!

its a mad world
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by miss Spelled)
its a mad world
May you live in interesting times.
miss Spelled
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
May we all live in intresting times, and let us learn from the mistakes of the best, eg don't take over russian in the middle of winter as it gets down to -40 + at the best of times. Never follow a short frenchmen into war, and never start a war in germany
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hitler was the most evil man to ever walk ths earth.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
hitler was the most evil man to ever walk ths earth.
But he had some awesome competition........Stalin, Pol Pot, Margaret Thatcher........
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
Was Hitler wrong to kill the Jews? There is an argument that he wasn't which goes something like this.

What we determine to me morally 'right' or 'wrong' is more an indicator of public opinion at a given time rather than being anything objective. A few hundered years ago many people around the world accepted slavery as being morally ok. Fast forward a few hundered years and you reach a stage where it has suddenly become 'wrong'. Objectively though, nothing has changed. All that has changed is public opinion.

Now think of Hitler Germany. Hitler had the support of many Germans when he systematically exterminated the Jews. Don't get me wrong, I personally think what Hilter did was wrong and one of the worst eras of documented history I know of but that is subjective it is nothing more than an opinion. But objectively, morally, was Hitler wrong?

Gets you thinking. Or gets me thinking anyway...
You didn't consider to what extent he had the support of the germans, they were terribly repressed during that time. In that period it was seen as morally wrong as is now, lots of german's spoke out against it as well. Also you have to consider to what extent Hitler had power over the third reich, i would argue himmler had a more anti-semitic attitude then him. Anyway i perosnally think he was morally wrong, although he probably felt he was morally right. Stalin was just as bad as him but i guess at least he wasn't facist. As much as i hate hitler's policies i've got to say he was a brilliant leader from what i've studied.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
But he had some awesome competition........Stalin, Pol Pot, Margaret Thatcher........
Hey! Don't diss the Iron Lady... If edders were here then he would not be best-pleased.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Hey! Don't diss the Iron Lady... If edders were here then he would not be best-pleased.
Margaret Thatcher...sigh...where do i start...lol
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
You didn't consider to what extent he had the support of the germans, they were terribly repressed during that time. In that period it was seen as morally wrong as is now, lots of german's spoke out against it as well. Also you have to consider to what extent Hitler had power over the third reich, i would argue himmler had a more anti-semitic attitude then him. Anyway i perosnally think he was morally wrong, although he probably felt he was morally right. Stalin was just as bad as him but i guess at least he wasn't facist. As much as i hate hitler's policies i've got to say he was a brilliant leader from what i've studied.
Yes, despite his evilness and general anti-semitism, he was a great man, who did a lot of great things for Germany (ie. taking a completely bankrupt country and turning it into the most powerful country in Europe). Whilst his policies towards Jews, homosexuals, gypsies, etc. were extremely sick, if he had never caused the holocaust, then he would probably be remembered as one of the greatest leaders of the 20th century.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Margaret Thatcher...sigh...where do i start...lol
Let's see..... possibly the greatest prime minister since the war would do nicely.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Let's see..... possibly the greatest prime minister since the war would do nicely.
The most hypocritical i'd say, who was really more interested in her self image rather than the people.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The most hypocritical i'd say, who was really more interested in her self image rather than the people.
How can you say that, in modern politics, self-image is not paramount to success?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads