This discussion is closed.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Yes, despite his evilness and general anti-semitism, he was a great man, who did a lot of great things for Germany (ie. taking a completely bankrupt country and turning it into the most powerful country in Europe). Whilst his policies towards Jews, homosexuals, gypsies, etc. were extremely sick, if he had never caused the holocaust, then he would probably be remembered as one of the greatest leaders of the 20th century.
He was vilified for his expansionary policies long before anybody discovered what exactly was going on inside the country.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How can you say that, in modern politics, self-image is not paramount to success?
That's why nobody liked her. She couldn't listen to the people, and when you don't listen to your people...you face perfect oppposition. She was so stubborn, infuriatingly stubborn! Her self image was cold, ruthless, look what she did to the miners.
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
That's why nobody liked her. She couldn't listen to the people, and when you don't listen to your people...you face perfect oppposition. She was so stubborn, infuriatingly stubborn! Her self image was cold, ruthless, look what she did to the miners.
The miners had it coming! Their jobs were antiquated, so trying to please them would have been a complete waste of money. Her wonderfully logical policies (privitisation, etc.) are probably responsible for the rich economic state that the country is in now (but this is being runied by the moronic labour party).

Perhaps it is better to have a stubborn, ruthless leader, rather than some namby-pamby 'family man' like Mr Blair.
Meerkat
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
On the subject of burning in hell, do any Christians find it hard to believe he will be in heaven if he accepted Jesus Christ before he died? I'm a Christian and I stuggle to deal with that.

I hope he's burning as we speak, thats what I honestly feel.
I feel he would actually be in heaven if he accepted Christ. God came for the sinners and not those who were righteous and holy. No matter how many evil deeds one has committed in his life, God will forgive them all if he repents and truly believes in Christ.

However, I doubt Hitler accepted Christ anyways. For no true Christian man should be taking his own life for it is stated in the Bible that it is not us who determines whether we live or die but the Lord our Father.

Just my opinion
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
He was vilified for his expansionary policies long before anybody discovered what exactly was going on inside the country.
That may be so, but his own people loved him at the time. They saw his terriotorial advances as justified (after all, the British did have the comonwealth - even Switzerland had some colonies).
bougeoursie_Roo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My family is made up of jst 5 people, thanks to hitler and stalin, 6 million minorities were murdered, including sterilising those who gave him power, this has been probably sed a kazillion times in this thread, but no, he was not right, as if any one needed to be told...
1.5 million jewish kids... CHILDREN! yeh, great man! woopdedoo for getting rid of the jews, hey, if any jews r here, anyone else want a trip to the showers???

by showing these threads you upset ppl like me, as i remember that ppl still have opinions that he was right... kinda makes me cringe at the thought that i may be persecuted for being a jew, when i have no choice in the matter...
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bougeoursie_Roo)
My family is made up of jst 5 people, thanks to hitler and stalin, 6 million minorities were murdered, including sterilising those who gave him power, this has been probably sed a kazillion times in this thread, but no, he was not right, as if any one needed to be told...
1.5 million jewish kids... CHILDREN! yeh, great man! woopdedoo for getting rid of the jews, hey, if any jews r here, anyone else want a trip to the showers???

by showing these threads you upset ppl like me, as i remember that ppl still have opinions that he was right... kinda makes me cringe at the thought that i may be persecuted for being a jew, when i have no choice in the matter...
This seems slightly over-sensitive. My family is Jewish (my great-grandfather was even in Bergen-Belsen), but I don't get offended just when people mention the Holocaust. The only way to learn from the mistakes of our forebearers are to study them.
bougeoursie_Roo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This seems slightly over-sensitive. My family is Jewish (my great-grandfather was even in Bergen-Belsen), but I don't get offended just when people mention the Holocaust. The only way to learn from the mistakes of our forebearers are to study them.
when ppl begin to ask for opinions on whether it was justified or not... it should be obvious, no!
also, the holocaust has not stopped anti-semitism, iv heard people openly say they'd kill a jew if they met one... excuse me for being slightly agitated that there r still ppl out there
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bougeoursie_Roo)
when ppl begin to ask for opinions on whether it was justified or not... it should be obvious, no!
also, the holocaust has not stopped anti-semitism, iv heard people openly say they'd kill a jew if they met one... excuse me for being slightly agitated that there r still ppl out there
Of course the holocaust wasn't justified. There is no way anyone could ever come to the conclusion that it was. Whilst I recognise that anti-semitism is rife, I doubt that these people who discriminate are likely to be any more than thugs and drunkards, the type who it's best to avoid whatever race you are.

If you look back to page 1 or 2, then you'll see that the whole 'is anti-semitism good?' argument was quashed within about 5 posts.
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The threadstarter did not condone what Hitler did in any way. Read it before you jump in.

He was trying to define what is morally 'right' and 'wrong'. Is murder an absolute moral wrong? If enough people believe that murder is 'good', does it mean it isn't morally wrong?

I think by using the Holocaust Tednol has taken the focus away from what he was originally trying to say. People have started going on about 'if you think Hitler was right you are a *******' ... but I don't think he meant to specify Hitler. I think he just used it as an example and now its the example that has become the main issue of this thread.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
The threadstarter did not condone what Hitler did in any way. Read it before you jump in.

He was trying to define what is morally 'right' and 'wrong'. Is murder an absolute moral wrong? If enough people believe that murder is 'good', does it mean it isn't morally wrong?

I think by using the Holocaust Tednol has taken the focus away from what he was originally trying to say. People have started going on about 'if you think Hitler was right you are a *******' ... but I don't think he meant to specify Hitler. I think he just used it as an example and now its the example that has become the main issue of this thread.
The thread is called "Was Hitler Morally Wrong?". You'd be forgiven for thinking that it was about Hitler.
MurphysMoment.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In all fairness Hitler was just like anyone else around in that time; just abit more extreme.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Cardinal Newman : I'll drink to the pope, but conscious first.

If Hitler truely believed what he was doing was right, does that not make him morally ok, regardless of the action.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Cardinal Newman : I'll drink to the pope, but conscious first.

If Hitler truely believed what he was doing was right, does that not make him morally ok, regardless of the action.
Are morals synonimous (can't spell that - sorry) with belief in their subjectivity?
Nazi Vienna95
Report 16 years ago
But objectively, morally, was Hitler wrong?

No Hitler wasn't morally wrong, neither objectively nor subjectively. And it has been strongly disputed whether the holocaust actually happened. There is no concrete evidence (only circumstantial) to even support the existence of the so called 'holocaust', it is a Jewish lie nade after Germanys defeat.

Hitler was a great leader and a man of morals. The world would be a better place if he succeeded and was still here today!
Nazi Vienna95
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Are morals synonimous (can't spell that - sorry) with belief in their subjectivity?
*synonymous
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nazi Vienna95)
No Hitler wasn't morally wrong, neither objectively nor subjectively. And it has been strongly disputed whether the holocaust actually happened. There is no concrete evidence (only circumstantial) to even support the existence of the so called 'holocaust', it is a Jewish lie nade after Germanys defeat.

Hitler was a great leader and a man of morals. The world would be a better place if he succeeded and was still here today!
nice to see you back..hows things? nice avatar btw.
btw, can i reiterate that im disgusted with and in no way condone the opinions of Nazi Vienna95.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Vienna95)
nice to see you back..hows things? nice avatar btw.
btw, can i reiterate that im disgusted with and in no way condone the opinions of Nazi Vienna95.
i glad, they are untrue and very distrubing! they sound like they need some real medical help!
American Psycho
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nazi Vienna95)

The holocaust did occur. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence to show that it did. I think you are just trying to rile people and already know that (because you would have to be an absolute idiot to think it never happened). Just cool it with the anti-semitic remarks okay.
rIcHrD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
... Don't get me wrong, I personally think what Hilter did was wrong and one of the worst eras of documented history I know of but that is subjective it is nothing more than an opinion. But objectively, morally, was Hitler wrong?

Gets you thinking. Or gets me thinking anyway...
Morality and objective thinking are incompatible, as morality is a completely subjective matter.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.1%
No (603)
65.9%

Watched Threads