The Student Room Group

Anyone studying Accounting and Finance at Birmingham, Nottingham or Southampton?

I've gotten offers for Accounting and Finance at Birmingham, Nottingham, Southampton and Sheffield University. I didn't take A Level Maths but achieved an A in it at GCSE. To any students studying Accounting at these unis: How is the course? What's it like? Is it reasonably difficult? Is there a lot of maths involved and is it very difficult or manageable for someone who didn't take A Level Maths?

Would appreciate any current students at the above unis studying this course to answer my questions. Thank you so much !
Hiya! I recommend having a look at the sub-forums for the universities. That way, you can chat with other applicants and ask questions of current students, who will be able to share their experiences. You can find the forums here:

Birmingham
Nottingham
Southampton
Sheffield

Good luck! :smile:
Hi, I am studying Accounting and Finance at University of Birmingham(1st year). I know a few people who did not do Maths at A level. We have one module based entirely on maths, however in the first few weeks the lecturer only advised people who did take maths to come to the lectures for the first 3/4 weeks so that they are able to catch up with the a level students. I would say that its not that difficult, all you need to do is practice the questions given to you and you'll be fine.
As for the course it is really interesting. Most modules are not too difficult apart from Finance. It requires you to do a lot of background reading outside lectures. However, this hasn't put me of the course.:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by chelsss123
Hi, I am studying Accounting and Finance at University of Birmingham(1st year). I know a few people who did not do Maths at A level. We have one module based entirely on maths, however in the first few weeks the lecturer only advised people who did take maths to come to the lectures for the first 3/4 weeks so that they are able to catch up with the a level students. I would say that its not that difficult, all you need to do is practice the questions given to you and you'll be fine.
As for the course it is really interesting. Most modules are not too difficult apart from Finance. It requires you to do a lot of background reading outside lectures. However, this hasn't put me of the course.:smile:

Awesome! Thank you so so much :biggrin:
Glad you're enjoying the course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending