How do i approach this? Watch

stoltguyboo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically I'm the only gay guy in my college class , (I'm not over the top or shove it in peoples faces) But these 5 guys have joined from a previous course (I'm in my second year) and they are Muslim and these guys won't leave me alone! Examples -

* They poured a can of Cola in my bag
* Threw wet balls of paper at me.
* Crossed my name out on the register and wrote ''Ben Dover'' (Figure it out)
* They said I'd rot in hell?
* They have I am ''****ed in the head''
* And that I'd have to ''Watch myself''

The college have spoken to them several times about this but they don't get it? And obviously won't get lost.

I don't get what the problem is? - I don't care what people believe I don't judge anybody on what they believe this is who I am? I can't help it can't they just get lost.

I have quite a few Muslim friends and they've never said anything like this to me? They just say to me ''It's your life get on with it'' I don't understand what these guys problem is?

Please help! What do i do?!
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sorry to hear this . So the college are aware of it and have spoken with the guys? Have they received any formal warnings? Have their parents been spoken with? Have your parents spoken with the college? The college should really take better action to stop these guys from doing this to you. You're being bullied, and no college should accept this. I think that your parents should remind the college of their duty of care.
stoltguyboo
Rep:
?
They've been spoken to and have two formal warning's now but they still won't leave me alone and the college spoke to their parents and the parents said ''It's what we believe'' I don't even understand what I've done? Lol.
H0PEL3SS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Police?
a_shabba
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It seems like these immature bullies would look for any reason to mess with anyone, however this is harassment, if you feel that you are in physical danger or if they lay a hand on you, you can report it to the police, and you should definitely report it to your college again, threats, hate speech and assaults are extremely serious and I am sure that the college would support you if you were to take this further
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's a huge difference between them not believing that people should be gay and bullying like this though and your college shouldn't accept it. I appreciate that they're probably wary of being accused of racism but it's really not on for you to have to put up with it! Hope it gets sorted for you soon OP
stoltguyboo
Rep:
?
Thanks all I was told today by the head of the department of the course which i am on that it's ''Cultural Differences''
H0PEL3SS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stoltguyboo)
Thanks all I was told today by the head of the department of the course which i am on that it's ''Cultural Differences''
That's total BS. I think you should definitely consider going to the police now, about these guys and possibly even the way the college has dealt with it.
stoltguyboo
Rep:
?
Thanks I will contact my local police about this.

Thanks once again for all your replies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (125)
17.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.27%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (121)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (68)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (214)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed