Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dean7337)
Thursday 27th November 2014
Langdale Hall, in Langdale Gate, Witney
7:30pm onwards

Organised by the Green Party

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/116...ep__in_Witney/

Come along.
One has to beg the question why these people aren't at work or looking for work on a Thursday.
username33685
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Reading the article....If my sister was starving I'd give her money and help her out. What the hell is wrong with these people, blaming others for their failures and now harassing a community.
MatureStudent36
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rich2606)
Reading the article....If my sister was starving I'd give her money and help her out. What the hell is wrong with these people, blaming others for their failures and now harassing a community.
It's an entitlement culture we've created over the past few decades.
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't help but think that in the period that my mum didn't have a home when she moved back to Scotland she stayed with my gran. there was no homelessness nonsense. There was also a period where she didn't have a job. How the **** does someone starve to death on benefits, even if there was a government intention to make people starve?
BitWindy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dean7337)
Organised by the Green Party
Eugh.

What would the Green Party do instead?
Moosferatu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
One has to beg the question why these people aren't at work or looking for work on a Thursday.
Maybe they have the day off.

Also it's in the evening.
Jammy Duel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BitWindy)
Eugh.

What would the Green Party do instead?
Drive the country into the ground via exorbitant borrowing and the compromising of the economy?
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Drive the country into the ground via exorbitant borrowing and the compromising of the economy?
Of course. Let's leave future generations with the problems to sort out in the future.
Jammy Duel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Of course. Let's leave future generations with the problems to sort out in the future.
That and "let the private sector we detest solve our problems" should be the taglines of Labour and the Greens
DErasmus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's an entitlement culture we've created over the past few decades.
it's what happens when you put the individual at the centre instead of belief in the importance of something else, such as a community, nation or God... of course these people will always exist in any culture but ours does nothing to solve the problem and everything to make it worse.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You couldn't be any more of a tit.

Just saying.

People like you were saying the exact same thing, or worse, when people were protesting over the right for the poor non property owners to vote etc etc

Does it really offend you that people are exercising their rite to protest? Or is the right to protest something else that needs to be done away with so we can return the glory days of 1800s society.
BitWindy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)

Just saying.

People like you were saying the exact same thing, or worse, when people were protesting over the right for the poor non property owners to vote etc etc

Does it really offend you that people are exercising their rite to protest? Or is the right to protest something else that needs to be done away with so we can return the glory days of 1800s society.
Criticising protest is not denying the right to protest, genius. It's actually an expression of it.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Just saying.

Not at all. I believe in universal suffrage.vi believe in demonstrations.

What I don't agree is people demonstrating about demanding more money is taken off somebody else.
william walker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DErasmus)
it's what happens when you put the individual at the centre instead of belief in the importance of something else, such as a community, nation or God... of course these people will always exist in any culture but ours does nothing to solve the problem and everything to make it worse.
No it is down to the destruction of the family. If the family gone all that is left is the individual and the government. We must restore the family which means restoring Protestant morality. However I don't see all the working class people who bang on about other people in benefits or immigrants going to church. Basically people see problems but want other people to fix them, but they can only fix the problems themselves not the government.
DErasmus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by william walker)
No it is down to the destruction of the family. If the family gone all that is left is the individual and the government. We must restore the family which means restoring Protestant morality. However I don't see all the working class people who bang on about other people in benefits or immigrants going to church. Basically people see problems but want other people to fix them, but they can only fix the problems themselves not the government.
the family is an institution greater than oneself so it's not really a refutation of my point, merely an addition to it.
william walker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Just saying.

I actually think the voting rights should be based on property ownership and marriage. To redress the power balance between the cities and more rural area's.
william walker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
the family is an institution greater than oneself so it's not really a refutation of my point, merely an addition to it.
Yep. I shouldn't have said no at the start.
DErasmus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by william walker)
I actually think the voting rights should be based on property ownership and marriage. To redress the power balance between the cities and more rural area's.
I agree, if you want to be able to influence the system you should have an investment in its stability.
william walker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I agree, if you want to be able to influence the system you should have an investment in its stability.
If you live in a country, you have an investment in it. So that argument for limited voting rights is a losing one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (593)
34.1%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.54%

Watched Threads