Am I barbaric for wanting the death penalty?

Watch
dre93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Would you say am dangerous to society for wanting certain people killed.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dre93)
Would you say am dangerous to society for wanting certain people killed.
I wouldn't say you're dangerous to society simply on the basis of that but I do think it's a disgraceful, hypocritical and groundless point of view to have.
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Death penalty won't solve a problem, it would actually give a relief for a criminal. Better to send them to coal mines to work for the rest of their life.
pjm600
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
barbaric yes. danger no

/thread
The_Last_Melon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The moral fibre of society is gone. Extreme measures are needed.
The Juan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There is nothing wrong with you whatsoever with wanting evil murderers, child sex offenders, rapists, drug lords, terrorists and monsters in our society dead so they can not be released to cause more havoc and your well earned taxes can instead be spent on well needed NHS surgical procedures.

The left wingers would have you believe these monsters have rights(even though they took the rights from their victims)- a strange concept I have never really understood
masterridley
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, I believe in very rare instances where reform is not possible (eg psychopaths, serial killers etc), death penalty is the only logical solution. I think I've argued in favour of it when I was in high school too!

For the rest, jail + rehabilitation + training programs, like in Scandinavian countries.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ForgetMe)
Death penalty won't solve a problem, it would actually give a relief for a criminal. Better to send them to coal mines to work for the rest of their life.
More economically viable than free bed and board for life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bittr n swt
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would rather have torture camps than death penalty
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bittr n swt)
I would rather have torture camps than death penalty
Yeah okay, now THATS barbaric.
bittr n swt
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arkasia)
Yeah okay, now THATS barbaric.
one could argue it's less barbaric than death penalty...
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
one could argue it's less barbaric than death penalty...
Hardly. If we agree they deserve to die, then they should die. We gain nothing from unnecessary torture.
bittr n swt
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arkasia)
Hardly. If we agree they deserve to die, then they should die. We gain nothing from unnecessary torture.
justice
h3isenberg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jebedee)

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you look at the countries that employ the death penalty with a fair justice system, the economic viability is not really existent.
miser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'll be the first one to say I think you're dangerous. I say that because your beliefs will likely influence the beliefs of others, and beliefs of these type stifle empathy - something I think is very dangerous.
miser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jebedee)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually this is incorrect, assuming that we allow the (very expensive) appeals processes to provide the additional degree of certainty modern societies like ours require of themselves before carrying out an execution.
pinkteddyx64
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't trust the justice system in this country as it is, never mind us having the death penalty and it being wrongly used when a much lesser sentence could have been applied, whereas people who should have been sentenced to death would probably get a much lesser sentence. :mad:
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
justice
Justice is a stupid concept that is utterly bypassed regardless of our actions. It is a fancy notion that has been corrupted by powerful men to fit their agendas, and justice through torture is a particularly nasty example.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by miser)
Actually this is incorrect, assuming that we allow the (very expensive) appeals processes to provide the additional degree of certainty modern societies like ours require of themselves before carrying out an execution.
Don't allow them then.
Time Tourist
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bring back hanging with immediate effect.

The murderers of Lee Rigby would be a start.

Then bring back hard labour in prisons.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed