AnimeFreak101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
To the people that got A*s in triple science how did you do it? I checked on the previous forums and they all mentioned my-gcse science, but now the guy is being annoying and has now blocked his videos and is basically charging us to watch it. Long story short, to those who got A*'s without using my gcse science how did you do it? Please I really need help with this I NEED 2 A*s in Triple to get into the sixth form of my choice.
Safiya122
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
getrevising.co.uk
did past papers and got teachers to mark it
VioletPhillippo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm also aiming for A*s in triple science
I use a variety of text books and revision guides so I get different view points and more detail on the topics - I use CGP, the school textbook, BBC bitesize
I do summary questions and check the answers.
I do practice papers and mark them, highlighting and trying to understand the specific language you have to use to get full marks as well as weaker areas of knowledge. I'm lucky because we do a lot of end of topic tests in class.
I practice different types of questions like graph questions, 6 mark questions, how science works e.t.c to see how to get full marks on them
I pay attention to the practicals in lessons because quite often they are used in exams.
Grade
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm so ****ing annoyed, that MyGCSEscience videos have been made for a charge. Couldn't they have waited till January.
I have mocks coming up in two weeks, and I wanted to test out the videos, as people kept saying they were good. :mad:

How else am I going to revise for additional?

Does using my school book and text book to obtain information, and re-write them in pukka pads help.
Then I will memorize them, and then do Science Lab papers, and past papers?
beyknowles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I didn't use any of those online sites, I didn't find them useful.

This may be annoying, but it's true. What I did was (honestly) half-listen in class then depend on the teacher to re-cover topics, otherwise I would never think of them again. Then, a month before the exams, I started revising a little each night (about 10 mins per night, not every night). I revised the most on the day before the exams.

I got As in triple science, not far off A*s, but I was proud considering how little work I put in.

So my tips would be: print past papers and learn the answers. If anyone tells you that you can't just remember answers, they're lying. Also, revise summarised notes/revision guide many times. If you feel like you have mastered a topic then emit it from your revision topics and just make a note to go back to it later.

GCSE Science grade boundaries are considerable generous each year. You don't have to get full marks or particularly close for an A*. Also, there are so many modules that they can even each other out (obviously you don't want to get any lower then, say a B, in any module).
AnimeFreak101
Rep:
?
(Original post by VioletPhillippo)
I'm also aiming for A*s in triple science
I use a variety of text books and revision guides so I get different view points and more detail on the topics - I use CGP, the school textbook, BBC bitesize
I do summary questions and check the answers.
I do practice papers and mark them, highlighting and trying to understand the specific language you have to use to get full marks as well as weaker areas of knowledge. I'm lucky because we do a lot of end of topic tests in class.
I practice different types of questions like graph questions, 6 mark questions, how science works e.t.c to see how to get full marks on them
I pay attention to the practicals in lessons because quite often they are used in exams.
Thanks for the info and btw, CGP is my bible now. I'm just getting all of those for like ALL my subjects since most of my teachers apart from a very few ( like 1 or 2) are incredibly incompetent.
Oh and PS download Cram if you're on your phone a lot. They help. Try Quizlet or something as well. Once again cheers!
AnimeFreak101
Rep:
?
(Original post by beyknowles)
I didn't use any of those online sites, I didn't find them useful.

This may be annoying, but it's true. What I did was (honestly) half-listen in class then depend on the teacher to re-cover topics, otherwise I would never think of them again. Then, a month before the exams, I started revising a little each night (about 10 mins per night, not every night). I revised the most on the day before the exams.

I got As in triple science, not far off A*s, but I was proud considering how little work I put in.

So my tips would be: print past papers and learn the answers. If anyone tells you that you can't just remember answers, they're lying. Also, revise summarised notes/revision guide many times. If you feel like you have mastered a topic then emit it from your revision topics and just make a note to go back to it later.

GCSE Science grade boundaries are considerable generous each year. You don't have to get full marks or particularly close for an A*. Also, there are so many modules that they can even each other out (obviously you don't want to get any lower then, say a B, in any module).
Thanks for the useful information, I'll be sure to take note
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (100)
5.13%
Uncertainty around my education (292)
14.97%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (206)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (273)
14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (85)
4.36%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (111)
5.69%
Loneliness (170)
8.72%
Financial worries (69)
3.54%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.41%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.72%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.54%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (172)
8.82%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (186)
9.54%

Watched Threads