anon422
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I received an unconditional offer for Psychology from Leicester this evening, I also have one from UEA but they're my least favourite out of my 5 universities.

UEA said in their email that the offer is only unconditional if I put it as my firm, but I can't find anything about this for Leicester.

Does anyone know whether the Leicester offer is unconditional only if it's my firm, or if it's my firm or insurance?
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
First of all, congratulations on your offer!

I think the best thing to do is to contact the university. That way, you will know for certain. It looks as though there aren't any requirements for the unconditional offer to stand, but it's better to be safe than sorry!
insert-username
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by anon422)
I received an unconditional offer for Psychology from Leicester this evening, I also have one from UEA but they're my least favourite out of my 5 universities.

UEA said in their email that the offer is only unconditional if I put it as my firm, but I can't find anything about this for Leicester.

Does anyone know whether the Leicester offer is unconditional only if it's my firm, or if it's my firm or insurance?
an unconditional offer can only be a firm.
Accepting an unconditional offer means that it will be the university you will go to. Unconditional offers = committed offers. If you accept an unconditional offer it can only be your firm. You can't firm an unconditional offer and have an insurance and likewise you can't firm a conditional offer and use an unconditional as insurance.
ab2468
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have the same problem, I got an unconditional from Leicester for Bio sciences but would not want it as my firm choice. May not even be my insurance
Kill3er
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think that's correct. You sometimes can firm a conditional offer and have an unconditional as your insurance.

(Original post by insert-username)
an unconditional offer can only be a firm.
Accepting an unconditional offer means that it will be the university you will go to. Unconditional offers = committed offers. If you accept an unconditional offer it can only be your firm. You can't firm an unconditional offer and have an insurance and likewise you can't firm a conditional offer and use an unconditional as insurance.
insert-username
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kill3er)
I don't think that's correct. You sometimes can firm a conditional offer and have an unconditional as your insurance.
I could be wrong about that part, I was told that accepting an unconditonal meant you were comitted to going to that uni. I know for a fact that you can't have an unconditional as firm and still have an insurance choice, maybe its different the other way round.
Kill3er
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by insert-username)
I could be wrong about that part, I was told that accepting an unconditonal meant you were comitted to going to that uni. I know for a fact that you can't have an unconditional as firm and still have an insurance choice, maybe its different the other way round.
If you firm an unconditional offer, you don't have an insurance and you can't go into adjustment. You've made the commitment of going there and accepting the place.

Sometimes uni's offer you an unconditional and DON'T require you to firm the offer. In such cases you can put the unconditional offer as your insurance.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you firm an unconditional offer, you don't have an insurance and you can't go into adjustment. You've made the commitment of going there and accepting the place.

Sometimes uni's offer you an unconditional and DON'T require you to firm the offer. In such cases you can put the unconditional offer as your insurance.
Exactly.

Leicester don't insist you firmly accept them.
Alex347_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Correct. Aberdeen have given me an unconditional which can, and will be my insurance. Lancaster have also given me a weird offer of AEE instead of AAB if I firm them lol
electricgrrl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got an unconditional from Leicester for Sociology and I put it as my insurance, it just means if you don't meet the offer for your firm you'll definitely have a place there Some unis only give you an unconditional if you firm them but Leicester don't
kimt3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I emailed Leicester about it after receiving my unconditional, they said it still stands even if I put it as my insurance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (54)
29.51%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
22.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.74%
No - I live at home during term anyway (48)
26.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed