Jabberjay_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all, I just started physics as a 5th as level, my teacher has set me a test this Friday on Base units and prefixes. I am doing the edexcel spec and I'm not too sure what sort of questions I might get in my test. If anyone could let me know what I should know for the A level exam on this topic I would be eternally grateful!

So far I have made notes on:
The systeme national
The 7 different base units, their symbol, name and corresponding base quantities
Derived quantities
Homogeneity of equations
Prefixes(Giga, mega...)

Also if anyone has any question worksheets on these then I could really use those as well!
Jordan97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's not much to test on really. There won't be a section on base units for the exam so don't worry about it too much. Just memorise the 7 base quantities and know how to find a base unit and its derived unit
Jabberjay_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Jordan97)
There's not much to test on really. There won't be a section on base units for the exam so don't worry about it too much. Just memorise the 7 base quantities and know how to find a base unit and its derived unit
Ah ok, that's good to know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise