Turn on thread page Beta

What happens on Fresher's Week? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Well, she may not be - but if random drunken 2nd year lech comes onto her, she resists and goes running to bf...could get nasty.

lol, i personally can't see myself just shagging someone cos a drunken idiot comes onto me. u can call me frigid but i doubt i'd do it.........unless i got THAT drunk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    lol, i personally can't see myself just shagging someone cos a drunken idiot comes onto me. u can call me frigid but i doubt i'd do it.........unless i got THAT drunk
    No, you're right, and generally that doesn't actually happen that much. I never did anything like that - didn't even pull anyone until about 4 weeks into term, although other people did get some before that!

Freshers' week is probably a mass rampant drunken orgy shagfest for some. However, not half as many as people would have you believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    Seriuosly tho, be wary of second/thrid years who are friendly with you... my mates have already set up their "****-a-fresher" competition for next year, and they're girls! Be afraid Pompey, be very afraid...
    oh i am afreid! LOL. THAT'S GREAT!!!. I HAVE A FREIEND GOING TO POMPER UNI DOING PHARMACY. I WILL WARN HIM. ITS ALMOST ENOUGH TO MAKE ME STAY IN MY HOME TOWN OF POMPEY JUST TO GO TO THE FRESHERS WEEK. I'M SURE THEY WON'T NOTICE THAT I AM NOT ACTUALLY STUDYING THERE. WHEN IS THE POMPEY FRESHERS WEEK BY THE WAY?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how well this is going to go down...Last year, one of my mates went to University and on his first night.. ahem - he was with some girl on a dancefloor and fisted her.. all the lads loved it and everytime he walks round he gets called 'the fist of fury' I'd hate to imagine what is said to the girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    I read somewhere on here freshers week at warwick isn't a pure "week for fresher activities". It is instead two weeks of light lectures with freshers activities inter-mingled!?!

Does anyone know if I'm right or wrong?
    You're right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    Not sure how well this is going to go down...Last year, one of my mates went to University and on his first night.. ahem - he was with some girl on a dancefloor and fisted her.. all the lads loved it and everytime he walks round he gets called 'the fist of fury' I'd hate to imagine what is said to the girl.
    ]

hahah good on him?!

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

*Helenia faints*

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha... oh dear... the mind boggles!
    I have to ask - what uni was he at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    I think that is right. I wonder if they still do those first week exams?
    Light lectures and first week exams?! What!! :eek: Aaah, that kind sux.

Some these stories are pertty funny.
    I cant sign up to any student accounts cause of my age! Grr. I really wanted that £1000 loan and railcard from HSBC. Damn age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valcandy)
    Light lectures and first week exams?! What!! :eek: Aaah, that kind sux.
    I don't know if they still do it now but MORSE students used to have this maths test in the first week. You get three chances to pass it or something and if you are still failing by the end of term you get the boot! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    I don't know if they still do it now but MORSE students used to have this maths test in the first week. You get three chances to pass it or something and if you are still failing by the end of term you get the boot! :eek:
    When I went to the MORSE Open Day, they did say they still do the Maths test in the first week. However, you're allowed as many attempts as you like. The student that did our campus tour said that she knew people that had taken it more than 10 times, so they're pretty lenient. I know I'm going to fail it several times, as I haven't done any Maths during my year out. Maybe I should start revising!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Hahaha... oh dear... the mind boggles!
    I have to ask - what uni was he at?
    portsmouth i think

ReputationRep:
    lol.. have I been naive to think that Freshers week was all about settling in, having a good time and meeting new people? It seems that a lot of people on here seem to think that "having a good time and meeting new people" = sex :eek:.

Hmmm.. I hope you guys are exaggerating..

ReputationRep:
    Sex is overrated if you are just having it drunk and a once off.. it means nothing. Just that you get all these virgins free from their parents grip that want to sit on the first **** they can find, or macho blokes wanting something to spend the next few weeks telling their newly acquired mates.

Anyway - whats all this talk about banks coming up to you around campus? I thought we are meant to sort out our loans nowish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    lol.. have I been naive to think that Freshers week was all about settling in, having a good time and meeting new people? It seems that a lot of people on here seem to think that "having a good time and meeting new people" = sex :eek:.

Me too, sounds a bit indimidating to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    General rumours are exaggerrated. It does happen, but not to everyone.

Anyway - whats all this talk about banks coming up to you around campus? I thought we are meant to sort out our loans nowish?
    Yes, but not everyone has student bank accounts yet, and as your first student loan installment comes as a cheque, there is always a rush of people who haven't sorted a bank yet, and along come the nice banks to help you with that. However, they'll be really busy, so get your account sorted before you go. They'll also try to sell you credit cards - not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Freshers week is what you make it: if you want to have sex with a different person every night no one's going to stop you or if you'd rather just stay in your room all week and not talk to anyone that's fine too - I expect most people will be somewhere in the middle though.

No ones forcing you to do anything in freshers week just don't get so drunk you don't have a choice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mg84)
    When I went to the MORSE Open Day, they did say they still do the Maths test in the first week. However, you're allowed as many attempts as you like. The student that did our campus tour said that she knew people that had taken it more than 10 times, so they're pretty lenient. I know I'm going to fail it several times, as I haven't done any Maths during my year out. Maybe I should start revising!

It was a few years ago but I remember my friend saying that quite a number of people failed first time during his first year. Maybe the university realised that if they weren't lenient the drop out rate would rocket and they would look a bit daft!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valcandy)
    Just wondering, generally, what happens apart from everyone getting plastered and embarrassing themselves? Please share your experience or any knowledge you have. :cool:

P.S. Does anyone know when Warwick's fresher's week start? :confused:
    Lots of free stuff and partying.

One of the best weeks of my life. So good, i'm, going again next year!

ReputationRep:
    Me too! This time I'll be getting drunk though, last year I didn't much because I didn't want to make a tit of myself in my first week.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.